U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,246,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Correction: “I am relying on theft, lies, and deception to underbid and displace U.S. workers, and all I got TODAY is this lousy T-shirt from my ill-gotten gains”
LOL, the font will have to be very small though.

"Hire Me Today,
11% Unemployment Tomorrow"

Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,590,108 times
Yes, I agree with you all, let's see them wear some t-shirts that "highlight" the OTHER things. LOL

"My child is increasing the child-to-teacher ratio in your child's classroom."

Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
"I do work in exchange for money."

OMG can you imagine the looks on those pro-illegals' stupid faces/

Old 07-08-2011, 01:06 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,246,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
"I do work in exchange for money."

OMG can you imagine the looks on those pro-illegals' stupid faces/
So much for some lightheartedness....

Old 07-08-2011, 07:31 PM

148 posts, read 66,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
In my humble opinion, I think you are being naive. There is a lot of naivety going around on the side of people who try to justify what illegal immigrants and pro-illegal immigrant groups do.
While I don't doubt your concern for me, prounouncing naitivty and then not explaining what you mean doesn't help me. In which ways am I being naive? It isn't a sense of trying to justify anything. Feel free to explain what you mean.

Quote:
On another note, I think that Benicar is a grown man or woman, I doubt that he or she is focused on the fact that their "delicate ego" has been hurt.
And yet we see that she consistently thinks that illegal aliens by virtue of working are sticking their thumbs in some kind of collective citizen's eye, somehow thinking that they are somehow above the law, and implicitly claiming some kind of hurt feelings by assigning outlandish motives to millions. In a sense, yes hysterics and assigning nefarious motives to large groups of people equates to a hurt ego in which shadowy inhuman people are harming the good graces of her conscious. The selective outrage is predictable, boring, and offensive.

Quote:
The point, once again, is that the rebel attitude of illegal immigrants like those in the article shows that they continue to make demands of us and our legislators. Demands that are out-of-place and essentially ask our government to give them what they want and ask us (the citizens and legal residents) to just accept that.
Again you fall into the same trap as Benicar. I am more than willing to admit that some illegal aliens believe that it is their right to get welfare, etc. from the US system, but I think any look at the situation shows this isn't so. Most people want to work honestly if given the chance and just eek out a living. Hardly the "rebel attitude" and "out of place demands" ( as opposed to appropriate demands???) you assign to them. Are you willing to admit that a large percentage of illegal immigrants have the desire to work honestly and have a nice honest living if not a better one? Does this imply some haughtiness or arrogance on their part?

This silliness is boring really and detracts from the economic reality that faces America that requires an honest exploration of reasons why people migrate and why more or less people immigrate legally and illegally.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

There is our problem right here right now in balck n white. Those who think we simply do not have a problem, or think those illegals who are here, should get a free pass, do you know how stupid this sounds. I agree with you Benicar, as always, unfortunately most of us are not on the same page, and that is part of our problem. It is not about the freaking t-shirts, it is about that and them throwing into our faces that they are here, and what they demand from us. Try pulling this crap in Mexico being an Amemrican, tell me what happens to ya!
Awww are your feelings hurt? All those illegals waking up every day thinking I'm rubbing this day into California jewel's face. Do you really think that is what millions of people think every day? Must feel terrible, like a knife though your heart. If you think Mexico won't allow this to Americans I would suggest lobbying Congress to put pressure on Mexico in allow better emigration from the US into Mexico. The US has a large range of skills that would be immensely beneficial to Mexico and Mexicans.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
They need some more accurate t-shirts, like:

"I Lived Off Taxpayers"

"I Steal SSNs"

"I Cost You 100 Billion"
Quote:
lol or:

"I Broke The Law and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt"
Quote:
Correction: “I am relying on theft, lies, and deception to underbid and displace U.S. workers, and all I got TODAY is this lousy T-shirt from my ill-gotten gains”
Quote:
LOL, the font will have to be very small though.

"Hire Me Today,
11% Unemployment Tomorrow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yes, I agree with you all, let's see them wear some t-shirts that "highlight" the OTHER things. LOL

"My child is increasing the child-to-teacher ratio in your child's classroom."
Quote:
So much for some lightheartedness....
And yet if an illegal alien wore a shirt saying "Cindy Jole is a lazy American who can't compete with me so she demands the nanny state to take care of her", that becomes the arrogance and insolence of the illegal aliens.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
The absolute truth!

I have witnessed their insolence, and they don’t know the meaning of humility or gratitude. These ingrates believe we “owe” them legalization, and they are now brazenly telling us all to kiss their butts.
Who is this they you speak of? Really you talked to millions of people and divined their motives? Or is this an example of you projecting onto other people in order to demonize them?

Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 PM

5,936 posts, read 6,375,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Anybody who looks hispanic is already deemed as a possible illegal so what is the point? I have really met people who think that all hispanic people you see working in landscaping are illegal immigrants. I do not really care about illegal immigration, I believe we should all just give the one's already here US citizenship. And I have seen way more offensive t-shirts then one stating that a person is an immigrant.
You forgot the keyword: ILLEGAL.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:54 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,387,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
And yet if an illegal alien wore a shirt saying "Cindy Jole is a lazy American who can't compete with me so she demands the nanny state to take care of her", that becomes the arrogance and insolence of the illegal aliens.

Or how about

I am illegal because I am too lazy to take the legal route to get my citizenship.

You speak of illegals creating competion in the US workforce without acknowledging that the playing field is not level. Illegals can work for less because they don't pay taxes. If they do pay taxes it's because they have stolen someone's identity.

Our immigration system was designed to control the immigrant population to keep workers and jobs on an even keel. When you sneak in because it is too hard to go the legal route it shows your lack of integrety and that you don't have the skills needed in the US. We have enough unskilled people in the US and we don't need to import poverty.

You also have the nerve to say that US citizens should lobby to change the laws in Mexico to make it more favorable for us to move there and work. Not ONCE do you consider that illegals should take responsibility for themselves. For some reason you believe that the rest of the world should cater to the whims of those that want to take the easy way out and to "H" with anyone that won't cater to them and them alone. You have a lot of nerve calling some one else lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration