U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:14 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Well no, he isn't being rewarded for breaking the law.

This guy was brought to the US against his will. He has no more ties to Mexico than someone native born does to the foreign homeland of their parents.
He's a citizen of his country, it's language is his mother tongue, his first language. He has every kind of tie to Mexico - and if he murdered someone here, his government will jump to protect him, provide him lawyers. That's a pretty close tie.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:21 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He's a citizen of his country, it's language is his mother tongue, his first language. He has every kind of tie to Mexico - and if he murdered someone here, his government will jump to protect him, provide him lawyers. That's a pretty close tie.
Well no, they probably wouldn't. But these are all loose ties when you realize that he's never in his memory lived there but has established himself as a functional member of American society.

If you were revealed to have been born in Denmark, would you be fine with just shipping out, assuming you were solid at speaking Danish?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:24 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Well no, they probably wouldn't. But these are all loose ties when you realize that he's never in his memory lived there but has established himself as a functional member of American society.

If you were revealed to have been born in Denmark, would you be fine with just shipping out, assuming you were solid at speaking Danish?
Yes, even if I wasn't great at the language. Why not? Why wouldn't I want to go learn something of my country, experience it first hand before I made a decision I would despise living there?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:28 PM

148 posts, read 66,768 times
Keep in mind you won't be able to come back for 10 years.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:30 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Quote:
Yes, even if I wasn't great at the language. Why not? Why wouldn't I want to go learn something of my country, experience it first hand before I made a decision I would despise living there?
Because the decision as to whether or not you're going to live there has already been made for you. You have consistently referred to deportation as a sort of vacation, and now I'm unsure that you even know there's a difference.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:37 PM

12,845 posts, read 23,281,530 times
There's some twisted logic itt.

So basically what y'all are saying is that if he were an anchor baby everything would be fine and dandy.

Quote:
he probably knows a little English,
*Probably speaks it flawlessly.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:39 PM

951 posts, read 617,513 times
Well you are forgetting they are all about upholding the law, except when those activist judges misinterpret important things like the 14th Amendment. They can interpret it better than those guys. By better, I mean interpret it to suit their wishes.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:29 PM

199 posts, read 128,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I guess that what his parents did.

If my Husband robbed a bank and was caught I wouldn't get to keep the money to support my family while he was in prison. But in the US it really should be that way shouldn't it. I mean he only robbed the bank to feed the kids so geez we should at least get to keep the money. It's not like that money belonged to anyone...it was just sitting in the bank. I want that money so I should have it.
His parent's came here against their will? What did the kid steal if he is trying to contribute by being a lawyer?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 AM

12,845 posts, read 23,281,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
What did the kid steal if he is trying to contribute by being a lawyer?
It's not who he is that matters to these people.

It's where the guy happened to be born and how he was brought here. Whether or not he did anything wrong (apparently not going to the border as soon as he's able is doing something wrong too, for some) is beside the point.

There's a reason they don't want him (and others like him) here, and where he was born and how he was brought here is enough to justify that reason (by their reasoning).

Old 07-12-2011, 06:53 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,113,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
His parent's came here against their will? What did the kid steal if he is trying to contribute by being a lawyer?
His parents should not have been here and he should not have been here.

So they are stealing some American job, or stealing from the tax payer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or