U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 06:47 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,443,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Yes I would. I have family in Canada and I have stayed there for several months on end. I would never live in a country illegally. It just goes everything I have been taught by my hard working LEGAL immigrant relatives.

Not everyone who is going through a hard time breaks the law...Believe it or not.

I was homeless in Vermont for several months during one of their coldest winters. I had nowhere to live in the US and I went to Canada to stay with my family for a while. Well, after a while I CHOSE to leave my family in Canada and go to Vermont because there was no way in hell I was going to stay in Canada past my allotted time (6 months) and/or work illegally.

Funny I got myself out of that situation...Got a job, moved back to Boston then joined the Army.

Why can't those people do the same? Why do they have to come here...illegally? Oh yeah that's right...it's because everything is free in America and you can just drop a kid on this side of the border and you will be all set.

They don't want to try and fix anything back home. Scr*w that! Americans will provide everything for us...And while at it, let's not assimilate. And then let's ask for more and act like we're entitled to it.

I was watching "Border Wars" a while ago and this couple from Brazil was trying to enter the US illegally through Puerto Rico. The woman was 8 months pregnant.

Everyone outside of this country thinks that once they come here illegally and drop a child in US soil, they will have nothing to worry about.

And the more I look around and see that bleeding hearts will never open their eyes to the real problem, the more I think those illegal aliens are right. They just *know* Americans won't have the heart to deport anyone. But they don't speak for me.

Friend congraulations on your baby, hope all went well for you and hubby to be. Very well stated what you have said! infact nothing else need be said? How right you are.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,443,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
But to take the job you'd have to put your kids in mortal danger, live in constant fear of the police, violate multiple laws, steal money from Canadians to afford housing and food. You would have to drive without a license or insurance to get to the job. You would have to come to a country where people despise you because you are a criminal and do not speak their language. At every turn life would be difficult because you have willfully broken that country's fundamental laws and ignored the expressed wishes of the Canadian people.

Meanwhile you're leaving a country where you speak the language and can help yourself if you just stay in school, refrain from having children you cannot afford and have access to paid national health insurance. You're also leaving a country where the unemployment rate is half of what it is in your own country.

The father in the OP is a creep. He has only himself to blame for what happened to his daughter. It is unfair of him to ask struggling strangers in another land to provide for his family when he refuses to do so himself.

Very true why don't these Mexicans get some ba--- and take their grievences up with their own Government, yeah, why think we all know the answer to that question don't we. Their Government could give a rat's a-- about their citizens.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:58 PM

33,189 posts, read 30,484,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
There is obviously a fundamental disagreement here about how "immoral" violating this particular law is. I don't think it's immoral in the least.
Which law? Trespassing, identity theft, driving, dodging the tax system? Or other social issues like school, ERs and the rest meant for legal residents? That's a broad spectrum.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:24 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,013,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Which law? Trespassing, identity theft, driving, dodging the tax system? Or other social issues like school, ERs and the rest meant for legal residents? That's a broad spectrum.
All of those are symptoms of the same disease (except "trespassing," which it appears many people here don't understand the definition of). If they were legal, there'd be no driving without a license, they'd pay taxes exactly like everyone else, have no need to use fake SS numbers, etc.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:47 PM

777 posts, read 931,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
coolstorybro

Malamute claimed Saudi Arabia had wages 2.5x ours. He was wrong.

You make it sound all black and white but it's not. For starters, I'm sure they would CHOOSE to come legally but they can't because we don't let in enough blue collared workers. Looking at their economic situation and considering they can make 2.5x or more for their family and avoid drug cartels by coming here, I would argue that some are forced to break the law to provide food, safety, and protection for their family.

