U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 PM

148 posts, read 66,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How on earth can illegals pay their fair share when many are working off the books, paying ZERO taxes? Furthermore, most illegals have children attending our public schools, at an annual cost per student ranging $7,000-$20,000. In addition, they are receiving WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps, pre/post-natal care, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, police, fire, EMS, trash collection, the list goes on. . . . You MUST be kidding.
Schools are mostly paid with property taxes which, as has been discussed for the last dozen posts, is almost impossible to avoid if you live on some kind of hand. And they pay sales taxes when they buy things. The only things they don't pay are wage taxes which I imagine they would do legally if given the chance since most of them feel the urgent need to have a fake SS number to work and then they pay wage taxes. I'm glad you care so much about trash collection though. The world would end without that.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Schools are mostly paid with property taxes which, as has been discussed for the last dozen posts, is almost impossible to avoid if you live on some kind of hand. And they pay sales taxes when they buy things. The only things they don't pay are wage taxes which I imagine they would do legally if given the chance since most of them feel the urgent need to have a fake SS number to work and then they pay wage taxes. I'm glad you care so much about trash collection though. The world would end without that.
Yes, schools are funded by property taxes. Do you think U.S. citizens should pay for an illegal alien family with 6 kids attending our public schools, at a cost of $42,000-$120,000 per year? I don’t. And, please don’t tell me illegals pay anything close to that in annual property taxes.

And, yes, I care about every dollar of my taxes squandered on illegals, including trash collection.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Well, I think it’s safe to say this thread will join the ranks of the “closed” threads on Monday morning. It couldn’t possibly be more off-topic.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,387,781 times
Quote:

They DO NOT pay property taxes unless thay own the property. Sales tax is the only thing they pay legally. If they use a stolen SS card someone else is stuck directly paying the taxes on that income.

If an illegal spent $20,000 per year they would pay at the most $2,000 in sales tax. Most people don't buy that much junk in a year.

Please tell me how this is good for the US.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, schools are funded by property taxes. Do you think U.S. citizens should pay for an illegal alien family with 6 kids attending our public schools, at a cost of $42,000-$120,000 per year? I don’t. And, please don’t tell me illegals pay anything close to that in annual property taxes.

And, yes, I care about every dollar of my taxes squandered on illegals, including trash collection.
So you think property taxes should be based on cost per student in school? Or by what? How should we alot property taxes in Benicar's world, because you seem to have a problem with multiple people living in a house. It seems odd though. My family had 5 children living under the same roof. Do you think we owe more property taxes than the million dollar house next to us who only had one person in it? I am curious.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
They DO NOT pay property taxes unless thay own the property.
So if they rent a property, the landlord isn't going to factor taxes into the rent?

Quote:
Sales tax is the only thing they pay legally.
No.

Quote:
If they use a stolen SS card someone else is stuck directly paying the taxes on that income.
This speaks to their desire to pay taxes legally. Create a "fake" social that is unique to a person in which they pay taxes but don't get anything back in return but can work with that. Payroll taxes solved.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,460,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
We did that in 1986, and look what it got us----20 million more. Are you suggesting that we give amnesty to several million illegal aliens every 25 years, or so? Why would you want to make citizens of several million people you know nothing about? Being illegal aliens means no one knows what their criminal background is, or what diseases they might carry. Could there be terrorists among them? Remember, not all illegal aliens are hard working Mexicans that just want a better life. There are some things we don't need to import.
This doesn't really make sense. The immigrants have not really affected my life in the slightest. If they were rampantly spreading diseases then it would be all over the news. If there were terrorists attacks committed by illegals that would be all over the newscast as well. They have already came here in droves and nothing has happened, the majority are looking for employment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
I felt like that too...That we should give amnesty to the current illegals and allow them citizenship.. but this time really close off the borders...tighten border controls so that we don't have this mess in another 25 years...yes I felt like that too... until as so often happens it hit me right in the face...you see I had a job where I could literally go to any state and find a job...I never had to have a resume...my interviews lasted 10-15 minutes max and I always got the job I applied for. I loved my job..it wasn't a high paying job but for me it was ultimate job satifaction...I got to help people less fortunate then I every day..Every day I wanted to go to work..until I got hurt and couldn't do my job anymore. So, I went thru re-training. I was using alot of the skills I already had..still got to work with people but in a different capacity. But there was a drawback...in order to find a job in my new field I needed 2-5 years of experience and to be bi-lingual...the first is not so hard. My previous experience gave me at least 1 years experience and I could get a small part-time job and volunteer to get the rest. The bi-lingual part? I couldn't even get an interview if I wasn't bi-lingual...If you look on any job board in my area in my field and there are 10 jobs 8 of them require you to be bi-lingual. The other 2 require more years of experience or level of responsibility then I qualify for. This hit me pretty hard and literally sent me in a tailspin...I just couldn't relate to my situation and went into a depression for about 2 years.
That opened my eyes..then this...
Slain Arizona rancher told family illegal alien needed help - CNN

and this....
Texas seeks Mexico's help in Jet Ski death - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

and this...
www.nytimes.com/2010/10/14/us/14border.html
Mexican Police chief investigating jetski killing beheaded

And finally this....
snopes.com: Mexican Flag at Montebello High School

Maybe originally the illegals crossing the border were poor illiterates truely looking for a better life but it has gotten high tech (and don't think for one minute that the drug cartels aren't involved in human trafficking)...and those poor illiterates have moved in and while they may realize what a land of opportunity the U.S. is their children (the anchor babies) have no respect for our country because they have not worked for the right to be here.. it was handed to them on a platter and it's time for the platter to go..and I say send the kids back FIRST.
Do you realize that Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in the USA? If it bothers you that much why not just learn the language?

Old 07-09-2011, 11:01 PM

951 posts, read 617,513 times
Quote:
They DO NOT pay property taxes unless thay own the property. Sales tax is the only thing they pay legally. If they use a stolen SS card someone else is stuck directly paying the taxes on that income.

If an illegal spent $20,000 per year they would pay at the most $2,000 in sales tax. Most people don't buy that much junk in a year.

Please tell me how this is good for the US.

The property taxes are figured in any rent paid. Apartment complexes all over the city pay property taxes. You are going to try to tell me the owners don't pass that cost onto the renter? LOL.

As per your previous example about the owner pocketing the savings and doing drugs or something with it, how is it the renters (legal or illegal) fault that the owner is committing tax fraud?

Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,387,781 times
Quote:
So if they rent a property, the landlord isn't going to factor taxes into the rent?

No.

This speaks to their desire to pay taxes legally. Create a "fake" social that is unique to a person in which they pay taxes but don't get anything back in return but can work with that. Payroll taxes solved.

It makes no difference if the landlord factors in the taxes, he is still paying them. A tenant has nothing to do with that. He may also be factoring in his drug money.

Using a fake or stolen ID is committing more crimes. Is there no end to the crimes they should be allowed to perpetrate all in the name of getting what they think they are entitled to?

Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
It makes no difference if the landlord factors in the taxes, he is still paying them. A tenant has nothing to do with that. He may also be factoring in his drug money.
So landlords don't factor in taxes when assigning rents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration