U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So if a former illegal alien complies with the requirements for lawfully re-entry once they exit the United States, it isn't an issue for you?...

Would you object to any of the "touch-back" proposals for an illegal alien to leave and be evaluated by the same mechanism, and satisfying legal immigration requirements in place, to be able to re-enter?...

Currently, for "visa overstays", the foreign national spouse of a U.S. citizen is allowed to do the same evaluation process in-country, because they were originally "inspected" on their visa entry...
As I said, whatever requirements there are for an illegal to come back legally according to our laws, why would I object?

Just curious why you hang out in forums where the above problems exists to the point of even recognizing their names. What possible help could you be to them or what interest would it be to you since you claim your wife/family was never here illegally? Hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As I said, whatever requirements there are for an illegal to come back legally according to our laws, why would I object?

Just curious why you hang out in forums where the above problems exists to the point of even recognizing their names. What possible help could you be to them or what interest would it be to you since you claim your wife/family was never here illegally? Hmm.
It's true, my wife has never broken any immigration law in the United States. She toured with a musical group in her late teens, but fully complied with the terms of her visa. The reason for being on that forum is for mutual support, I have compassion for many, among them U.S, citizens that think they have found the love of their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:06 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It's true, my wife has never broken any immigration law in the United States. She toured with a musical group in her late teens, but fully complied with the terms of her visa. The reason for being on that forum is for mutual support, I have compassion for many, among them U.S, citizens that think they have found the love of their life.
Unfortunately, that seems to also have made you sympathetic to the illegals themselves also. They don't deserve your sympathy. Your situation as you claim was entirely different than theirs if your wife was never here illegally. I don't get the relation point. Citizens find other citizens who are the loves of their lives also. Why no big interest in that?

Last edited by chicagonut; 07-05-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 07:02 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It's true, my wife has never broken any immigration law in the United States. She toured with a musical group in her late teens, but fully complied with the terms of her visa. The reason for being on that forum is for mutual support, I have compassion for many, among them U.S, citizens that think they have found the love of their life.
There are women who fall in love with criminals. Even Jeffrey Dahmer had his female fans and admirers. Should these prisoners be released just because some woman wants them or would marry them?

These spouses knew damn well they are in this country illegally but thought they could con some citizen into a green card marriage to beat the immigration laws. Otherwise there are perfectly legal ways to obtain a fiance visa and sponsor a spouse to come here legally. There are even mail-order bride businesses out there.

Why don't any of these bimbos wonder why their husbands failed to inform them of their legal status before the wedding? Why didn't any think to check the immigration laws and get things done legally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 07:05 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Perhaps a citizen should find out if their "love interest" is here legally or not first before getting involved. After that they should evaluate whether or not their "love interest" will be able to remain in this country through legal channels or not or if they are willing to join them in their own homeland. And no, love does not conquer "all".

The only thing I am aware of about instant citizenship is birthright citizenship and that is no myth so what are you talking about?

I have no problem if an illegal alien returns to their homeland and applies legally to come here but they and their American love interest or spouse should accept the fact that it may not be possible or they may have to wait for years for it to happen and stop whining about it since they made the decision to become involved with each other.
They remind me of those women who fell in love with some guy and then found out he was married. And don't see a problem with the fact that the guy forgot to inform them he was already married.

They really need to wonder why such an important detail was left out.

I don't see the big deal in the couple living in the other's country for awhile or forever. They may realize they prefer it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They remind me of those women who fell in love with some guy and then found out he was married. And don't see a problem with the fact that the guy forgot to inform them he was already married.

They really need to wonder why such an important detail was left out.

I don't see the big deal in the couple living in the other's country for awhile or forever. They may realize they prefer it.
I wouldn't want to marry someone who had lied to me about their status in this country in the first place. It shows they are not to be trusted. In the case where one falls in love even knowing their spouse is here illegally then they get what they deserve instead of whining that our laws should be changed to accomodate their situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 07:52 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I wouldn't want to marry someone who had lied to me about their status in this country in the first place. It shows they are not to be trusted. In the case where one falls in love even knowing their spouse is here illegally then they get what they deserve instead of whining that our laws should be changed to accomodate their situation.
And a lot of them should face the fact that they are more desireable as women or spouses because of the promised green card and easy way around the immigration laws.

Many are only sham marriages so if the US spouse refuses to consider relocating to the country of the foreign spouse, a sham marriage is likely all it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I wouldn't want to marry someone who had lied to me about their status in this country in the first place. It shows they are not to be trusted. In the case where one falls in love even knowing their spouse is here illegally then they get what they deserve instead of whining that our laws should be changed to accomodate their situation.
Actually they don't tend to lie to their spouses about their status - For "getting what they deserve" the couples are trying to adjust their status to become fully legal. The women and their husbands in the article are conforming to the law, not asking for them to be changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Actually they don't tend to lie to their spouses about their status - For "getting what they deserve" the couples are trying to adjust their status to become fully legal. The women and their husbands in the article are conforming to the law, not asking for them to be changed.
Why didn't they "conform" to our laws by not entering our country illegally in the first place? You don't enter illegally and then try to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why didn't they "conform" to our laws by not entering our country illegally in the first place? You don't enter illegally and then try to fix it.
They're trying to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top