U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:32 PM

148 posts, read 66,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There’s a huge difference between a person who has broken “a” law, and one who consistently breaks laws. I don’t know too many people who have not received a parking ticket or a speeding ticket at least once during their lifetime. But, to compare them to people whose ENTIRE existence relies on the daily violation of laws is beyond absurd.

Every aspect of illegal immigration is a violation of our laws -- from their illegal presence to their illegal employment, including ID theft and fraud. Illegal aliens lead lifestyles based on lawlessness. Most of us don’t.
Sounds like instead of "it's illegal" you're saying "it's really illegal"

Old 07-09-2011, 08:13 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Sounds like instead of "it's illegal" you're saying "it's really illegal"
Do you not understand the difference between a career criminal, and a person who receives one speeding ticket during 30 years of driving? If not, further discussion is futile.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:22 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Quote:
There’s a huge difference between a person who has broken “a” law, and one who consistently breaks laws. I don’t know too many people who have not received a parking ticket or a speeding ticket at least once during their lifetime. But, to compare them to people whose ENTIRE existence relies on the daily violation of laws is beyond absurd.

Every aspect of illegal immigration is a violation of our laws -- from their illegal presence to their illegal employment, including ID theft and fraud. Illegal aliens lead lifestyles based on lawlessness. Most of us don’t.
Uh, except that half of those are status offenses based on the commission of the initial offense, and the rest are offenses they clearly would not commit if they were allowed to be legal. This isn't exactly what most people are picturing when they imagine a life of crime.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:24 PM

951 posts, read 616,515 times
Quote:

Yet if they were given more easy options to enter legally, these "career criminals" would all of a sudden just be normal working legal immigrants.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:07 AM

12,840 posts, read 23,194,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And why not?

Seriously why do the illegals have zero curiousity about their own homeland?

Many Americans do and have studied in Mexico (I myself have), there is absolutely no good reason a Mexican citizen finds that so abhorrent.
Probably because it's not his homeland if he was brought here at 17 months.

Quote:
But no way should he feel like he is entitled to something for having broken the laws, no way should he be given preference over those who always respected the laws of this country and have waited patiently.
So we should start charging 17 month olds when they break the law?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:09 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
There's 8 year olds across the country being fined for running unlicensed lemonade stands. So I guess that answers your question

Old 07-10-2011, 10:15 AM

12,840 posts, read 23,194,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There's 8 year olds across the country being fined for running unlicensed lemonade stands. So I guess that answers your question
Hmmm, you curiously changed the age from 5 to 8....

Anyway, no court in the country is going to charge a 17 month old for committing any crime, especially when he had done so not by his own accord. The guy we're talking about in this thread could probably tell you that.

As for the lemonade stands, usually operating a lemonade stand doesn't get you deported from the country, maybe a fine at worst that the kid's parents would have to pay...and more than likely it was the parents that allowed the lemonade stand, and provided all the ingredients (and probably suggested it) in the first place.

Lemonade stand laws are usually enforced by counties, and when they were enacted, they did not delineate age.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:14 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Probably because it's not his homeland if he was brought here at 17 months.

No but now that he's 18, he's an adult and certainly capable of making his own decisions regarding breaking the laws.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:44 PM

199 posts, read 128,488 times
Quote:
No but now that he's 18, he's an adult and certainly capable of making his own decisions regarding breaking the laws.
So he should move to a completely unfamiliar country just for something he had no control or awareness of?

Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
So he should move to a completely unfamiliar country just for something he had no control or awareness of?
Hey - I did! And I didn't even grow up with illegal parents who came from there and taught me the language and culture. Many Americans have gone to universities in Mexico and other Spanish speaking nations and didn't have parents from those countries or relatives living there.

It simply amazes me that that these people whine and cry so much and have no curiousity whatsoever of their own homeland.

How do they know it's completely unfamiliar of a country? It's really not. Go there once and you'll see what I mean. You can even find McDonalds, Walmarts, malls, and all sorts of things just like we have here. I actually much preferred staying away from the stuff I was already familiar with and enjoyed seeing the archeological sites, museums, the Ballet Folklorico in the famous Bellas Artes and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or