Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 09:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,505,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
I didn't know property taxes when off of how many occupants where in a house.
If you can’t comprehend the disparity between a couple living in a 2-bedroom apartment, or a family of four living in a single-family home paying the same amount of property taxes as 20 people living under one roof, I certainly can’t help you.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:26 PM

148 posts, read 85,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
No they are not paying property taxes, they are paying rent.

A landlord would have to pay those taxes whether the dwelling was occupied or not.
That is why I said indirectly they pay taxes when they pay rent and they pay directly if they own a house. Being homeless is about the only way out of paying some form, directly or indirectly, or property taxes because your own someone's property who is paying taxes.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If you can’t comprehend the disparity between a couple living in a 2-bedroom apartment, or a family of four living in a single-family home paying the same amount of property taxes as 20 people living under one roof, I certainly can’t help you.
And yet the State doesn't care, because it doesn't calculate how many occupants are in the house, only how much the property is worth. Do you think bunk bedders should pay a premium for saving space? If one person only uses half a property should he pay half the taxes? If two people live on the same property should they pay double the taxes? What is your opinion on apartments? I mean 30 story buildings on an acre lot, how much are those people evading on their taxes?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
That is why I said indirectly they pay taxes when they pay rent and they pay directly if they own a house. Being homeless is about the only way out of paying some form, directly or indirectly, or property taxes because your own someone's property who is paying taxes.
Directly or indirectly, they are NOT paying their share.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
And yet the State doesn't care, because it doesn't calculate how many occupants are in the house, only how much the property is worth. Do you think bunk bedders should pay a premium for saving space? If one person only uses half a property should he pay half the taxes? If two people live on the same property should they pay double the taxes?
No, I think people should live in accordance with housing codes, which illegals do not. But, then, what’s new? They don’t obey ANY of our laws.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Directly or indirectly, they are NOT paying their share.
Really? How so?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
No, I think people should live in accordance with housing codes, which illegals do not. But, then, what’s new? They don’t obey ANY of our laws.
Housing code violation now? Please do tell, how did you come up with this? Have you checked the housing codes in every place that an illegal lives?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Really? How so?
How on earth can illegals pay their fair share when many are working off the books, paying ZERO taxes? Furthermore, most illegals have children attending our public schools, at an annual cost per student ranging $7,000-$20,000. In addition, they are receiving WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps, pre/post-natal care, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, police, fire, EMS, trash collection, the list goes on. . . . You MUST be kidding.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:40 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,858,041 times
Quote:

They are not indirectly paying the taxes because the taxes would be paid whether they lived there or not. They are paying for the right to live there, the taxes are not their responsibility. If the landlord chooses not to pay the taxes it is on him, not who ever rents the house. The landlord can do whatever he wants with rent money. If he were to buy drugs with that money would the tenent be indirectly responsible for that?

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 07-09-2011 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: change

Old 07-09-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Housing code violation now? Please do tell, how did you come up with this? Have you checked the housing codes in every place that an illegal lives?
If you know of a jurisdiction allowing 15-20 people to occupy a 2-bedroom apartment, please post a link. I don’t know of any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration