U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-10-2011, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Most? Pretty sure no one here has endorsed that.
You would be surprised at the number of pro-illegals who consider it discrimination to ascertain the immigration status of suspected criminals, or even those incarcerated. After all, we are all human, and no distinction should be made between citizen criminals and those in this country illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2011, 12:22 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You would be surprised at the number of pro-illegals who consider it discrimination to ascertain the immigration status of suspected criminals, or even those incarcerated. After all, we are all human, and no distinction should be made between citizen criminals and those in this country illegally.
Thank God we have you here to address arguments that "pro-illegals" somewhere are making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 12:44 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,389,743 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Thank God we have you here to address arguments that "pro-illegals" somewhere are making.
No.

We have pols who look at the United States, see the massive unemployment numbers and decide that our biggest problem is not massive unemployment or underemployment. Our biggest problem is not the national debt or needless wars or crumbling infrastructure or lagging educational stats.

Nah. Our biggest problem is clearly that illegals can't get publically funded college educations and amnesty for their criminal parents.

Thank you Dems. Because in the middle of a recession it's nice to know that your biggest priorities are pandering to the desires of the hispanic lobby!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
You're black, right (can't remember why I believe this, so correct me if I'm wrong)? Obviously the "driving while black" thing is not an actual crime, it's an interpretation of the officer's actual motives.
Yes, I am black. I am also aware of the issue of “driving while black.” However, that cannot be used as an excuse not to enforce our immigration laws, or to portray illegal immigration as a civil rights issue, as attempted by many pro-illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:19 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I am black. I am also aware of the issue of “driving while black.” However, that cannot be used as an excuse not to enforce our immigration laws, or to portray illegal immigration as a civil rights issue, as attempted by many pro-illegals.
That's a false dichotomy. The choice isn't between "enforcement tactic X" and "no enforcement at all."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
That's a false dichotomy. The choice isn't between "enforcement tactic X" and "no enforcement at all."
I didn’t say it is. I said the issue of “driving while black” should not be used as an excuse not to enforce our immigration laws. It is totally unrelated. We have massive illegal immigration, and we need to rid our country of this scourge, by ANY means necessary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:32 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I didn’t say it is. I said the issue of “driving while black” should not be used as an excuse not to enforce our immigration laws. It is totally unrelated. We have massive illegal immigration, and we need to rid our country of this scourge, by ANY means necessary
...right, so that's exactly what you said. No one is talking about entirely not enforcing our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
...right, so that's exactly what you said. No one is talking about entirely not enforcing our immigration laws.
We cannot enforce our laws, if, at every turn, illegal alien advocates decry every enforcement measure as being discriminatory or racial profiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:42 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We cannot enforce our laws, if, at every turn, illegal alien advocates decry every enforcement measure as being discriminatory or racial profiling.
We can't? I mean, obviously I believe these laws should be low priority, but even that doesn't mean zero enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
We can't? I mean, obviously I believe these laws should be low priority, but even that doesn't mean zero enforcement.
Well, illegal aliens are now advertising their illegal status with impunity. Groups of illegals have even brazenly disclosed their names in front of ICE headquarters, daring to be arrested. So, obviously, they have no fear of our laws being enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top