U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:03 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
If something belongs to me and you take it. You are stealing.
Thanks for the breakdown dude.

The whole point is that it doesn't belong to anyone. It's a job vacancy. No one has any legal right to these job vacancies.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM

148 posts, read 66,706 times
What inherent aspects of a job ( or job vacancy) makes it American vs Chinese vs South Sudanese?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:50 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,469,841 times
Why bother, he probably drives without a license. I am sure he can practice law without one....after all, he is here illegally, so why bother to follow any rules...

Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Thanks for the breakdown dude.

The whole point is that it doesn't belong to anyone. It's a job vacancy. No one has any legal right to these job vacancies.
The breakdown is obvious. Don't you see it?

You want to hire a secretary. Then you change your mind and don't. NOT stealing a job.
You want to hire a secretary. You hire Susie. She sucks. You fire her and hire someone name Steve instead. STEALING FROM SUSIE.
You want to hire a secretary. You hire Susie. She sucks. You fire her and hire someone named Maria Sanchez instead. STEALING FROM SUSIE.
You want to hire a tech support person. You hire Mike. He sucks. You fire him and get Paul. STEALING FROM MIKE.
You want to hire a tech support person. You hire Mike. He sucks. You hire a guy in India to work the phones for you. He's much better and cheaper. STEALING FROM MIKE.
You want to start building things. You call up a company in China and they start building them for you. STEALING JOBS

Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,838 times
If anyone is stealing anything it's the guy who wants to restrict who I am allowed to conduct business with.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:22 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
If anyone is stealing anything it's the guy who wants to restrict who I am allowed to conduct business with.
Yes, we do have restrictions on illicit business practices, and rightly so.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:29 PM

254 posts, read 520,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlowPony View Post
The breakdown is obvious. Don't you see it?

You want to hire a secretary. Then you change your mind and don't. NOT stealing a job.
You want to hire a secretary. You hire Susie. She sucks. You fire her and hire someone name Steve instead. STEALING FROM SUSIE.
You want to hire a secretary. You hire Susie. She sucks. You fire her and hire someone named Maria Sanchez instead. STEALING FROM SUSIE.
You want to hire a tech support person. You hire Mike. He sucks. You fire him and get Paul. STEALING FROM MIKE.
You want to hire a tech support person. You hire Mike. He sucks. You hire a guy in India to work the phones for you. He's much better and cheaper. STEALING FROM MIKE.
You want to start building things. You call up a company in China and they start building them for you. STEALING JOBS
Even in your absurd definition of stealing you did not make sense with your last statement...

Old 07-12-2011, 05:06 PM

199 posts, read 128,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
We let in a million people a year. That's a lot of easy options.

Nor it is ethical or practical to reward them for the crimes of their parents. You don't get to keep money your parents stole.

His parents are Mexicans. He probably speaks Spanish. Those sound like fairly strong ties to most people. He and his parents should all be charged with multiple crimes, serve out their sentences and go home where they belong.

What if you want to hire an eight year old? Ask the secretary to work with toxic waste without protection? Ask him or her to work seventeen hours a day without a break?

If you are hiring someone in America you are inherently bound by American employment laws. These laws also govern who can be legally hired and who cannot. You can't just import someone to do the job merely because you feel like it.

I am disgusted to see that an allegedly future lawyer has no regard at all for American laws. Why do you want to practice here since you clearly do not believe in our legal system?
You want to put the kid in jail becuase his parents brought him over here? You are a despicable human being.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:34 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, we do have restrictions on illicit business practices, and rightly so.
Such as? I mean, you're assuming a lot of conclusions here. The fact that we have a restriction isn't enough in and of itself to show that the restriction is "right".

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
Such as? I mean, you're assuming a lot of conclusions here. The fact that we have a restriction isn't enough in and of itself to show that the restriction is "right".
I am not aware of any laws that dictate who you may or may not conduct business with, as long as itís lawful. If your business practices are legal and ethical, then what specifically is being restricted?

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or