U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Cherokee Nation
24,460 posts, read 8,436,864 times
Reputation: 5363
Take your child to a middle eastern nation and let that little out of control kid, take something that is not his and get caught....

You will comeback to the USA, with a child with no right hand. There will be nothing you will be able to do, but cry that you didn't teach your child the consequences of bad behavior, in society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 07-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Status: "Starting my new job! Happy dance!" (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Richardson, TX
13,657 posts, read 10,726,716 times
Reputation: 10060
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHMarten View Post
Life without the opportunity for parole has existed in this country for a long time. For example:



https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...without_parole

Sigh. You completely missed the point.

In TEXAS, which is the state where I live and the state where this execution took place, the life without parole option for CAPITAL MURDER has only existed for a few years.

Previously, a jury could choose between capital punishment and a life sentence with parole eligibility in 40 years when sentencing someone convicted of a capital crime.

Now, they choose between capital punishment and life without parole.

Please read my posts thoroughly before trying to argue with their factual content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 12:56 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,169 posts, read 4,079,190 times
Reputation: 3341
Come on people! Texas have executed the wrong AMERICANS with no remorse do you really think that they care about someone who is here illegally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Pa
18,178 posts, read 9,469,791 times
Reputation: 5443
Wow this has gone round and round.
Texas executed a murdering rapist. Why the heart ache I can't fathom.The world is a better place for it.
He wasn't executed for his immigration crimes. He was executed for murdering a 16 yearold girl. A girl he raped and stuck a piece of wood into her leaving the body on a dirt road. He deserved his punishment.
Now someone said if he did this while serving the country in the military during time of war he would have been given a medal,thats if not a lie a complete mis-statement.
There is no such reward for rape or murder of civilians. I would like to see a supporting link where a soldier was given a medal for beating a 16 yearold girl to death after raping her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 02:07 PM
 
403 posts, read 116,023 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Take your child to a middle eastern nation and let that little out of control kid, take something that is not his and get caught....

You will comeback to the USA, with a child with no right hand. There will be nothing you will be able to do, but cry that you didn't teach your child the consequences of bad behavior, in society.
I believe the reason many people are getting bent out of shape over this is not because of the punishment, it's because apparently the defendant was not afforded consul he was legally entitled to according to international law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Italy
6,305 posts, read 2,264,678 times
Reputation: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Wow this has gone round and round.
Texas executed a murdering rapist. Why the heart ache I can't fathom.The world is a better place for it.
He wasn't executed for his immigration crimes. He was executed for murdering a 16 yearold girl. A girl he raped and stuck a piece of wood into her leaving the body on a dirt road. He deserved his punishment.
Now someone said if he did this while serving the country in the military during time of war he would have been given a medal,thats if not a lie a complete mis-statement.
There is no such reward for rape or murder of civilians. I would like to see a supporting link where a soldier was given a medal for beating a 16 yearold girl to death after raping her.
The military rewards those soldiers who succeed in killing those whom they are told to kill. Civilian "casualties" are "common." The means used to achieve this end are (of course) not mentioned.



Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 02:43 PM
 
3,496 posts, read 1,001,979 times
Reputation: 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
More broad brush strokes, what a surprise. Cool story. If they believe they have a right to be here, that's fine. I think they should be granted the rights of citizenship, too. You act as if their sense of entitlement to something is truly horrendous, and yet just about every "anti-illegal" here goes on and on about the protectionism they favor for American laborers.
The American government's responsibility is to protect Americans not foreign nationals. Why should a group of low skilled people who don't speak English get the right to demand anything from the American taxpayer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
What has someone who was born here done to earn that right? Get super lucky?
I am not one of Bill Gates's children. Does that mean I get to move into his house and demand that he pay to support me?

Every single person has a country. Every single nation has borders. You need to get over that fact. You're advocating directly against the interests of most Americans and finding the ludicrous nerve to call them out when they defend themselves. I would not expect to move into my neighbor's house and make demands on them. The same applies to the guy from Mexico. He's not entitled to break into my house because he had five kids and cannot support them. Worse, because he doesn't want to ask his own government to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Cherokee Nation
24,460 posts, read 8,436,864 times
Reputation: 5363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
I believe the reason many people are getting bent out of shape over this is not because of the punishment, it's because apparently the defendant was not afforded consul he was legally entitled to according to international law.

Would it have made a difference in the outcome?

You think the American chic in Italy, that is accused of murdering her roommate, had US counsel under international law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 03:21 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 410,630 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I am not one of Bill Gates's children. Does that mean I get to move into his house and demand that he pay to support me?
We were not discussing legal rights, we were discussing who "deserves" what. My point was only that insofar as no immigrant "deserves" to be a citizen, neither does any random citizen who was born here. Thus, the whole issue of who "deserves" what should be ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-11-2011, 04:08 PM
 
403 posts, read 116,023 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Would it have made a difference in the outcome?

You think the American chic in Italy, that is accused of murdering her roommate, had US counsel under international law?
I don't know if it would have made a difference or not.

If I had to guess, I would say she did. I vaguely remember the case. I would imagine that if Italy had violated an international treaty in the process that people over here would be pissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top