U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 03:18 PM

532 posts, read 875,884 times

Advertisements

While there are many carefully argued claims against excessive immigration, there is a rather significant difference between arguing that excessive immigration causes wage depression, for example, and promoting an ethnic conspiracy theory of "reconquista" or "Aztlan" that is comparable to WWII-era claims that ethnic Japanese were a treasonous fifth column. Yet sentiments approximating the latter claim seem to dominate dialogue regarding illegal immigration, with warnings that the "Hispanic" ethnic group is displacing Anglo whites by "breeding like jackrabbits" to promote "La Raza" being frequently made.

To illustrate this, I have taken quotes from this forum and quotes from the white supremacist forum Stormfront (which Yac has asked that I not link to and I therefore do not do so), regarding this topic, and have scattered them into random order, finding that the sources are often indistinguishable from each other:

Quote:
I get a little high strung when this issue of border jumpers comes up. Remember, I'm down here on the firing line! I deal with these scum on a daily basis! The thought of many more to come makes me feel all is lost.
Quote:
One would think that Mexicans who show such feverent love and devotion towards Mexico would be more inclined to stick around and fix their beleaguered land instead of bolting from it at the first possible chance.....
Quote:
They are trying to con you into believing that Americans are responsible for the welfare of Mexicans! Don't believe it! You are NOT responsible for every burden in the world, or for resourcing every human being alive! You are NOT slaves!
Quote:
Where I work many people left the building.. OK students left school for the protest. The next day, the administration with the assistance and urging of the Hispanic liason for the building (yeah, we have one of those) allowed an incomprhensible Mexican student to go onto the PA and 'explain' the purpose of the marches and student walk out. I don't have to tell you all what sort of slanted, pro illegal hogwash that went over the airwaves.
Quote:
Hmmm... looking like America will be no more soon, at this rate of illegal invasion we are allowing. "We are millions, we just have to survive. We have an aging white America, they are not making babies, they are dying, it's a matter of time. The explosion is in our population."
Quote:
Some may not even call it Aztlan but they are drooling over becoming the majority in this country even though that is only occuring through illegal immigration from their ethnic group and all those anchor babies they are giving birth to on our soil. IMO that is just flat out racism.
Quote:
Mexico is probably the single most corrupt nation in the Western hemisphere, full of thugs and vermin, and if there hadn't been any irregularities in this election, we'd STILL end up inundated with millions more ticks & leeches on the next best excuse.
Quote:
La Raza (The Race) a very racist group is extremely well funded as is MECHA.
Quote:
I was curious about the Mexican illegal alien protestors, and I noticed some of them carrying signs which read "AZTLAN". It's a movement trying to take over the southwestern states. Here's more info about it from their website... La Voz de Aztlan I think this is a serious threat to states like California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
Quote:
But the La Raza and the whole Aztlan movement is entirely racist. They are not about the USA, or the American people. They want unlimited immigration by "their" people, their race, in fact they make immigration all about race
Quote:
Yeah, I've heard about this...my school has a Mecha club and they're totally into that sh*t. It's ridiculous, isn't it? Of course, no one speaks out against it, even though it's treason.
Quote:
This is the mindset of a large segment of the illegal alien populace, and it will be instilled in their children for generations. It’s amazing that so many are unable to see the handwriting on the wall. Welcome to the “new” America.
Quote:
Nothing "racist" about being against an illegal invasion, that is sucking down our tax dollars, destroying the nation. Sorry, but I don't care to see my country turn into a 3rd world cesspool like the countries these people are abandoning.
Quote:
The videos seem to express support for the La Raza/Aztlan movement, which seeks to conquer the American Southwest and “return” it to Mexico.
Quote:
Sounds like an invasion. If you want to be Mexican so bad why not stay in Mexico?
Quote:
To understand Aztlan, you have to understand history. The Mexican-American War was fought 1846-1848, ending in defeat for Mexico. The Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo ended the war. The Treaty of La Mesilla (Gadsen Purchase) added 45 million square miles to the US. Both treaties saw Mexico cede or sell the territory that would later comprise California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and part of Utah. (Texas became a part of the US through the Treaty of Velasco.)

Even though the land gained by the US was transferred to us legally, the transfer angered many Mexicans--something that lasts to this day. The whole Reconquista movement, in fact, has the sole purpose of getting the territory back for Mexico. The mythical Aztlan comprises all the territory that was lost by Mexico, including Texas. Coincidence? I think not.
Quote:
This is BS, what the hell do these Mexicans think they can accomplish. If we gave them California they would just turn it into a piece of s***t like Mexico.
Quote:
Many of Mexican ancestry even though born here are still fiercely loyal to Mexico and Mexicans. Many even put those Mexican illegals here above our laws and are pro-amnesty for them and any Americans who oppose those views are deemed racists even though they are their fellow Americans.
Quote:
Its like being a leech. No loyalty but leeching off of American wealth.
The commonalities here are remarkable, and indicative of shared affinities for white populism. The problem with this attitude is that it will likely lead to support of ethnic profiling if there is ever a higher perceived "crisis level" of immigration, which is a pattern that already exists in the case of minority ethnic groups such as Arab/Middle Eastern Muslims.

Since Mexican/Hispanic immigrants are not yet perceived as a major threat to safety and stability by most people, as Arab/Middle Eastern Muslims are, the mainstream dialogue about the former contains claims that such immigrants are not ethnically profiled, whereas the mainstream dialogue about the latter contains claims that ethnic profiling is justifiable because of the risk level posed by terrorism.

