U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:08 PM

15,181 posts, read 9,462,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Unsurprisingly you picked derogatory words. Let's walk this out for you. People are wearing the 420 T shirts because they believe that smoking marijuana either doesn't harm people or only harms themselves, like alcohol. They wear the shirts to bring the issue to light and to voice their political opinion. The "illegal T shirts" are doing the same. You wouldn't compare a marijuana smoker to a murderer, in the same way an illegal alien isn't comparative to a murderer.

There are other instances of people who believed that various laws and issues should be discussed so they brought it out to light. You wouldn't call a gun owner who wears a pin declaring he wants to have a fully automatic weapon or withdraw 3 day waiting periods "arrogant" you would think they are voicing an opinion to make the matter known.
The difference being, they are voicing their opinion in their country, which is their right. Illegal aliens are here in violation of our laws, and have no right to demand anything from our government. Their defiance is indeed a sign of disrespect and arrogance. If they want to fight for their rights, they should return home. This is NOT their country.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM

1,574 posts, read 187,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I drive a car, so the answer is obvious. However, I am not in this country illegally. Or, have you forgotten we are discussing illegal aliens?
When do you pay gas taxes? I mean, going by your arugments, I don't. THough I do drive a car and buy gas.

This IS relevant to our discussion of illegal aliens. Do you see why?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:24 PM

148 posts, read 13,554 times
Quote:
The difference being, they are voicing their opinion in their country, which is their right. Illegal aliens are here in violation of our laws, and have no right to demand anything from our government. Their defiance is indeed a sign of disrespect and arrogance. If they want to fight for their rights, they should return home. This is NOT their country.
Benicar, you are projecting onto these illegal aliens your own perceptions of them, as discussed in the other thread that you abandoned. You haven't shown where they are showing this arrogance other than your assertion that magically people can't bring up issues unless they are citizens of said country. Come on, citizen or not every person can bring up an issue. You may not like the issue that bring up, but that is hardly "arrogance". Is it arrogance when you start talking about what Mexico should do? Why are you putting demands on them? Why are you so arrogant? See what I did there? It isn't that hard to project arrogance onto someone, you need to show actual examples where someone bringing an issue to light is "arrogance".

Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
When do you pay gas taxes? I mean, going by your arugments, I don't. THough I do drive a car and buy gas.

This IS relevant to our discussion of illegal aliens. Do you see why?
Well, I donít know where you buy your gas, but in every area in which I have purchased gas throughout this country, the taxes are included in the price at the pump. I hope you live in the DC area, and will tell me where I can purchase untaxed gas. The prices must be great.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 PM

1,574 posts, read 187,781 times
Quote:
Well, I donít know where you buy your gas, but in every area in which I have purchased gas throughout this country, the taxes are included in the price at the pump. I hope you live in the DC area, and will tell me where I can purchase untaxed gas. The prices must be great.
Secret:
Spoiler
taxes are included in the rent prices, too.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 PM

3,194 posts, read 1,174,361 times
Quote:
Unsurprisingly you picked derogatory words. Let's walk this out for you. People are wearing the 420 T shirts because they believe that smoking marijuana either doesn't harm people or only harms themselves, like alcohol. They wear the shirts to bring the issue to light and to voice their political opinion. The "illegal T shirts" are doing the same. You wouldn't compare a marijuana smoker to a murderer, in the same way an illegal alien isn't comparative to a murderer.

There are other instances of people who believed that various laws and issues should be discussed so they brought it out to light. You wouldn't call a gun owner who wears a pin declaring he wants to have a fully automatic weapon or withdraw 3 day waiting periods "arrogant" you would think they are voicing an opinion to make the matter known.

Smoking marijuana is a victimless crime, although still illegal.

Illegal immigration makes a victim of every tax paying citizen of this country. That is why it is arrogant to wear this T shirt and blatantly show that you are proud of stealing from tax payers and proclaiming you aren't getting enough of what isn't rightfully yours to begin with. And then top it off by playing the race card and the victim card.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:54 PM

1,839 posts, read 825,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Why do you care? How is this person affecting your life? I can't believe you people are complaining about T-shirts for God's sake.
This is a joke, right ????? I think they all should wear
"ILLEGAL ALIEN" T-shirts. Make it easier for I.C.E.
to round them up for deportation.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Benicar, you are projecting onto these illegal aliens your own perceptions of them, as discussed in the other thread that you abandoned. You haven't shown where they are showing this arrogance other than your assertion that magically people can't bring up issues unless they are citizens of said country. Come on, citizen or not every person can bring up an issue. You may not like the issue that bring up, but that is hardly "arrogance". Is it arrogance when you start talking about what Mexico should do? Why are you putting demands on them? Why are you so arrogant? See what I did there? It isn't that hard to project arrogance onto someone, you need to show actual examples where someone bringing an issue to light is "arrogance".
I think your loyalties have blinded you to reality. If it isnít arrogance, please tell me what it is. How do people enter this country illegally and violate additional laws, yet have the temerity to flaunt their illegal status? They are defiantly telling the citizens of this country, ďI am here illegally, I am not going to leave, and you WILL legalize my status. If you donít like it, tough sh**.Ē

If they were only interested in highlighting their cause, they would show some semblance of humility. I have read the comments by the ingrate DREAMies on their anti-American forum. While they have sanitized their forum due to scrutiny by other groups, their vulgar and racist comments, along with their appalling sense of entitlement, continues to be on display for all to see.

No, I do not like illegal aliens telling the citizens of this country to go F themselves. And, yes, I have read exactly that on their POS forum. Of course, the mods eventually delete most of the incriminating posts, but they canít delete it from my mind. They can all take a flying leap.

Oh, and donít get me started on the racist comments they made in reference to Obama, when he failed to kiss their butts by issuing an Executive Order to halt deportations.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:25 PM

17,079 posts, read 6,820,973 times
Quote:
So someone told you that people speak English but only speak Spanish outside just to tick those Americans off and if the store arrests someone for shoplifting there will be riots outside the store with Mexican flags?

Are you for real, people bit-- and scream about anything these days. Yes someone did, and illegal himself, who is a contractor, and did work for someone i know of, bad as it sounds. The guy was another contractor, how stupid. I learned a lot of things from this guy, because he also told me a lot of the time when they are out, they will only speak spanish. He told me also, that they like to here what others say about them, and by not speaking english, they can and do play dumb. He also told me that he is going to try and make as much money as he can in this Country illegally, and send the money he makes back home to his Parents in Mexico. I had a lot of not so nice questions for him, and he did not mind answering them for me, yes he spoke english enough for me to understand him. You should know the smart person you are, that if a store arrests too many illegals, yes there will probably be rioting by Mexicans, who feel the race card is being played, i know your smart enough to know this. He also told me, with how easy it is to get across our borders, be looking for more to come, hope your happy about that? And he did not flinch while telling me this, he says more illegals will be coming to this Country, as long as we let them in. He also lived in a rental home, now here is the deal, the renters are legal, those who have a sign rental agreement. But 13 other people also lived in this home, ARE illegals. I smell money. Thirteen people in a house is so not right.

I asked him why if they want to live a better life and come to the US why they don't do it legally, and you know what he said back to me, because they can!

i did say something about this, if something was done or not i do not know, but i think the person who had the rental agreement, was working some shady deals. If i can do something about this, you bet my Italian --- i will.

Se so che qualcosa non e' giusto, faro qualcosa a riguardo?

Last edited by california-jewel; 07-11-2011 at 12:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration