U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 10:42 PM

148 posts, read 66,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, it wasn’t a smoke screen. If they were actually paying their fair share, I, as well as other taxpayers, would not need to pay for them. But we do.
In which part? School taxes? Because it has already been shown that they do pay taxes just as much as any other American.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
In which part? School taxes? Because it has already been shown that they do pay taxes just as much as any other American.

Where was that pointed out? Please point that out. You can't make things up and expect people to accept it.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Where was that pointed out? Please point that out. You can't make things up and expect people to accept it.
School taxes are payed though property taxes. Property taxes don't discriminate between legal, illegal, and citizen. If the person lives in the area they are paying property taxes in some form and contributing to the school's funds.

Last edited by VerticalReasoning; 07-09-2011 at 10:58 PM..

Old 07-09-2011, 10:56 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
There is much more, but itís late. Today has been rather pleasant, because unless I missed it, there were no childish personal attacks. It proves we can debate this issue with civility, and agree to disagree. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Quote:
While the constitutionality of Plyler v. Doe is questionable, its fiscal impact is not. For decades illegal aliens have been the key driver of public school enrollment and costs in the United States. A recent study by the Pew Hispanic Center estimates that children of illegal aliens represented 6.8% of total K-12 enrollment in 2008. That is up from a 5.4% share in 2003.

The simplest way to estimate the current cost of educating illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children is to multiply the estimated number of such students by average per pupil current expenditure. Here are the links in this chain:

Total K-12 enrollment: 48.4 million8
Illegal alien enrollment: 3.3 million (6.8% of total)
Current spending per pupil: $9,6669
Total current expenditures for children of illegal aliens: $31.9 billion (3.3 million X $9,666)

Bottom line: At least $31.9 billion is spent annually on current expenses incurred to educate children of illegal aliens. The lion's share - $26.1 billion, or 81.7% of the total - goes for salaries and benefits of teachers, instructional aids, principals, administrators, and other staff. The rest is spent on support services, which include pupil transportation, textbooks, utilities, and school building maintenance expenses.
The Burden of Plyler v. Doe by Edwin S. Rubenstein - The Social Contract Press

Old 07-09-2011, 11:04 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Directly or indirectly, they are NOT paying their share.
I guess you don't pay gasoline taxes then?

Old 07-09-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
How on earth can illegals pay their fair share when many are working off the books, paying ZERO taxes? Furthermore, most illegals have children attending our public schools, at an annual cost per student ranging $7,000-$20,000. In addition, they are receiving WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps, pre/post-natal care, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, police, fire, EMS, trash collection, the list goes on. . . . You MUST be kidding.
Quote:
Again, I oppose ANY of my tax dollars being used to support illegal aliens. So, yes, it does make a difference to me. Unless they are paying the $7,000-$20,000 per year per child, then I am still subsidizing their education.

How many Real American US Citizens do you actually know that pay $20k per child in property taxes?

BTW, do you think US Citizens that rent are freeloading off of you?

Old 07-09-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
There is much more, but itís late. Today has been rather pleasant, because unless I missed it, there were no childish personal attacks. It proves we can debate this issue with civility, and agree to disagree. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

The Burden of Plyler v. Doe by Edwin S. Rubenstein - The Social Contract Press
Geez. Can you pick at least a survey that knows what they are doing. Here I'll show you what is wrong with that survey with an example. The direct labor costs of my company are $250,000 dollars. That means people are costing my company $250,000! If we fired everyone we would have a quarter million dollars!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
How many Real American US Citizens do you actually know that pay $20k per child in property taxes?

Over the course of a lifetime, most of them do. Who DO you think pays for it? Does the money grow on trees?

BTW, do you think US Citizens that rent are freeloading off of you?

A majority of citizens will own a home at some time in their lives. But it is a part of the American dream that is fast disappearing.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
A majority of citizens will own a home at some time in their lives. But it is a part of the American dream that is fast disappearing.
So are they freeloading or not?

Re: the 20k, that's lifetime or per year? Because I'm pretty sure it costs more than 20k to pay for K-12 education.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:18 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
This doesn't really make sense. The immigrants have not really affected my life in the slightest. If they were rampantly spreading diseases then it would be all over the news. If there were terrorists attacks committed by illegals that would be all over the newscast as well. They have already came here in droves and nothing has happened, the majority are looking for employment.

Do you realize that Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in the USA? If it bothers you that much why not just learn the language?
Illegal aliens DO affect my life cause they make us American Hispanics look real bad. Our rep aint good now and we DONT need more problemes.

Learn Spanish to live in MY country? Nope; this aint Mexico, this is the USA. Time to toss bilingual this and bilingual that into the trash. Learn English or leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration