Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 05:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,509,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
That is essentially dead on with the current topic. You're claiming that many illegal immigrants are squatters. You provided no data, but regardless this is an issue that would apply to any homeless person who has a child in school.
No, the topic of this thread is “I Am Undocumented” T-shirts.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:08 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,207,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, the topic of this thread is “I Am Undocumented” T-shirts.
But hasn't been for quite some time. I mean, sure, we're off topic, but we're hopelessly off topic. Embrace it.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:11 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,858,701 times
Quote:
But hasn't been for quite some time. I mean, sure, we're off topic, but we're hopelessly off topic. Embrace it.

Maybe you could start a new thread stating that illegals pay gas taxes so we should embrace them.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
You are free to embrace it. However, I try my best to adhere to TOS. Yes, this thread is hopelessly off-topic, and I have no doubt Yac will close it pronto. But, I will not continue further with this off-topic discussion. Furthermore, hasn’t it already run its course?

Old 07-10-2011, 05:29 PM

34 posts, read 21,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I refuse to engage in further discussions of this nonsense. If you have no comments on the actual topic of this thread, move along.
People responding to posts of yours asking to clarify your positions is nonsense?

Old 07-10-2011, 06:45 PM

827 posts, read 1,667,176 times
Wearing a T shirt that says they are undocumented [In other words ILLEGAL!!] is about like having folks wear T shirts saying I'm a rapist,murderer,thief,drug,gun dealer or whatever. Basically says they are proud of it and are gloating over the fact they have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

With the economy in the bucket, jobs going by the wayside. We cannot afford anymore in this country!! BUT it is NOT illegal immigration anymore! What we have going on is an invasion yup, an invasion of not only folks who are looking for a better life but terrorists, gangs, and other criminals. A lot of the illegals are now the criminal element sent here because the other countries no longer want them [ we just send them to Uncle Sucker, HE'LL take care of them when they screw up!]

Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM

951 posts, read 742,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Wearing a T shirt that says they are undocumented [In other words ILLEGAL!!] is about like having folks wear T shirts saying I'm a rapist,murderer,thief,drug,gun dealer or whatever. Basically says they are proud of it and are gloating over the fact they have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

With the economy in the bucket, jobs going by the wayside. We cannot afford anymore in this country!! BUT it is NOT illegal immigration anymore! What we have going on is an invasion yup, an invasion of not only folks who are looking for a better life but terrorists, gangs, and other criminals. A lot of the illegals are now the criminal element sent here because the other countries no longer want them [ we just send them to Uncle Sucker, HE'LL take care of them when they screw up!]
I'd say it's like people wearing 420, and other pro marijuana clothing if anything. Comparing them to rapists, murderers and drug cartel members is lolbad.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post

You’re right. Most criminals do not flaunt their status. After all, most decent people would be too embarrassed to actually admit they lead a life of lawlessness.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:21 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,490,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I'd say it's like people wearing 420, and other pro marijuana clothing if anything. Comparing them to rapists, murderers and drug cartel members is lolbad.
But you want to compare them with pot heads and drug addicts!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:27 PM

148 posts, read 85,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But you want to compare them with pot heads and drug addicts!
Unsurprisingly you picked derogatory words. Let's walk this out for you. People are wearing the 420 T shirts because they believe that smoking marijuana either doesn't harm people or only harms themselves, like alcohol. They wear the shirts to bring the issue to light and to voice their political opinion. The "illegal T shirts" are doing the same. You wouldn't compare a marijuana smoker to a murderer, in the same way an illegal alien isn't comparative to a murderer.

There are other instances of people who believed that various laws and issues should be discussed so they brought it out to light. You wouldn't call a gun owner who wears a pin declaring he wants to have a fully automatic weapon or withdraw 3 day waiting periods "arrogant" you would think they are voicing an opinion to make the matter known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration