Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 03:22 PM

148 posts, read 85,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
No. Ask any clerk in any busy grocery store. Humanity can seem like a plague of vultures/locusts at times. Especially around the 1st of the month.

And what's wrong with comparing people to animals anyway ? If you take on similar characteristics to said animal, well then you are ACTING like said animal.

I love animals and don't consider them any less important then people. More important sometimes especially given the way a lot of society treats them. I would never insult an animal. They don't walk into Squal*Marts and start demanding things like they are the queens of England.
Because as a general rule to compare groups of people to animals is a means of dehumanizing them which, again, as a general rule is a bad thing. Do I really need to explain that?

Old 07-09-2011, 03:27 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,910,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Because as a general rule to compare groups of people to animals is a means of dehumanizing them which, again, as a general rule is a bad thing. Do I really need to explain that?
People dehumanize themselves by becoming one of the herd and following the others like sheep. Ooops..there I go again.

Again, if you don't want the comparison, don't act like an animal. Just sayin'.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:27 PM

403 posts, read 333,273 times
Quote:
If it walks like a duck. . .

In other words, don't mimic animal behavior unless you are fully prepared to be compared to one.
For one thing, I don't think many regular posters in this forum want to start this game. We could just as easily play "If it walks like a bigot..." but that would end with many of the patriotic "'Merican" citizens on here being butt-hurt and would wear out their mouse buttons clicking the "report post" Button.

More importantly, however, this 'animalistic behavior' as you guys refer to it is not unique to illegal aliens. With a little thought I know you could come up with just as many examples of legal citizens engaging in the same irresponsible behavior, so please, don't try to dehumanize one specific group of people for behavior that isn't unique or sub-human.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Check out my very own alias if you'd like. In many cases I consider animals better than people.

Especially when people should know how babies come to be and cannot figure out abstenence, birth control, sterilization or whatever to avoid given birth if they cannot come up with food or the basic necessities.

At least rabbits breeding out of control have a good excuse. Illegals using starving children as an excuse to break our laws and come here to give birth on the taxpayer dime have no excuse.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:29 PM

I'm not. Everybody exhibits animal-like behavior at times. But this thread is about Illegals getting food stamps not everybody else.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times

YouTube - ‪Illegal Aliens Collecting WIC Vouchers in Georgia‬‏

Much fraud in the WIC and food stamp programs. Watch this video where the social workers don't get identification or proof of income.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:10 PM

403 posts, read 333,273 times
Quote:
No. Ask any clerk in any busy grocery store. Humanity can seem like a plague of vultures/locusts at times. Especially around the 1st of the month.

And what's wrong with comparing people to animals anyway ? If you take on similar characteristics to said animal, well then you are ACTING like said animal.

I love animals and don't consider them any less important then people. More important sometimes especially given the way a lot of society treats them. I would never insult an animal. They don't walk into Squal*Marts and start demanding things like they are the queens of England.
Quote:
This is simply amazing. First Brandon tries to get away with inferring that illegal immigrants are less-than-human by referring to them as animals, then when called on it, in his backtrack post where he explains that there's nothing wrong with comparing people with animals and everyone loves animals he sticks in the bolded paragraph right at the end that manages to infer that animals are BETTER than the people in Wal-Mart sending money to their relatives in Mexico. Hahaha, you've got some issues dude.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitNSnooze2 View Post
Yes, family is different. But what does that have to do with the question? Unless you treat every citizen of the US the exact same as family then your response is just nonsensical.

Except that numbers don't back this up. Widening the tax base is good for social programs. 75% of illegals pay their taxes just like Americans do, and even more would if we gave them an easier path to a visa. The numbers keep saying it's about a break even proposition right now, while the people ignoring the numbers are talking about being drained dry.

Again, this program is for an American child. I don't have to equate her needs to those of illegal aliens, because she's a citizen and has a right not live in this country. All this hand wringing about "a law is a law because it's the law" and what "makes people American" and you are ignoring the ACTUAL LAWS THAT MAKE PEOPLE AMERICAN.
Again, it is NOT the children who receive the payments, and it is NOT the children who spend them. The parents of anchors are scamming the system, and it is costing us billions of dollars annually. Those billions should have, and could have been spent on deserving children of citizens, not children of foreign invaders. Like it or not, these children are, and shall remain, the children of ILLEGAL ALIENS. We should not offer tax-funded benefits to households headed by illegal aliens, period. It’s a travesty.

As for that nonsensical 75% myth, I would certainly like to know how a determination can be made on the tax contributions of a phantom population. If the government doesn’t know who they are, where they live, or the names of their employers, how on earth can anyone with reasonable intelligence actually believe they know the percentage of illegals paying taxes? It is simply pro-amnesty propaganda, and few are buying it.

Furthermore, given their low wages, it is impossible for them to cover the costs ($7,000-$20,000 annually) for even one of their numerous children attending our schools, which is a major factor in the budget deficit most school districts are now experiencing. And, that is just one of many tax-funded benefits they receive while living in our country illegally.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:29 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,015,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalreasoning View Post
i'm afraid your idea of a comparison says more about you then any kind of animal.
+1

Old 07-09-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
This is simply amazing. First Brandon tries to get away with inferring that illegal immigrants are less-than-human by referring to them as animals, then when called on it, in his backtrack post where he explains that there's nothing wrong with comparing people with animals and everyone loves animals he sticks in the bolded paragraph right at the end that manages to infer that animals are BETTER than the people in Wal-Mart sending money to their relatives in Mexico. Hahaha, you've got some issues dude.
Actually I think it's you that have the issues. Why do YOU think animals are so much inferior the humans that it's nearly blasphemous to compare them to human beings ?

Animals aren't helping to destroy this economy. You and your ilk are.

And it's Bandon to you. Also I'm a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.