U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
He's linking to a racist board and implying there's no difference between them and those of us who post here. Of course he's accusing us of racism. It's a profoundly offensive way to unfairly tar those you disagree with and attempt to shut down discussion.
If there IS a difference, then you should be able to differentiate the quotes, shouldn't you?

Is it OK in your book to accuse someone of racism if they're actually racist?

Old 07-12-2011, 05:16 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The OP did nothing more than put the comments from both boards intermixed side-by-side. It's an interesting experiment. Stormfront may espouse some of the same principles and ideologies as the Ku Klux Klan, but the groups are not interlinked as far as I know (the Southern Poverty Law Center's "HateWatch" would be more definitive).
And........... you could do the exact same thing off of any website like the San Diego Union Tribune or even the San Francisco newspaper's web that posted ANY article about illegal immigration.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:17 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
If there IS a difference, then you should be able to differentiate the quotes, shouldn't you?

Is it OK in your book to accuse someone of racism if they're actually racist?
To quote the position of the pro-illegals. How do you know they are racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlowPony View Post
Let me be the first to say that I am shocked, SHOCKED to find that someone who chose the username KsStorm is posting things resembling things found on Stormfront.
I thought it meant Kansas Storm?

Old 07-12-2011, 06:04 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And........... you could do the exact same thing off of any website like the San Diego Union Tribune or even the San Francisco newspaper's web that posted ANY article about illegal immigration.
"There are others like me, therefore ____________"

Old 07-12-2011, 06:33 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
#12 - Benicar

Quote:
This is the mindset of a large segment of the illegal alien populace, and it will be instilled in their children for generations. It’s amazing that so many are unable to see the handwriting on the wall. Welcome to the “new” America.
So, this is what you consider a racist comment? Also, it’s interesting that you failed to indicate the thread, so my comments could be read in their proper context. But, I suppose painting me as a racist was your sole objective. Yet, I never mentioned race, ethnicity, or national origin, only illegal aliens. Pathetic!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
You realize the OP doesn't say it was "racist" right? That was something all of you guys inferred.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
For the articles themselves, or the accompanying comments?...

Old 07-12-2011, 07:55 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
These threads are becoming hilarious.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Attempting to paint forum members as mere racists is disgusting and inappropriate. Most people who are against illegal immigration are against it because it is contrary to their economic interests. Insisting that they are merely nothing more than vile racists does nothing but poison the well and shut down the discussion about real racism.

If hispanics come up when discussing illegal immigration it is for one fact and one fact only: because 80% are ALL illegals are Latino. I am Democrat. I am NOT voting for Senator Menendez for reelection because of this fact. If he wants to play identity politics -- and constantly speak for Latinos rather than the needs of all the residents of this state -- then let him face the consequences that non-Latinos will not vote for him.

You can't have it both ways as many seem to want to do on this issue. You can't advocate for your ethnic group and then ask others outside of your ethnic group to support you.

That's exactly what's going on with many supporters of illegal immigration. They are advocating policies that help their communities in the name of identity politics. When those policies directly hurt other members of the community who do not share their ethnicity all they have to say is scream racism.

That's not a convincing argument.
Hmm, good points.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
The corresponding order is as follows:

1.Stormfront
2.Stormfront
3.Stormfront
4.Stormfront
5.City-Data; KsStorm
6.City-Data; chicagonut
7.Stormfront
8.City-Data; malamute
9.Stormfront
10.City-Data; malamute
11.Stormfront
12.City-Data; Benicar
13.City-Data; KsStorm
14.City-Data; kele
15.City-Data; All American NYC
16.Stormfront
17.Stormfront
18.City-Data; chicagonut
19.City-Data; All American NYC
LOL

You guys really break things down, haha. Oh and who cares about Stormfront? They don't even deserve to be mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or