U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2011, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
1,695 posts, read 1,507,886 times
Reputation: 3289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Check out my very own alias if you'd like. In many cases I consider animals better than people.

Especially when people should know how babies come to be and cannot figure out abstenence, birth control, sterilization or whatever to avoid given birth if they cannot come up with food or the basic necessities.

At least rabbits breeding out of control have a good excuse. Illegals using starving children as an excuse to break our laws and come here to give birth on the taxpayer dime have no excuse.
Exactly. Don't act like an animal if you don't want people comparing you to one. Again. People dehumanize themselves.

 
Old 07-09-2011, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
1,695 posts, read 1,507,886 times
Reputation: 3289
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
+1
Yeh. I call 'em as I see 'em. May not be PC but that's just too damn bad.
 
Old 07-09-2011, 05:32 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Exactly. Don't act like an animal if you don't want people comparing you to one. Again. People dehumanize themselves.
lol yeah seriously, right?!

I mean, like just how I sit outside the grocery store and call customers vultures. After all, they are hovering over dead animal carcasses, looking for food. JUST LIKE VULTURES THEREFORE THEY HAVE ONLY THEMSELVES TO BLAME FOR THIS INSULT.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
 
34 posts, read 17,263 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As for that nonsensical 75% myth, I would certainly like to know how a determination can be made on the tax contributions of a phantom population. If the government doesn’t know who they are, where they live, or the names of their employers, how on earth can anyone with reasonable intelligence actually believe they know the percentage of illegals paying taxes? It is simply pro-amnesty propaganda, and few are buying it.
The SS office knows how many payroll taxes get paid on fake or duplicate SS numbers. There are a ton of estimates on how many illegals are in the country. Now that you have a numerator and a denominator, the math to get a % estimate isn't that hard. I would certainly buy that methodology over your folksy anecdotal hand wringing. If you have proof that their numbers or methodology are wrong, then come up with a better one and show your work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Furthermore, given their low wages, it is impossible for them to cover the costs ($7,000-$20,000 annually) for even one of their numerous children attending our schools, which is a major factor in the budget deficit most school districts are now experiencing.
And schools are paid for by property taxes which everyone living somewhere pays directly or indirectly. Does this really have to be repeated in every thread?
 
Old 07-10-2011, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitNSnooze2 View Post
The SS office knows how many payroll taxes get paid on fake or duplicate SS numbers. There are a ton of estimates on how many illegals are in the country. Now that you have a numerator and a denominator, the math to get a % estimate isn't that hard. I would certainly buy that methodology over your folksy anecdotal hand wringing. If you have proof that their numbers or methodology are wrong, then come up with a better one and show your work.
Sorry, but a number an illegal may think is fake, may actually be a number assigned to a real person. As for duplicate numbers, if, as you claim, they know they are being used by illegal aliens, the SSA is in violation of federal law if they do not investigate and prosecute. In any case, the government has as much knowledge of the percentage of illegals paying taxes as the mythical man in the moon. But, it sure beats admitting they donít have a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitNSnooze2 View Post
And schools are paid for by property taxes which everyone living somewhere pays directly or indirectly. Does this really have to be repeated in every thread?
I will repeat it as much as necessary. Illegal aliens are NOT paying enough taxes to cover the astronomical costs incurred by taxpayers for the benefits and services they receive. Like it or not, they donít. How could they, given their wages and high birthrate?
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:55 PM
 
34 posts, read 17,263 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but a number an illegal may think is fake, may actually be a number assigned to a real person. As for duplicate numbers, if, as you claim, they know they are being used by illegal aliens, the SSA is in violation of federal law if they do not investigate and prosecute.
The IRS investigates and prosecutes tax fraud all the time. I'm not sure how you've missed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In any case, the government has as much knowledge of the percentage of illegals paying taxes as the mythical man in the moon. But, it sure beats admitting they donít have a clue.
So your convincing argument against stats, facts, studies, and figures is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and singing "nah-nah-nah-I can't hear you"? There are people who are paid to come up with these numbers. These numbers may not be 100% accurate, but they are very likely somewhere within the margin of error. If you have evidence to the contrary then please show your work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I will repeat it as much as necessary. Illegal aliens are NOT paying enough taxes to cover the astronomical costs incurred by taxpayers for the benefits and services they receive. Like it or not, they donít. How could they, given their wages and high birthrate?
A) most benefits and services are closed to immigrants. If there are loopholes, they should be fixed.
B) are you also concerned about all the other poor wage earners in this country receiving an unfair amount of benefits and services?
C) what is the ideal birthrate and how would you enforce this?
 
Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitNSnooze2 View Post
The IRS investigates and prosecutes tax fraud all the time. I'm not sure how you've missed this.
But, we aren’t discussing the IRS. We are discussing the SSA, and again, those so-called “fake” numbers are often assigned to citizens. And, understandably, it creates huge problems for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitNSnooze2 View Post
So your convincing argument against stats, facts, studies, and figures is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and singing "nah-nah-nah-I can't hear you"? There are people who are paid to come up with these numbers. These numbers may not be 100% accurate, but they are very likely somewhere within the margin of error. If you have evidence to the contrary then please show your work.
You are incredibly naive, if you actually believe everything the U.S. government says. Do you honestly think they want the citizens of this country to know the full magnitude of this illegal invasion? C’mon, use your head.

I have been involved with enough federal agencies to know how the game is played. And, no, I will not share my info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitNSnooze2 View Post
A) most benefits and services are closed to immigrants. If there are loopholes, they should be fixed.
B) are you also concerned about all the other poor wage earners in this country receiving an unfair amount of benefits and services?
C) what is the ideal birthrate and how would you enforce this?
A) Illegals use both their U.S.-born children and fraud to avail themselves of ALL of our benefits and services. Make no mistake. However, I agree, the loopholes, etc. must be eliminated.

B) For the umpteenth time, we are NOT discussing U.S. citizens. Why is this so incredibly difficult for you to grasp?

C) The “ideal” birthrate for illegal aliens in this country is ZERO.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 08:04 PM
 
34 posts, read 17,263 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But, we aren’t discussing the IRS. We are discussing the SSA, and again, those so-called “fake” numbers are often assigned to citizens. And, understandably, it creates huge problems for them.



You are incredibly naive, if you actually believe everything the U.S. government says. Do you honestly think they want the citizens of this country to know the full magnitude of this illegal invasion? C’mon, use your head.

I have been involved with enough federal agencies to know how the game is played. And, no, I will not share my info.



A) Illegals use both their U.S.-born children and fraud to avail themselves of ALL of our benefits and services. Make no mistake. However, I agree, the loopholes, etc. must be eliminated.

B) For the umpteenth time, we are NOT discussing U.S. citizens. Why is this so incredibly difficult for you to grasp?

C) The “ideal” birthrate for illegal aliens in this country is ZERO.
Either the government is one singular evil entity hell bent on lying to you and destroying real America, or government agencies are completely separate so that the IRS never interacts with anyone from the social security side and never could. You need to pick a consistent theme here.
 
Old 07-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Wow, what a surprise. A thread in the illegal immigration that goes completely off topic and turns into a series of fights between members. Who would have thought ????
Seriously though, I sometimes feel there is NO ONE here capable of a serious discussion.
Closed.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top