U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 07:29 PM

951 posts, read 617,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wrong! If a U.S. citizen raped and murdered abroad, I wouldn’t give a damn what they did to him.
You realize this would go on because they are accused of doing something and have not yet been proven guilty in court right? So as long as an American is being accused of rape and murder you wouldn't care if they got to talk to the embassy before trial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Perhaps had he not been a fraud, and pretended to be a U.S. citizen, he would have received his consulate visit. Nevertheless, he raped and killed, received a tax-funded legal defense, a tax-funded trial, a tax-funded incarceration, and ultimately, a tax-funded execution. He most likely even received a tax-funded burial. In my opinion, he received much more than he deserved.
So we can bypass international law now because Benicar thinks he got more than he deserved. Move along. The law is still the law though.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 PM

16,119 posts, read 20,210,180 times
Is the guy still dead?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:42 PM

1,574 posts, read 792,080 times
Quote:
Yes, all soldiers are trained to kill. How does that make them all rapists, murderers, or war criminals? When did I say illegal entry is tantamount to car theft, rape, or murder? Please quote me.
You were fine with painting them all with the same brush because one of them was a murdering rapist. Here, I'll even QUOTE YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
But it IS OK to extrapolate from one "bad apple" illegal immigrant and paint ALL of them with the same brush? Because that basically happens 200 times a day in this forum and you don't seem too up in arms about that.
Quote:
ALL illegal aliens are here in violation of our laws. So, yes, the same brush is appropriate
Quote:
What I said, and I reiterate, is that ALL illegal aliens are here in violation of our laws. Is this not a true statement?
Yes, that's true. And THEN you WENT ON to say that BECAUSE they all committed this nonviolent offense and a tiny fraction of them rape and murder it's not only OK but APPROPRIATE to paint them all with the same brush.

Your words. I quoted them!

Quote:
More grasping at straws. Sorry, but criminal behavior by citizens does not mitigate crimes committed by illegal aliens.
And of course, NOBODY EVER SAID THAT IT DID. Let's play your own game, quote ANYONE in this thread that has said that.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
You realize this would go on because they are accused of doing something and have not yet been proven guilty in court right? So as long as an American is being accused of rape and murder you wouldn't care if they got to talk to the embassy before trial?
This man was not simply “accused” of rape and murder. He actually committed the crimes. We aren’t discussing a person’s right to a fair trial. Of course, everyone, even the guilty are entitled. Now, had he not received a fair trial, and had he been an innocent man, it would be an entirely different situation. I will never understand the mentality of those who care more about a rapist and murderer than his victim.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
So we can bypass international law now because Benicar thinks he got more than he deserved. Move along. The law is still the law though.
The man is DEAD. Why don’t you guys exhume the body and take him to the Mexican Consulate.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 PM

It might be possible to take you serious if you didn't make stuff every single post. When did I ever say I cared more about the rapist than his victim? When did I say I cared about the dude at all? Oh yeah, I didn't. I was just talking about THE LAW!!

Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You were fine with painting them all with the same brush because one of them was a murdering rapist. Here, I'll even QUOTE YOU!!!

Yes, that's true. And THEN you WENT ON to say that BECAUSE they all committed this nonviolent offense and a tiny fraction of them rape and murder it's not only OK but APPROPRIATE to paint them all with the same brush.

Your words. I quoted them!

And of course, NOBODY EVER SAID THAT IT DID. Let's play your own game, quote ANYONE in this thread that has said that.
Yes, the same ILLEGAL brush. At NO time did I even remotely imply that ALL illegal aliens are rapists and murderers. And, you can search until the cows come home, you won’t find a post.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
It might be possible to take you serious if you didn't make stuff every single post. When did I ever say I cared more about the rapist than his victim? When did I say I cared about the dude at all? Oh yeah, I didn't. I was just talking about THE LAW!!
You must care about him. Otherwise, you wouldn’t keep whining about his unfair treatment. Again, it’s his own fault he was not informed of his right to representation from the Mexican Consulate. Why would a “U.S. Citizen” be advised of such? Perhaps this will be a lesson for other illegals who are living a lie.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,562,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHMarten View Post
Since the subject of this thread is, according to the original poster herself, the subject of Latino integration, it's worth noting that Latinos of today are integrating, including learning English, as fast as immigrants of the past.
Then why do I have to press 1 for English, press 2 for Spanish? Are they just lazier than all the other immigrants that come here, less intelligent, or is it an entitlement mentality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or