Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Father's prideful plan ends tragically for Little Eva - El Paso Times

First, just he and his daughter, Eva Jaredzi Beltran-Aguilar, 5, would cross over.

They knew they were crossing illegally.

So why were they pumping out kids they couldn't afford in their own country and certainly cannot afford in this high cost of living country where there are no jobs?

Maybe these people need to be taught how babies are created and find ways to delay starting their families until they can afford them?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

First, just he and his daughter, Eva Jaredzi Beltran-Aguilar, 5, would cross over.

So why were they pumping out kids they couldn't afford in their own country and certainly cannot afford in this high cost of living country where there are no jobs?

Maybe these people need to be taught how babies are created and find ways to delay starting their families until they can afford them?
"Iliana Holguin, executive director of the Diocesan Migrant and Refugee Services in El Paso, said Eva's story is one example of the risks immigrants take daily in seeking a better life.
"I think most of us in the U.S. take for granted the horrible conditions people in other countries have to face," Holguin said. "When people are faced with the possibility of not feeding their children, they'll do whatever it takes, even if it means breaking immigration laws."
Holguin said that though Eva's father had documents to enter the U.S. legally and could have filed immigrant petitions on behalf of the rest of his family, it would have taken about 20 years for the family to be reunited. "With every death that occurs, it's a greater indication of the need for revamping our laws," Holguin said."

malamute nailed it.

If ya cant feed em, dont breed em.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 AM

It's also a lie that there's no food in Mexico. Children in Mexico are not starving to death, in fact their childhood obesity rates are ahead of ours.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
It's also a lie that there's no food in Mexico. Children in Mexico are not starving to death, in fact their childhood obesity rates are ahead of ours.
No kidding!

I am soooo sick of the sob stories. Do these people think they are unique?! That nobody else in the world is struggling to support their frickin families?

My soon to be husband and I are struggling right now too. We are DIRT poor and I hope to God we can pay next month's rent. Oh and we just had a baby 3 weeks ago! He lost his job before our daughter was born and I am the one who's left to keep our heads above water. I had major surgery less than a month ago and I am already back at work a couple weeks after it. Next thing my car will be repo'ed because I can't afford to pay for it.

But you don't see me running around stealing or breaking laws.

There is always a way around things. That's why I don't understand why there are people out there who still think "those poor people cannot survive in their own countries!".

It is such a crock of sh*t. My dad and his family survived poverty in South America. And they are not the only ones. Yet they follow our immigration laws when they came up here.

I am so sick of this BS. There are so many Americans who are going through h*ll right now and all the bleeding hearts can think about is the "undocumented immigrants" (that they refuse to call by their proper name, ILLEGAL ALIENS) and how we need to give them legal status and yadda yadda.

Cut this cr*ap already.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:48 AM

951 posts, read 745,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
No kidding!

I am soooo sick of the sob stories. Do these people think they are unique?! That nobody else in the world is struggling to support their frickin families?

My soon to be husband and I are struggling right now too. We are DIRT poor and I hope to God we can pay next month's rent. Oh and we just had a baby 3 weeks ago! He lost his job before our daughter was born and I am the one who's left to keep our heads above water. I had major surgery less than a month ago and I am already back at work a couple weeks after it. Next thing my car will be repo'ed because I can't afford to pay for it.

There is always a way around things. That's why I don't understand why there are people out there who still think "those poor people cannot survive in their own countries!".

It is such a crock of sh*t. My dad and his family survived poverty in South America. And they are not the only ones. Yet they follow our immigration laws when they came up here.

I am so sick of this BS. There are so many Americans who are going through h*ll right now and all the bleeding hearts can think about is the "undocumented immigrants" (that they refuse to call by their proper name, ILLEGAL ALIENS) and how we need to give them legal status and yadda yadda.

Cut this cr*ap already.
Yeah, so you are saying if tomorrow a Canadian company called and offered you and your husband at least 2.5x the wages you were making just to move there by getting a temp visa you would rather stick it out here right? Then instead of just working until you got deported after your temp visa ran out you would just move back here where you didn't have jobs and would tough it out to show your American pride right?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:

If you look around the world and the US, poor families almost always have the highest birth rates, while birth rates for the middle class drop dramatically, so much that as a whole, it's below replacement level. The liberals should love that, because aren't they all about saving the earth and whatnot??

Old 07-10-2011, 10:19 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah, so you are saying if tomorrow a Canadian company called and offered you and your husband at least 2.5x the wages you were making just to move there by getting a temp visa you would rather stick it out here right? Then instead of just working until you got deported after your temp visa ran out you would just move back here where you didn't have jobs and would tough it out to show your American pride right?
Yes I would. I have family in Canada and I have stayed there for several months on end. I would never live in a country illegally. It just goes everything I have been taught by my hard working LEGAL immigrant relatives.

Not everyone who is going through a hard time breaks the law...Believe it or not.

I was homeless in Vermont for several months during one of their coldest winters. I had nowhere to live in the US and I went to Canada to stay with my family for a while. Well, after a while I CHOSE to leave my family in Canada and go to Vermont because there was no way in hell I was going to stay in Canada past my allotted time (6 months) and/or work illegally.

Funny I got myself out of that situation...Got a job, moved back to Boston then joined the Army.

Why can't those people do the same? Why do they have to come here...illegally? Oh yeah that's right...it's because everything is free in America and you can just drop a kid on this side of the border and you will be all set.

They don't want to try and fix anything back home. Scr*w that! Americans will provide everything for us...And while at it, let's not assimilate. And then let's ask for more and act like we're entitled to it.

I was watching "Border Wars" a while ago and this couple from Brazil was trying to enter the US illegally through Puerto Rico. The woman was 8 months pregnant.

Everyone outside of this country thinks that once they come here illegally and drop a child in US soil, they will have nothing to worry about.

And the more I look around and see that bleeding hearts will never open their eyes to the real problem, the more I think those illegal aliens are right. They just *know* Americans won't have the heart to deport anyone. But they don't speak for me.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 07-10-2011 at 10:29 AM..

Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
No kidding!

Cut this cr*ap already.
Congratulations!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I know a number of people who worked in Saudi Arabia because they were offered a good amount of money but every last one of them abided by the terms of their visas and none decided to just break the laws and stay on longer.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Besides, there is nothing in the article about this man who caused his own daughter's death, having a high paying job in the USA.

The unemployment rate of the USA is about double that of Mexico's. Plus the cost of living is much much higher.

If he didn't like Juarez, he could have done what many people from Detroit have done, and that is relocate somewhere else in his own country that is safer. No food stamps however which is likely the real reason to head over here.

If you can't make it in your own country where you know the language and culture and where the unemployment rate is very low and the cost of living is really low, then how are you going to afford a good health insurance plan, the grocery bills, the utility bills and housing costs here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration