U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:14 PM

951 posts, read 618,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
That doesn't change the fact there are MBA's flipping burgers and delivering pizzas to pay the mortgage because their job was outsourced to India.
Huh. Call me crazy but maybe if we brought in workers instead of outsourcing, those MBAs would have businesses to manage instead of having to go oversees to do it or flip burgers or deliver pizzas.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM

777 posts, read 927,646 times
HHMMM Tail chasing.....

Old 07-10-2011, 08:17 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,967,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Huh. Call me crazy but maybe if we brought in workers instead of outsourcing, those MBAs would have businesses to manage instead of having to go oversees to do it or flip burgers or deliver pizzas.
Costs too much. You have to pay even illegals at least $3.00 an hour to work here, plus someone has to then pick up the costs of their healthcare and education and feeding of their kids, you can get workers a whole lot cheaper than that by outsourcing, without all the social costs of supporting them. Outsourcing at least makes sense.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:18 PM

lulz - You honestly think outsourcing is better don't you?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Your off topic...and tail chasing

Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,967,072 times
Quote:
It doesn't cost us $12,000 or more every year for free schools for each kid they bring in or have here when we outsource jobs. And we don't have to pay for the free medical care or subsidize their housing.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Your off topic...and tail chasing

Maybe you should learn to read. I'm not the one who brought up outsourcing. You are the one that brought that hijack to this thread in response to my link showing 8% of Americans don't have a high school diploma, which I was asked to provide.

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact there are MBA's flipping burgers and delivering pizzas to pay the mortgage because their job was outsourced to India.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should learn to read. I'm not the one who brought up outsourcing. You are the one that brought that hijack to this thread in response to my link showing 8% of Americans don't have a high school diploma, which I was asked to provide.

More tail chasing...my point was an unemployment rate which cannot sustain mass migration from mexico and you know that... outsourcing was an example of one reason why the unemployment rate is so high, of course, along with illegal immigration.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:20 PM

You didn't really have a point. You said my link doesn't explain why MBAs are working jobs because of outsourcing. Well no freakin ****, I wasn't talking about outsourcing at all until you came in and brought it up like it somehow proved something about job competition in America. Again, I was talking about job competition and unemployment here in America.

Back to the subject, only 8% of Americans are without a high school diploma. A large percentage of the unemployed aren't even competing for the same jobs as immigrants. This is evidenced by the huge shortage of farmhands showing up in Georgia and the resorting to making criminals do the work to save face.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:08 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,242,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I quickly ran through this thread sorry if this has been said but people in mexico have baby after baby because their religion for the most part forbids contraception and abortion. until that is not the norm people will be having lots of children even if they can't afford it. as religion tells them god will not give you more than you can handle.
What? Its ok to break OUR laws coming to the USA but its NOT ok to use birth control? People like that I DONT want in the USA. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration