U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:57 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitNSnooze2 View Post
It's very odd to me that someone would define their moral obligations by an invisible line in the sand. Government obligation, financial obligation, community obligation, I can get. But a moral obligation? So you see a pair of Hispanic 3 year olds, one born here, the other carried here, both hungry, neither responsible for where their mom's vagina happened to be at the time of birth, both probably completely ignorant at the concept of nations, and you feel an actual moral obligation to help provide nourishment for one and nothing for the other? That just seems weird to me.
Save the violins. This isn’t an issue of feeding poor, hungry children. At issue is the rampant abuse by ADULT illegal aliens. If you think the bulk of these funds are being used to feed their children, you are very naive. Not all, but many, are simply exploiting their children to avail themselves of our money. I suppose the guy they caught in PA with two welfare cards in two different names is using them to purchase food for his children. Right.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
These kids are Americans.
Only through theft, fraud, lies, and the bastardization of the 14th Amendment. But, again, it is NOT the children who receive the funds. It is their larcenous and parasitic parents.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:18 AM

34 posts, read 17,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Save the violins. This isn’t an issue of feeding poor, hungry children. At issue is the rampant abuse by ADULT illegal aliens. If you think the bulk of these funds are being used to feed their children, you are very naive. Not all, but many, are simply exploiting their children to avail themselves of our money. I suppose the guy they caught in PA with two welfare cards in two different names is using them to purchase food for his children. Right.
I won't argue with you that welfare abuse is rampant. It sucks and there's plenty of room for improvement there. I was just asking specifically about the "moral obligations" based on nationality which I still find odd.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Only through theft, fraud, lies, and the bastardization of the 14th Amendment. But, again, it is NOT the children who receive the funds. It is their larcenous and parasitic parents.
If you don't like the constitution, change it.

How else do you propose these funds get dispersed to American children other than through their parents? I'm all ears.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:33 AM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The amount of food stamps given is based on household size. This is why mama can have a live-in lover and all her extended family coming over.

They have these babies not because they can support them but because it's like winning the lottery.
Yes, those LUCKY DUCKYS always HIT IT BIG

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2374/...87e3683a_o.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
They contribute NOTHING yet consume resources reserved for our own.
So they're NOT "stealing" all the jobs from Americans? Because the only way they could get those jobs is by doing something valuable to society. I am glad to hear this, a lot of the forum will now be able to sleep better knowing all those jobs are safe from illegal invaders - they just want the handouts, guys!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
These kids are Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Thats disputable...
No, it isn't.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I won't argue with you that welfare abuse is rampant. It sucks and there's plenty of room for improvement there. I was just asking specifically about the "moral obligations" based on nationality which I still find odd.
If I could, I would feed every hungry child in the world. But, I can’t. Neither can this country. I am outraged that our generous welfare benefits incentivize illegal immigration. I find it reprehensible that so many come here pregnant, or deliberately give birth, and expect U.S. taxpayers to support their children. I’m sorry, but with our limited resources, our priority must be the children of citizens.

If illegal aliens cannot support their children, they should practice some form of reliable birth control, or abstain. After all, a large percentage of these children are born to teens who should not be sexually active, or unwed adults. It’s disgusting to see people on welfare with several children, and the woman is again pregnant. It is time for their countries of origin to take care of them. As a taxpayer, I am sick of it.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:38 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,242,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
AND? All children shouldn't go hungry not matter where there from or who their parents are?? What are you complaining about...The worlds children being fed is all our responsibility..
I don't know where you got that ludicrous idea, but it is not the responsibility of one country's taxpayers to feed all the children in the world.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So they're NOT "stealing" all the jobs from Americans? Because the only way they could get those jobs is by doing something valuable to society. I am glad to hear this, a lot of the forum will now be able to sleep better knowing all those jobs are safe from illegal invaders - they just want the handouts, guys!
They're all taking the jobs.
They're all unemployed leeching on welfare.

They're all crossing the border with ease.
They're all waiting to flood in if we remove quotas.

They're all refusing to assimilate.
They're all speaking Spanish to each other, so I refuse to accept them.

They're all somehow destroying my precious culture.
They're all somehow bad for clinging to their precious culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or