Ya know why we don't let in more blue collar workers?? Because we don't need anymore...we have enough blue collar workers that are citizens.
Their economic situation is not our problem..it's their problem (mexico) and the fact that they come here creates our economic problem... 1 they undercut our fair wages, 2. their lifestyle ruins our property values, 3. their failure to practice birth control creates a burden on our social services, 4. their failure to assimilate creates a language barrier, 5 they mock our democracy yet expect to become citizens.
The American Worker is the back bone of our country and if we don't like something we CHANGE IT. As a nation, our workers made pitiful wages until the American Worker formed unions and demanded workers rights and higher wages.. and with the institution of social security our elderly had little recourse but to live with family or abject poverty after they were fired from their blue collar jobs.
What about the Mafia...I would think that the Mafia would be our version of the "drug cartels". As a people and a government we have worked hard to do away with the Mafia...And we did it one by one..we have hunted them down and put them away. The Mafia is a mere speck compared to what it once was. Why can't mexico do that? As Dr. Phil would say..there is a pay-off somewhere. If the mexican people stood as a nation against the cartels and the corruption in the government they wouldn't have to worry about their food, safety and protection.
No mexican is FORCED to break the law. mexicans have a historically apathetic and corrupt government. As a nation and a people it is easier to pay a bribe to get around a problem then work against it and force change. The mexican people have all kinds of choices..they just make the choice that's easiest for them..pay a coyote to bring them to the US.
HM,Teh, and Rock you are all tail chasers....you hijack threads for your own arguments which have no merit..you all are like 10 years old crying "WHY???" ..start your own threads with valid questions and points. Better yet, try to illegally immigrate to mexico and see what happens.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:49 PM

951 posts, read 621,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Ya know why we don't let in more blue collar workers?? Because we don't need anymore...we have enough blue collar workers that are citizens.
Their economic situation is not our problem..it's their problem (mexico) and the fact that they come here creates our economic problem... 1 they undercut our fair wages, 2. their lifestyle ruins our property values, 3. their failure to practice birth control creates a burden on our social services, 4. their failure to assimilate creates a language barrier, 5 they mock our democracy yet expect to become citizens.
The American Worker is the back bone of our country and if we don't like something we CHANGE IT. As a nation, our workers made pitiful wages until the American Worker formed unions and demanded workers rights and higher wages.. and with the institution of social security our elderly had little recourse but to live with family or abject poverty after they were fired from their blue collar jobs.
What about the Mafia...I would think that the Mafia would be our version of the "drug cartels". As a people and a government we have worked hard to do away with the Mafia...And we did it one by one..we have hunted them down and put them away. The Mafia is a mere speck compared to what it once was. Why can't mexico do that? As Dr. Phil would say..there is a pay-off somewhere. If the mexican people stood as a nation against the cartels and the corruption in the government they wouldn't have to worry about their food, safety and protection.
No mexican is FORCED to break the law. mexicans have a historically apathetic and corrupt government. As a nation and a people it is easier to pay a bribe to get around a problem then work against it and force change. The mexican people have all kinds of choices..they just make the choice that's easiest for them..pay a coyote to bring them to the US.
HM,Teh, and Rock you are all tail chasers....you hijack threads for your own arguments which have no merit..you all are like 10 years old crying "WHY???" ..start your own threads with valid questions and points. Better yet, try to illegally immigrate to mexico and see what happens.
This is false from the start. Our unemployed are almost all high school educated at the very least. They aren't competing for the same jobs.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,920,063 times
Quote:
All of those are symptoms of the same disease (except "trespassing," which it appears many people here don't understand the definition of). If they were legal, there'd be no driving without a license, they'd pay taxes exactly like everyone else, have no need to use fake SS numbers, etc.
And, if we eliminated our murder laws, there would be no murderers. But, people would still be brutally killed. So, to end illegal immigration, we should make all illegal aliens legal. Yes, that makes perfect sense. What will we do with our “new” illegal aliens who will flock to our shores following another amnesty? Oh, that’s right. . . they won’t be illegal, because our laws will have changed. They will simply be citizens-in-waiting.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
WHY????
Tail chasing..we don't want them here we want them back in mexico changing their own country.

Oh yea and you think they'd work so cheap if they got citizenship...no way they'd be legal and they'd want legal wages...your Dad would have a cow..or... he'd go to mexico and hire more illegals (at 2.5x what they are making at home) and the whole thing would start over again...NO AMNESTY!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
This is false from the start. Our unemployed are almost all high school educated at the very least. They aren't competing for the same jobs.

WHY!!!!! more tailchasing...
With our unemployment rate it doesn't matter the level of education.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:55 PM

951 posts, read 621,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
WHY????
Tail chasing..we don't want them here we want them back in mexico changing their own country.

Oh yea and you think they'd work so cheap if they got citizenship...no way they'd be legal and they'd want legal wages...your Dad would have a cow..or... he'd go to mexico and hire more illegals (at 2.5x what they are making at home) and the whole thing would start over again...NO AMNESTY!!!!!!
Everyone that pays taxes via false info gets a legal wage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration