U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:07 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
County Elections Director Karen Osborne says her office is certifying that the petitions have 10,365 valid signatures of voters from state Sen. Russell
Quote:
Pearce's legislative district in the Phoenix suburb of Mesa.
Pearce, a Republican, is best known for sponsoring immigration measures including the 2010 enforcement law known as SB1070. A judge has placed key provisions of that measure on hold while they're challenged in court.
Sponsor of Arizona immigration law faces recall - Boston.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
I wonder if there is a timeline for Governor Brewer to set the recall election for Pearce. Arizona is a bit different on voting than other states - As long as you have part-time residence (i.e. "Snowbirds" that come from the northern states in the Winter) you can vote in an election. When November is the usual voting date, more voters from predominantly White states are present to give some candidates an edge.

I call it the "Wisconquista" - Some of the snowbirds come down to Arizona, less familiar with the ethnic makeup of the Southwest, and wonder "What are all these Mexicans doing in the United States?"...

And they are electing politicians like Pearce and Sheriff Joe that want to make Hispanics as uncomfortable as possible in Arizona...

Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,977,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I wonder if there is a timeline for Governor Brewer to set the recall election for Pearce. Arizona is a bit different on voting than other states - As long as you have part-time residence (i.e. "Snowbirds" that come from the northern states in the Winter) you can vote in an election. When November is the usual voting date, more voters from predominantly White states are present to give some candidates an edge.

I call it the "Wisconquista" - Some of the snowbirds come down to Arizona, less familiar with the ethnic makeup of the Southwest, and wonder "What are all these Mexicans doing in the United States?"...

And they are electing politicians like Pearce and Sheriff Joe that want to make Hispanics as uncomfortable as possible in Arizona...
What a racist and bigoted statement to make.

These people are legally entitled to vote. Unlike the many illegals who attempt to influence politics in Arizona.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
What a racist and bigoted statement to make...
Mmmm, I'm "mixed race", mostly White myself...

So do you object to me saying the "snowbirds" are voting for like-minded politicians, or whom they see as attaining their goals?...

Brewer had already done an audit on voter rosters back in the day before she was governor - Apparently nobody was prosecuted for voter fraud. I'm just saying it would be interesting to see a non-Winter election on some candidates. It's as worthwhile of theory as any "Reconquista" talk.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,860,628 times
Quote:

They want to make illegals uncomfortable. Why do you feel that the words Hispanic and Illegals are interchangable when it suits your agenda?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
They want to make illegals uncomfortable. Why do you feel that the words Hispanic and Illegals are interchangable when it suits your agenda?
Because in practice that is how it is applied. We just had a thread on the forum about two Hispanic citizens detained for hours by Sheriff Joe's deputies. The Arizona legislators also backdated court-appointed compensation to exclusively protect Roger Barnett from claims he owed.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Mmmm, I'm "mixed race", mostly White myself...

So do you object to me saying the "snowbirds" are voting for like-minded politicians, or whom they see as attaining their goals?...

Brewer had already done an audit on voter rosters back in the day before she was governor - Apparently nobody was prosecuted for voter fraud. I'm just saying it would be interesting to see a non-Winter election on some candidates. It's as worthwhile of theory as any "Reconquista" talk.
I object to the cited statement. I don't care what you are or claim to be. Or how you pick and choose which parts of your statement you pick to defend. The entire statement was racist and bigoted. Not to mentoion you wanting to change the election format to suit your own desires.

BTW, are you claiming that there are no hispanic snowbirds? Your proof would support your statement, although I suspect that you have none, just what you decide is true.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:47 PM

60,154 posts, read 30,614,837 times
Quote:

You got it right when you said, or the quote you repeated said, Mexican.

You blew it when you wanted to confuse everyone and make it a racist post, with the word Hispanic in place of Mexican.

I know many Hispanic Americans, that despise "the wets" as they call them. They will give you an earful about the bad name and sterotype the illegals have placed on them, that once didn't exist, here in Texas.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 PM

403 posts, read 280,796 times
It's odd how people on this board are hyper sensitive to alleged racism when it's perceived to be against white people, but the hundreds of posts in this forum that are much more bigoted and blatantly racist toward Hispanic people imo, are allowed to slide by.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
It's odd how people on this board are hyper sensitive to alleged racism when it's perceived to be against white people, but the hundreds of posts in this forum that are much more bigoted and blatantly racist toward Hispanic people imo, are allowed to slide by.
So, in your opinion, racism only goes in one direction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or