Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,514,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I guess you don't pay gasoline taxes then?
Gasoline taxes? C’mon, you are clearly grasping at straws. You can’t actually believe when they purchase gas for their cars, they are covering costs for the myriad services they receive. What’s next. . . . taxes on cigarettes and Corona?

Quote:
How many Real American US Citizens do you actually know that pay $20k per child in property taxes?
Who knows? However, you are missing a salient point. The children of U.S. citizens have a right to receive a tax-funded education, regardless of their parent’s contributions through state, local, and property taxes. On the other hand, illegal aliens have no right to be here, and the burden borne by taxpayers is totally unnecessary, not to mention, unsustainable. Why should school districts go bankrupt due to the astronomical costs incurred by illegal immigration?

Unfortunately, we have no concrete data on the costs related to the K-12 education of illegal aliens, given that school administrators are prohibited by law from ascertaining the immigration status of students. It’s quite telling that our government will not allow these costs to be determined. Most likely, they don’t want the public to know the full extent of this burden.

Quote:
Current government information is not sufficient to directly estimate the state-by-state costs of educating illegal alien schoolchildren. Although a variety of data are available, no government source estimates the numbers of illegal alien schoolchildren for most or all states. Specifically, states and local areas record data on school enrollment and costs but not on immigration status. In response to GAO's survey, a few states estimated costs of educating illegal alien children, based partly on assumptions. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) maintains enrollment and cost data--but has no information on immigration status.

If the Census Bureau's plan proves successful, relevant data would be available by 2007-09. Taking account of cost determinants such as variation in local area expenditures, student needs, and school capacity requires additional data.
U.S. GAO - Illegal Alien Schoolchildren: Issues in Estimating State-by-State Costs

The Census Bureau still has not released a report. I wonder why.

Quote:
Using Pew’s estimates that 65 percent of those children are undocumented, the illegal student count would number roughly 57,400. The John Locke Foundation, publisher of Carolina Journal, calculates that it costs taxpayers, on average, $8,500 per year to fund the operational and capital costs of educating a child in North Carolina. That translates into an expenditure of approximately $487 million annually to educate illegal immigrant children, a cost that will continue to grow as the population increases.
Immigration Hits ‘Critical Mass’ in NC

Mind you, this is just one state.

Quote:
BTW, do you think US Citizens that rent are freeloading off of you?
Again, you must learn the difference between citizens and illegal aliens. Citizens have a right to be here, irrespective of their contributions, or lack thereof. Illegal aliens do not.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:53 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,514,593 times
Quote:
So are they freeloading or not?

Re: the 20k, that's lifetime or per year? Because I'm pretty sure it costs more than 20k to pay for K-12 education.
Per year, per student.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,393,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Awww are your feelings hurt? All those illegals waking up every day thinking I'm rubbing this day into California jewel's face. Do you really think that is what millions of people think every day? Must feel terrible, like a knife though your heart. If you think Mexico won't allow this to Americans I would suggest lobbying Congress to put pressure on Mexico in allow better emigration from the US into Mexico. The US has a large range of skills that would be immensely beneficial to Mexico and Mexicans.

Hate to put it to ya like this, but illegals could not get into my Million dollar area plus! I am not a racist, i am not, i love most people regardless of color or race, so long as they treat peope with respect.

However the majority of people in my area, those who are here, have money, hate to tell ya this, but illegals would not be allowed where i live, Maybe in some parts of Calif, but even then, they are not in all areas, i also own two rental properties, and they are not in those areas either.
You would not get thru the Gates.

Infact you seem to the be the one who is angry, i am not, illegals don't impact my life in my little paradise at all. Your not rubbing a thing into my face, i don't live with illegals, do you! Infact i do write Congress, my state representive, etc, get the same artifical letter back, because our State is run by a bunch of ignorant Dems!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:47 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,207,388 times
California housewives ITT

Old 07-10-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Illegal aliens DO affect my life cause they make us American Hispanics look real bad. Our rep aint good now and we DONT need more problemes.

Learn Spanish to live in MY country? Nope; this aint Mexico, this is the USA. Time to toss bilingual this and bilingual that into the trash. Learn English or leave.

Yep i agree with you, my mexican-american friends feel the same as you do, they don't want any part of illegals in this Country, infact they are embarassed by these actions. And yes as you, they feel they should learn English. Why do we have to tailor our lives and our language, because illegals refuse to learn English.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yep i agree with you, my mexican-american friends feel the same as you do, they don't want any part of illegals in this Country, infact they are embarassed by these actions. And yes as you, they feel they should learn English. Why do we have to tailor our lives and our language, because illegals refuse to learn English.
Why do they owe it to you to modify their actions just so that you can avoid the burden of occasionally having to deal with Spanish-speaking people, exactly?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Or how about

I am illegal because I am too lazy to take the legal route to get my citizenship.

You speak of illegals creating competion in the US workforce without acknowledging that the playing field is not level. Illegals can work for less because they don't pay taxes. If they do pay taxes it's because they have stolen someone's identity.

Our immigration system was designed to control the immigrant population to keep workers and jobs on an even keel. When you sneak in because it is too hard to go the legal route it shows your lack of integrety and that you don't have the skills needed in the US. We have enough unskilled people in the US and we don't need to import poverty.

You also have the nerve to say that US citizens should lobby to change the laws in Mexico to make it more favorable for us to move there and work. Not ONCE do you consider that illegals should take responsibility for themselves. For some reason you believe that the rest of the world should cater to the whims of those that want to take the easy way out and to "H" with anyone that won't cater to them and them alone. You have a lot of nerve calling some one else lazy.

Save the truth, for someone who understands it! some will never get it, no matter how smug they seem??????? Or how arrogant. I agree with what you have said, our problem is for those who feel we do not have a problem. Our responsibility is not to cater to the whims of illegals, because they should not be here at all. Breaking the law is wrong.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:02 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,337,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Would you rather be robbed, mugged, raped, murdered, or live in a country where there are a bunch of illegal aliens?

You may notice that one of these is not like the others.
Why should I have to choose? Since you seem to miss the connection they are ALL illegal activities.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Why do they owe it to you to modify their actions just so that you can avoid the burden of occasionally having to deal with Spanish-speaking people, exactly?

First of all are you not understanding something here, my best friends are mexicans. I have no problem with them at all. No body owes me a thing. And i do understand a little Spanish, i have a wee bit of Spanish blood myself.
Further more if illegals are going to break our laws, commit crimes, rape young girls, because they have, be a tax burden to our Government, take jobs as illegals, they should at least learn the language, don't ya think.

Oh cry me a river, i know some Mexicans who have lived in this Country in Arizona for over 20 yrs and do not speak English, give me a break, that is just ignorant to me sorry, that is how i see it.
Infact they don't owe it to Americans to learn our language, they owe it to themselves, break our laws, commit crimes, but what, you cannot learn a wee bit of English, give me a break.

Hai un problema lo non cosa serve a ya!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Why should I have to choose? Since you seem to miss the connection they are ALL illegal activities.
Oh I'm pretty sure I made that connection. I have this crazy, untested theory that not all illegal activities are equally bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.