Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:37 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,464,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
So let me get this straight: As long as you're an American, you can "profit" off the backs of American and immigrant workers, destroy the land, and you're okay? Think: Katrina and insurance companies. Sorry, but I think that is FAR more "criminal" than any law-abiding illegal immigrant.
Are you kidding me ?? If we are going to have opinions that differ at least can we compare apples to apples. The insurance industry didn't invite the illegals here did they ? Was it a slick marketing ploy to get more underwriters ? Please stay on topic. Maybe start an insurance anger thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 PM

122 posts, read 385,178 times
Quote:
Throx: If illegals want a better life for their family, then they need to protest their own governments to make that happen. It is not right for illegals in this country to expect the American people to pay for their education, health care, and employment needs. And it is certainly not right for them to enter the country illegally. And you are very naive if you think that most of the people entering this country are starving and in desperation. Some are, it's true, but a system needs to be in place for us to be able to help those truly in need, not support millions of people who would just rather be here than there. People should not get a free pass on breaking the law just because they are illegal immigrants. Many, many people wait many, many years to be able to enter this country legally.
But I don't blame the illegals for what I see is a problem with our own government. Most countries kick illegals out. Our country allows them to enroll in school and gives them free medical care. Our police aren't allowed to ask if they are citizens. This is why they have been allowed to stay for so long. Most are good people. People that vent their rage on the illegals are not only causing racial instability, they are completely ignoring the cause of the problem.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,515 times
I agree that people who vent their rage on the illegals are completely ignoring part of the cause of the problem: illegal immigrants are responsible, as well, for their illegal status. I also agree that such misplaced rage causes racial instability. It is true that many of them receive free medical care. American citizens, however, pay for it. And poor American citizens don't receive free medical care.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:25 PM

30 posts, read 276,185 times
It happens to be the invasion of the illegals that cause the supposed racial instability you speak about. The employers and the governmnet are at fault, as are the illegals. It takes a person of low morals to think nothing of breaking the law and then to continue breaking felonious laws the whole time they stay in the country. Add on top of that utter disrespect and hatred of the American people. You add all of that together and it is not the the fault at all of any rage at all that comes from Americans in their own country.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:59 PM

562 posts, read 659,741 times
The only people who should get absolutely FREE medical care, and medicine is our ELDERLY U.S. Citizens.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:19 PM

156 posts, read 150,733 times
I would add all VETERANS should get free medical care and free medicine.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:25 PM

562 posts, read 659,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throx View Post
Don't blame the illegals for coming here. Blame the system for allowing them to come and the rich greedy people and companies that hire them.
Give us a break. This isn't a one sided thing, it is the system, but it is also the people who jump the border. They KNOW it's wrong, and yet they continue to do it. If you teach them a hard lesson, with force, then maybe they will rethink their ideas about running for it with rifles pointed at them.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,175 times
Why can't everyone get free health care, like in France, Canada, and England? Yes, it would be paid for with taxes, just like Medicare (for the elderly) and the V.A. (for soldiers).

Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throx View Post
But I don't blame the illegals for what I see is a problem with our own government.
If a bank robbery occurs, don't blame the bank robber. It is the bank's fault for not guarding their money carefully enough?
Quote:
Most countries kick illegals out. Our country allows them to enroll in school and gives them free medical care. Our police aren't allowed to ask if they are citizens. This is why they have been allowed to stay for so long.
Sigh. No good deed shall go unpunished.
Quote:
Most are good people. People that vent their rage on the illegals are not only causing racial instability, they are completely ignoring the cause of the problem.
OK, what specifically is the 'cause of the problem'?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
I agree that people who vent their rage on the illegals are completely ignoring part of the cause of the problem: illegal immigrants are responsible, as well, for their illegal status. I also agree that such misplaced rage causes racial instability. It is true that many of them receive free medical care. American citizens, however, pay for it. And poor American citizens don't receive free medical care.
Americans who are financially tapped out because of medical bills and/or costly health insurance premiums have every right to be absolutely furious that illegal aliens receive free medical care. Why should an American couple carefully plan for the birth of a child, often delaying starting a family until they feel they can handle it financially, while an illegal alien woman simply walks into the nearest hospital in labor then leaves with her child paying not one cent? The American couple will be held responsible for the costs associated with childbirth, why should the illegals be allowed to walk away? This scenario is repeated in many other ways. American families live one to a home and so pay full property taxes. If 3 illegal families are living in one home and sending 7 school age children to be educated, each family is only paying one third of their fair share of property taxes. Why should I pay car insurance premiums when illegals simply drive around without it?
The anger many Americans feel at being duped, conned, taken advantage of and lied to by our gov. and, above all, the illegal aliens is not misplaced at all, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration