U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 07:09 PM

403 posts, read 280,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The man is DEAD. Why donít you guys exhume the body and take him to the Mexican Consulate.
Interesting strategy, he's dead therefore it's ok that I'm making an exception to my "The law is the law" position...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 PM

951 posts, read 616,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Then why do I have to press 1 for English, press 2 for Spanish? Are they just lazier than all the other immigrants that come here, less intelligent, or is it an entitlement mentality?
The guy crying about having to push 1 is talking about other people being lazy lol.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You must care about him. Otherwise, you wouldn’t keep whining about his unfair treatment.
So, by your reasoning anyone discussing this case simply noting that he didn't receive what he lawfully deserved, without mentioning any opinion about anything else, is putting him above the victim? Mkay. That's some solid leaping and bounding to get to your completely made up conclusions.

The only reason I am talking about it at all is because it again points out the elephant in the room.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:20 PM

403 posts, read 280,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Then why do I have to press 1 for English, press 2 for Spanish? Are they just lazier than all the other immigrants that come here, less intelligent, or is it an entitlement mentality?
Those are the only three possibilities you could think of?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:21 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Interesting strategy, he's dead therefore it's ok that I'm making an exception to my "The law is the law" position...
No, heís dead, AND had he not pretended to be a U.S. citizen, he would have received his consulate counsel. He was also an admitted rapist and murderer, who received a fair trial.

So, the U.S. is accused of violating international law, because an illegal alien rapist and murderer chose to live a lie. Well, if that doesnít take the cake. I suppose next, weíll have to hire clairvoyants to ensure that every person who claims to be a U.S. citizen, and is not, will have an opportunity to meet with their foreign consulate prior to being convicted of a crime.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So, by your reasoning anyone discussing this case simply noting that he didn't receive what he lawfully deserved, without mentioning any opinion about anything else, is putting him above the victim? Mkay. That's some solid leaping and bounding to get to your completely made up conclusions.

The only reason I am talking about it at all is because it again points out the elephant in the room.
How was he treated unfairly, when he created the problem? All he had to do was be honest, and admit to being an illegal alien. So, why should the U.S. be held accountable for his decision to be a fraud?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Nice punt. Want to answer those questions? You were after all accusing me of caring about the rapist more than the victims for simply discussing the laws.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Nice punt. Want to answer those questions? You were after all accusing me of caring about the rapist more than the victims for simply discussing the laws.
I only recall you mentioning the scumbag, which gave me the impression he was your only concern. If you commented on the victim, and I missed it, I stand corrected. Did you?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 PM

Why would I? I am only bringing it up to laugh at you arguing this adamantly about why we should ignore a law. Another strike for the rule of law folk.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Why would I? I am only bringing it up to laugh at you arguing this adamantly about why we should ignore a law. Another strike for the "law is the law" folk.
Again, what law was violated, other than by him? How could he have been informed of his Mexican Consulate rights, if he didnít admit to being a Mexican National until after his conviction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or