U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:58 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I care, because it exemplifies the sheer arrogance of illegal aliens. They are here illegally, so the very least they should do is show enough respect not to flaunt their illegal status. Obviously, you are okay with their insolence, which is certainly your prerogative. I suppose next, they’ll wear an FU shirt, because that is precisely the message they convey.

There is our problem right here right now in balck n white. Those who think we simply do not have a problem, or think those illegals who are here, should get a free pass, do you know how stupid this sounds. I agree with you Benicar, as always, unfortunately most of us are not on the same page, and that is part of our problem. It is not about the freaking t-shirts, it is about that and them throwing into our faces that they are here, and what they demand from us. Try pulling this crap in Mexico being an Amemrican, tell me what happens to ya!

Old 07-07-2011, 06:00 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdreger View Post
First, we have to fight the bad ones as best we can. If one does get passed we need to get it overturned the right way through the justice system. I know it takes a long time, but that is who we are we don't get to choose which ones fit and don't. So, would I be in favor of enforcement, NO, but legally it must be. For those who create these really bad laws they are the ones we must go after with our voting powers and elect common sense people. Hope that answers your question.
What do you consider to be a “bad” immigration law?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:03 PM

148 posts, read 66,655 times
Quote:
Thank you! That is exactly my point. It takes a heck of a lot of nerve to live in a country illegally, yet advertise their illegal status. It is the height of disrespect.
They are doing it to high light their issues, not to hurt Benicar's delicate ego.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:06 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
They are doing it to high light their issues, not to hurt Benicar's delicate ego.
There issues? The illegal aliens can LEAVE the USA.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
There issues? The illegal aliens can LEAVE the USA.
Well the issue of their deportation one of the issues they want to highlight.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Clearly, you lack maturity and civility. If you want to comment on the topic, then do so. However, I am not the topic of this thread, nor is my ego.

Advertising one’s flagrant disregard for our laws will not win support for the DREAM Act. If they were only interested in highlighting their so-called cause, they should have chosen a more respectful strategy. They would be wise to at least feign appreciation for the generous opportunities provided by the citizens of this country.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Clearly, you lack maturity and civility. If you want to comment on the topic, then do so. However, I am not the topic of this thread, nor is my ego.
Benicar, when you talk about their arrogance you are assuming various motives for this thing of which the people haven't claimed to have nor shown in the sense of saying it. There may be alternative motives for doing this, which might not involve flaunting their arrogance in front of you of which the implication is some harm to you. In other words, not to hurt your delicate ego.

Quote:
Advertising one’s flagrant disregard for our laws will not win support for the DREAM Act.
Frankly, they aren't talking to you. You wouldn't change your mind no matter what so they aren't bothering to worry about you. They are reaching out to other people who might be slightly more malleable about one's "flagrant disregard for our laws" . By coming out they are placing a personalizing the issue and that other people who might not have known or placed a face to illegal immigrants will be able to see. This will allow people to recognize that illegal immigrants are people who aren't arrogant or malevolent but normal human beings wishing to have a better life. That might make people change their minds on the current immigration laws.

Quote:
If they were only interested in highlighting their so-called cause, they should have chosen a more respectful strategy. They would be wise to at least feign appreciation for the generous opportunities provided by the citizens of this country.
I agree putting something like " and I want to be a citizen" or " Thank you for the opportunity to work and live here, can I take the next step" would be more persuasive. Sometimes putting a face to a label as well as an opportunity to speak about it, might be enough.

Last edited by VerticalReasoning; 07-07-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 07-07-2011, 08:26 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:
Well the issue of their deportation one of the issues they want to highlight.

And there would be no discussion or disagreeing with each other, if these people did not come here illegally over our borders, would there?
Deportation would not even be a topic.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 PM

777 posts, read 923,475 times
Quote:
Benicar, when you talk about their arrogance you are assuming various motives for this thing of which the people haven't claimed to have nor shown in the sense of saying it. There may be alternative motives for doing this, which might not involve flaunting their arrogance in front of you of which the implication is some harm to you. In other words, not to hurt your delicate ego.

Frankly, they aren't talking to you. You wouldn't change your mind no matter what so they aren't bothering to worry about you. They are reaching out to other people who might be slightly more malleable about one's "flagrant disregard for our laws" . By coming out they are placing a personalizing the issue and that other people who might not have known or placed a face to illegal immigrants will be able to see. This will allow people to recognize that illegal immigrants are people who aren't arrogant or malevolent but normal human beings wishing to have a better life. That might make people change their minds on the current immigration laws.

I agree putting something like " and I want to be a citizen" or " Thank you for the opportunity to work and live here, can I take the next step" would be more persuasive. Sometimes putting a face to a label as well as an opportunity to speak about it, might be enough.
Oh I don't think Benicar has it so wrong...
it was "Dreamactivists" that were protesting SB1070 when the American Flag was flown upside down and topped by the Mexican Flag. It was "Dreamactivists" that skipped school to protest SB1070 in Phoenix. It was "Dreamactivists" that came out (on tv) during the SB1070 protests leading to the arrest and deportation of illegal food service workers in Phoenix.
So now these same kids want the "malleable" to believe that they truely are appreciative and deserve to stay??? I don't think so...someone once said....Don't listen to a thing that is said but watch everything they do... and in this case it don't jive.
I have to ask...how do you know all this..on what authority do you speak??? How is it that you can speak for these kids and know what they mean??? Hmmm.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And there would be no discussion or disagreeing with each other, if these people did not come here illegally over our borders, would there?
Deportation would not even be a topic.
Good point, yet another reason legal immigration should be made much, much easier!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration