U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2011, 01:40 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,824 times
Reputation: 475

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I'm Latino and my parents came here legally and I will still vote for Obama; I know plenty of others who will do the same.
Absolutely! My family was overjoyed when Obama won the first time and he continues to be our choice for the next presidential election. My family is also legal and the majority of Latinos around me have said they will vote for him once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,278,411 times
Reputation: 6260
zacatecana, you are just a typical example of just how little Republicans understand Hispanics. Are you going to vote for the party that passes legislation that could get you pulled over for the color of your skin? Even if you are light skinned, I'm sure you understand what I mean. My wife is a darker Mexican-American conservative who once voted nearly straight ticket Republican. No longer, and we know many like her. When I mention this on here, many conservatives think I'm making this up.

How any reasonable non-Hispanic Republican could even think for a moment that more than a very small percentage of Hispanics vote Republican is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
zacatecana, you are just a typical example of just how little Republicans understand Hispanics. Are you going to vote for the party that passes legislation that could get you pulled over for the color of your skin? Even if you are light skinned, I'm sure you understand what I mean. My wife is a darker Mexican-American conservative who once voted nearly straight ticket Republican. No longer, and we know many like her. When I mention this on here, many conservatives think I'm making this up.

How any reasonable non-Hispanic Republican could even think for a moment that more than a very small percentage of Hispanics vote Republican is beyond me.
Outright lies! There is no political party that has passed legislation so that one can be pulled over just based on the color of their skin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 AM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,278,411 times
Reputation: 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Outright lies! There is no political party that has passed legislation so that one can be pulled over just based on the color of their skin!
Live my life and see if you agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2011, 06:34 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Live my life and see if you agree.
Oh, please do provide undeniable proof that you have been stopped just based on your skin color. You can't because it is only in your victim mentality head. Besides if you are here legally what do you have to fear? Don't you have valid I.D.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Live my life and see if you agree.
Live my life and you will understand that you can be pulled over for the color of your car! And even for the kind of license plate you have on the car.

It happened to me. Some guys were going around with guns holding up and robbing people at rest stops.

So I come driving along and get pulled over because I had the same color car and same state's license plates as those guys. Actually I was quickly let go because those guys had a different color of skin - too bad for them but I didn't fit the description beyond car color and state license plate.

No one is pulled over for the color of their skin, they are pulled over for weaving around like a drunk driver, failing to stop at a red light, speeding and breaking other traffic laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2011, 09:45 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh, please do provide undeniable proof that you have been stopped just based on your skin color. You can't because it is only in your victim mentality head. Besides if you are here legally what do you have to fear? Don't you have valid I.D.?
Highly funny -- but here where I live, the so-called "whites" are a distinct minority but some people got their panties in a twist and were claiming that the only reason they were given traffic tickets was because they are a minority group that is really a majority group here by far.

Well then studies were provided that showed the so-called "whites" (not Spanish last names) were receiving a much greater share of the traffic citations than their numbers in the population would imply they should get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2011, 06:25 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Highly funny -- but here where I live, the so-called "whites" are a distinct minority but some people got their panties in a twist and were claiming that the only reason they were given traffic tickets was because they are a minority group that is really a majority group here by far.

Well then studies were provided that showed the so-called "whites" (not Spanish last names) were receiving a much greater share of the traffic citations than their numbers in the population would imply they should get.
We all know anyway that this screaming of racial profiling is just a tactic that the pro-illegals use to try and protect illegals (who are usually from their own ethnic group) from detection. They are so very transparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
 
5,547 posts, read 8,294,971 times
Reputation: 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Obama will not throw himself under a bus and sign any amnesty bill or Dream Act...believe me, if he had wanted it done, it would have happened, he could have sent the bill back down to the democratic congress when he had them...he choose to stall, because, it would have cost him too much.
Maybe it has nothing to do with the bus. Maybe he actually isn't for the dream act or any amnesty bill.

BTW, I will remind you that in the 2004 election the VERY next day Bush and McCain were discussing amnesty. How do I know this? Because I follow politics and live in the same state as McCain. I wrote both of them and told them no way to amnesty. But it is noteworthy that nary a day went by and they were already all over it. And not out of compassion, rather cheap labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2011, 03:42 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,824 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
zacatecana, you are just a typical example of just how little Republicans understand Hispanics. Are you going to vote for the party that passes legislation that could get you pulled over for the color of your skin? Even if you are light skinned, I'm sure you understand what I mean. My wife is a darker Mexican-American conservative who once voted nearly straight ticket Republican. No longer, and we know many like her. When I mention this on here, many conservatives think I'm making this up.

How any reasonable non-Hispanic Republican could even think for a moment that more than a very small percentage of Hispanics vote Republican is beyond me.
That is correct. And to think that the majority of Hispanics used to be Republican. Not any more...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top