U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:26 PM
 
89 posts, read 39,428 times
Reputation: 22

Advertisements

malamute,

Does the New Black Panther Party speak on behalf of all black people?

 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Reputation: 22167
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Your not exactly helping yourself out in a thread called immigration and ethnic conspiracy theories.
How not? It's you people demanding unlimited immigration by "The Race" (translation La Raza).

You people are very racist in your arguments why certain people should not be expected to abide by the laws.

I believe in some immigration but it should be fair, orderly and all that. It should not be about dirt cheap labor. It should not be only one ethnic group and it should not be about people dumping, conquista but about a true desire of someone (any race, any country) to be a true part of the American people. That means the immigrant should want to assimilate, should want to be part of the people of the USA.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:29 PM
 
403 posts, read 281,026 times
Reputation: 60
Op, I would also add that the hand-wringing about how illegals, and Hispanic immigrants in general, are refusing to assimilate (when they actually are) feeds into this as well.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:29 PM
 
148 posts, read 66,726 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How not? It's you people demanding unlimited immigration by "The Race" (translation La Raza).

You people are very racist in your arguments why certain people should not be expected to abide by the laws.

I believe in some immigration but it should be fair, orderly and all that. It should not be about dirt cheap labor. It should not be only one ethnic group and it should not be about people dumping, conquista but about a true desire of someone (any race, any country) to be a true part of the American people. That means the immigrant should want to assimilate, should want to be part of the people of the USA.
because phrases like that vindicate the OP's theory. Do you see why?
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
 
89 posts, read 39,428 times
Reputation: 22
No one has advocated for immigration only for Latinos. I'm in favor of Belgian, Botswanan, Bolivian, and Belarusian immigration, too.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Reputation: 22167
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
because phrases like that vindicate the OP's theory. Do you see why?
Then you explain why "la raza" or anyone else should not respect the immigration laws of this country.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:31 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Reputation: 22167
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHMarten View Post
No one has advocated for immigration only for Latinos. I'm in favor of Belgian, Botswanan, Bolivian, and Belarusian immigration, too.
Then explain why the USA should be the only nation in the world without any immigration laws and completely open borders even while joblessness here is very high and the immigrants will only have to fill up welfare offices and most will come with no ability to buy themselves an insurance plan?
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:32 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,304 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then you explain why "la raza" or anyone else should not respect the immigration laws of this country.
I know you like to turn every topic into a general debate on immigration policy, but this is effectively a derail. This thread is about something more specific.
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:33 PM
 
148 posts, read 66,726 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then you explain why "la raza" or anyone else should not respect the immigration laws of this country.
Because no one here is mentioning 'la raza' but you keep bringing it up like it is some kind of shadowy cabal behind all of this. You sound crazy you know that right?
 
Old 07-10-2011, 05:33 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Reputation: 22167
Not a stormfront link --- which is all the OP somehow could manage to find.

Cesar Chavez

Interestingly, Chávez and other migrant farm workers who were legal US citizens were torn between racial and class loyalty. Liberal immigration policies increased Hispanic representation in the US, but harmed the working class by driving down unskilled wages. Chávez sided with workers first and Hispanics second, strongly opposed liberal immigration policies, and favored deporting illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top