U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'd like to know the same thing. Why is a foreigner here illegally a human rights issue for us? Why isn't it a human rights issue for the country that they fled from? What about the human rights of Americans who are being negatively impacted by this invasion?
Apparently, they believe the only people who deserve human rights are illegal aliens. But, somehow they only deserve human rights from the USA. They refuse to hold their governments accountable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I get so sick of the endless sob stories. I won’t watch this movie, and don’t know anyone who will. Rather than trying to tug at our heartstrings with illegal aliens, they should make a movie showing U.S. citizens losing jobs and homes due to illegal immigration. But, that wouldn’t support their amnesty agenda.
Yeah, a movie like that would be made when hell freezes over.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 PM

148 posts, read 66,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, a movie like that would be made when hell freezes over.
Outsourced the Movie

I'll save you the time. It is the same priniciple. Jobs were lost to lower paying workers.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:43 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
...that is the one. I just know when this comes out millions of dumb people, are going to feel so bad for illegals, and want to lighten up even more.
It's out, I saw the shorter preview on Univision. If it is released anything like "Crossing Over" it will be hard to find in theaters. I had to wait until that one (a good movie, but as complex as a "Dune" plot) came out on DVD.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:16 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
It's pretty awesome how like virtually every study that says they are a net benefit is bias but afaik the only ones that show net drains are FAIR and CIS studies, and both groups are funded by white nationalists, both started by the same person with many white nationalist ties and yet there is no question of their agenda and their accuracy is never in question once lol.
If they were a net benefit, their own countries would be trying to keep them but also our own economy would be in better shape than it is. These are people who are having many children at very young ages that they could not afford -- they couldn't afford them back home where they know the language and culture and where the cost of living is very low.

These are people who see getting illegally into another country as "a better life" even though they lack the education and job skills to support themselves in their own low-cost-of-living country and certainly cannot afford their families here.

"A better life" means a life of Medicaid and free health care, food stamps, WIC, free school breakfasts and lunches in addition to breaking the laws of this country.

Why not have the better life by staying in school back home, finishing an education, marrying before having children and limiting family size to what they can afford and joining their own country's growing middle class?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:20 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
I liked the movie about illegals called "Tres Veces Mojado" in a way. Yes, at the end, you could almost feel a little sorry for them but they didn't end up with some job here and put some American out of work.

How about a movie showing jobless and homeless Americans? All the Americans being replaced in the workforce by taxpayer subsidized illegals?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:59 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I liked the movie about illegals called "Tres Veces Mojado" in a way. Yes, at the end, you could almost feel a little sorry for them but they didn't end up with some job here and put some American out of work.

How about a movie showing jobless and homeless Americans? All the Americans being replaced in the workforce by taxpayer subsidized illegals?
It wouldn't be considered PC to make such a movie. Sad, isn't it?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,007,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

I'll get you started with a trailer:

Jane: "Why are you jobless, Stan?"

Stan: "Illegal immigrants do my job better and/or cheaper. It's like some kind of market that I have to compete in."

Jane: "This is ridiculous, I'm calling the INS."

INS Operator: "Dial 1 for English"

Stan and Jane: "Nooooooooooooo"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or