Historically, when the "crisis level" rises even higher, and is associated with a given ethnic group, the potential for mass roundups and imprisonment exists, as is evidenced by WWII-era Japanese internment. This is problematic, and these attitudes should be addressed here and now.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:41 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
While there are many carefully argued claims against excessive immigration, there is a rather significant difference between arguing that excessive immigration causes wage depression, for example, and promoting an ethnic conspiracy theory of "reconquista" or "Aztlan" that is comparable to WWII-era claims that ethnic Japanese were a treasonous fifth column. Yet sentiments approximating the latter claim seem to dominate dialogue regarding illegal immigration, with warnings that the "Hispanic" ethnic group is displacing Anglo whites by "breeding like jackrabbits" to promote "La Raza" being frequently made.

To illustrate this, I have taken quotes from this forum and quotes from the white supremacist forum Stormfront (which Yac has asked that I not link to and I therefore do not do so), regarding this topic, and have scattered them into random order, finding that the sources are often indistinguishable from each other:

The commonalities here are remarkable, and indicative of shared affinities for white populism. The problem with this attitude is that it will likely lead to support of ethnic profiling if there is ever a higher perceived "crisis level" of immigration, which is a pattern that already exists in the case of minority ethnic groups such as Arab/Middle Eastern Muslims.

Since Mexican/Hispanic immigrants are not yet perceived as a major threat to safety and stability by most people, as Arab/Middle Eastern Muslims are, the mainstream dialogue about the former contains claims that such immigrants are not ethnically profiled, whereas the mainstream dialogue about the latter contains claims that ethnic profiling is justifiable because of the risk level posed by terrorism.

Historically, when the "crisis level" rises even higher, and is associated with a given ethnic group, the potential for mass roundups and imprisonment exists, as is evidenced by WWII-era Japanese internment. This is problematic, and these attitudes should be addressed here and now.
If the economy dont get better SOON: the USA will start going after illegal Mexicans and people from Central America real fast.

I looked at Stormfront and felt sick. There naked racsism is nasty and stupid.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:51 PM

89 posts, read 39,339 times
Ag,

Old 07-10-2011, 04:05 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
If the economy dont get better SOON: the USA will start going after illegal Mexicans and people from Central America real fast...
How will they tell if if they are "illegal", just by looking for the "campesinos"?...

Old 07-10-2011, 04:05 PM

403 posts, read 280,669 times
Great OP!

Old 07-10-2011, 04:10 PM

34 posts, read 17,253 times
Yikes. I appreciate somebody taking the effort to wade through that river of racist excrement.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:12 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Hmmmm.... La Raza Aztlaner radicals checking out Stormfront for their material.....why am I not surprised?

It doesn't surprise me at all that La Raza radicals who believe that immigration should be completely unlimited because of one's race IF it is their La Raza race see this as a race issue.

Exactly why should there be unlimited immigration to the USA, or why should the USA be the only country in the world with no immigration laws yet Mexico can have immigration laws???

Or why should immigration from "la raza" nations be unlimited?

Old 07-10-2011, 04:17 PM

148 posts, read 66,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hmmmm.... La Raza Aztlaner radicals checking out Stormfront for their material.....why am I not surprised?

It doesn't surprise me at all that La Raza radicals who believe that immigration should be completely unlimited because of one's race IF it is their La Raza race see this as a race issue.

Exactly why should there be unlimited immigration to the USA, or why should the USA be the only country in the world with no immigration laws yet Mexico can have immigration laws???

Or why should immigration from "la raza" nations be unlimited?
Your not exactly helping yourself out in a thread called immigration and ethnic conspiracy theories.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:21 PM

403 posts, read 280,669 times
Who wants to play 'Guess the responses?' For Benicar I predict:
Spoiler
It's about the LAW!!!

ChicagoNut:
Spoiler
Will pretend not to know what Stormfront is

Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
And since I don't visit Stormfront, here are some links I can provide. I can display my non-stormfront links:

The Seattle Times: Nation & World: "Aztlan" spurs pride in Latinos, fears among immigration foes

Latin American Post - The Latin American news publication - 'Aztlan' spurs pride in Latinos, fear in others

"For us it represents the migration of our people from the northern area," said Olin Tezcatlipoca, director of the Mexica Movement, an indigenous-rights group based in Huntington Park, Calif., that believes North America is occupied by illegal immigrants from Europe. "The migration is a reality, the language is a reality, the reasons people migrate are a reality."

"I call that re-Mexicanization, not reconquista," said Navarro, 64. "A new majority is forming. Everything will change. The White House will be within our reach. We might have to change the name to the Brown House."

In David Horowitz's book "The Professors: The 101 Most Dangerous Academics in America," Navarro gets his own chapter. The author writes that Navarro "advocates the overthrow of the U.S. government by Latinos and reclamation of the southwestern United States by Mexico."

During the Chicano rights movement of the 1960s, Aztlan became a powerful rallying cry for militants who spoke of a "reconquista," or reconquest, of the Southwest, turning it into an independent homeland for Latino people.

Now, a generation later, the word has lost its radical edge among Latino activists but continues to evoke emotions on both sides of the immigration debate.

"Up until recently I dismissed the idea as a kooky fringe element, but if you look at the demonstrations and see the flags and hear people chanting that this is stolen land and 'we are reclaiming our lost land' it sounds more serious," said Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, which supports tough enforcement of immigration laws.

---- now why is it again that the La Raza types insist that "their people" are not obliged to respect the immigration laws of this nation? Is it that they really believe that no one from anywhere is expected to abide by them? Why do they not attack their own nation for it's immigration laws?

It doesn't get more racist than to insist your race or your ethnic group is immune from any of our laws it doesn't find convenient, yet when Haitians are rounded up from Miami, they have nothing at all to say for the rights of all Haitians to come here in unlimited numbers. Yes they really are about "La Raza" (The Race).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or