U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 08:13 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
locked away for life? usually in the USA that means parole in 25 years or less.
No, "locked away for life" means life without parole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No, "locked away for life" means life without parole.

not in alot of states. all the judge has to say is 25 to life and the perp could be out in as little as 13 years.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Let me get this straight: The Obama administration and its allies and supporters loudly proclaim that people brought here illegally as children are really Americans, that they deserve all the same rights and privileges as American citizens, and in fact should be made American citizens as soon as possible.

Now one of them commits a heinous crime - brutally raping, torturing, and killing a 16 yr old girl. Now all of a sudden this person is a Mexican citizen, considered a foreign national under international law, and therefore not subject to the same laws and punishments as any other Texan.

Do I have that right?
There definitely exists a double standard when it comes to the pro-illegal crowd.

American when it's convenient, Mexican when that's convenient. None of the responsibilities to either nation or citizenship.

That means they can be proud Mexicans living it up in the USA never really caring what becomes of their nation, never helping build it or work for reforms. But they give none of their allegience to the USA either.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:21 AM

951 posts, read 616,596 times
Yeah 25 to life is a bit different than locked away for life.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
not in alot of states. all the judge has to say is 25 to life and the perp could be out in as little as 13 years.
But then he's not "locked away for life." The alternative to the death penalty is almost always LWOP.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
But then he's not "locked away for life." The alternative to the death penalty is almost always LWOP.
They guy could have stayed in his own country where rape and murder is often not prosecuted at all. Ask the families of the well over 400 women and girls brutally raped and murdered in Juarez, mostly unsolved and the murderers were never put in prison.

They chose to move to a death penalty state and rape and murder. Too bad.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They guy could have stayed in his own country where rape and murder is often not prosecuted at all. Ask the families of the well over 400 women and girls brutally raped and murdered in Juarez, mostly unsolved and the murderers were never put in prison.

They chose to move to a death penalty state and rape and murder. Too bad.
What does this have to do with anything we're talking about?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Depends on what they're arrested for, of course. "Driving while brown"?
I wasn’t referring to “driving while brown.” No, arrested for theft, rape, murder, DUI, etc. Plus, the last time I checked, there are no laws on the books prohibiting such, unless you mean driving while drinking from a “brown” bag.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I wasn’t referring to “driving while brown.” No, arrested for theft, rape, murder, DUI, etc. Plus, the last time I checked, there are no laws on the books prohibiting such, unless you mean driving while drinking from a “brown” bag.
Besides - how would "driving while brown" have anything to do with it when the USA has plenty of brown people who are citizens and have drivers licenses and insurance. Even deep brown, browner than brown. Melanin has absolutely nothing to do with it because many Americans out-melanin the illegals.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You're black, right (can't remember why I believe this, so correct me if I'm wrong)? Obviously the "driving while black" thing is not an actual crime, it's an interpretation of the officer's actual motives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or