Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:32 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Benicar, when you talk about their arrogance you are assuming various motives for this thing of which the people haven't claimed to have nor shown in the sense of saying it. There may be alternative motives for doing this, which might not involve flaunting their arrogance in front of you of which the implication is some harm to you. In other words, not to hurt your delicate ego.

Frankly, they aren't talking to you. You wouldn't change your mind no matter what so they aren't bothering to worry about you. They are reaching out to other people who might be slightly more malleable about one's "flagrant disregard for our laws" . By coming out they are placing a personalizing the issue and that other people who might not have known or placed a face to illegal immigrants will be able to see. This will allow people to recognize that illegal immigrants are people who aren't arrogant or malevolent but normal human beings wishing to have a better life. That might make people change their minds on the current immigration laws.

I agree putting something like " and I want to be a citizen" or " Thank you for the opportunity to work and live here, can I take the next step" would be more persuasive. Sometimes putting a face to a label as well as an opportunity to speak about it, might be enough.
In my humble opinion, I think you are being naive. There is a lot of naivety going around on the side of people who try to justify what illegal immigrants and pro-illegal immigrant groups do.

On another note, I think that Benicar is a grown man or woman, I doubt that he or she is focused on the fact that their "delicate ego" has been hurt. The point, once again, is that the rebel attitude of illegal immigrants like those in the article shows that they continue to make demands of us and our legislators. Demands that are out-of-place and essentially ask our government to give them what they want and ask us (the citizens and legal residents) to just accept that.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
They need some more accurate t-shirts, like:

"I Lived Off Taxpayers"

"I Steal SSNs"

"I Cost You 100 Billion"

Old 07-08-2011, 11:46 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,939 times
"I cannot understand this T-shirt because I have not assimilated lol"

Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Oh I don't think Benicar has it so wrong...
it was "Dreamactivists" that were protesting SB1070 when the American Flag was flown upside down and topped by the Mexican Flag. It was "Dreamactivists" that skipped school to protest SB1070 in Phoenix. It was "Dreamactivists" that came out (on tv) during the SB1070 protests leading to the arrest and deportation of illegal food service workers in Phoenix.
So now these same kids want the "malleable" to believe that they truely are appreciative and deserve to stay??? I don't think so...someone once said....Don't listen to a thing that is said but watch everything they do... and in this case it don't jive.
I have to ask...how do you know all this..on what authority do you speak??? How is it that you can speak for these kids and know what they mean??? Hmmm.
The absolute truth!

I have witnessed their insolence, and they don’t know the meaning of humility or gratitude. These ingrates believe we “owe” them legalization, and they are now brazenly telling us all to kiss their butts.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:49 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
"I cannot understand this T-shirt because I have not assimilated lol"
lol or:

"I Broke The Law and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt"

Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
In my humble opinion, I think you are being naive. There is a lot of naivety going around on the side of people who try to justify what illegal immigrants and pro-illegal immigrant groups do.

On another note, I think that Benicar is a grown man or woman, I doubt that he or she is focused on the fact that their "delicate ego" has been hurt. The point, once again, is that the rebel attitude of illegal immigrants like those in the article shows that they continue to make demands of us and our legislators. Demands that are out-of-place and essentially ask our government to give them what they want and ask us (the citizens and legal residents) to just accept that.
Yes, I am a grown woman. And, you are absolutely right in your assessment of this situation.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:51 AM

"I am out-competing American workers and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

Old 07-08-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
lol or:

"I Broke The Law and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt"
Priceless! Sorry, I can’t rep you again.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
"I am out-competing American workers and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"
Correction: “I am relying on theft, lies, and deception to underbid and displace U.S. workers, and all I got TODAY is this lousy T-shirt from my ill-gotten gains”

Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 AM

"Also free welfare lol, Viva Mexico!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration