U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
This. As a bonus, it gives the racist mobs an easy punching bag to blame all their problems on.
Because the only reason one might be opposed to illegal immigration is because one is a racist.

Breaking multiple American laws makes you a criminal not a saint. Most people despise criminals.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:06 AM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,401 times
What if 20 million illegals just - left the U.S ?

I could get a job easily in the field I went to college for. It's time to blow the lid off this myth of "They only take the jobs Americans don't want" nonsense. And yes, I'm against outsourcing as well. If it wasn't for outsourcing my mother could get a job in HER chosen field as well, computer programming, with experience of over 30 years instead of working at Walmart.

I could go shopping without all the headaches of trying to get around entire extended families blocking whole aisles and their screaming mulititudes of kids.

I could drive down the street and actually go the speed limit.

And best of all..it would put the ***** sisters who hired the illegal over me out of business.

Yes. I'm resentful. With good reason.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 AM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He should work. I don't care what he decides to do for a living, nor should he care if I change careers.

Americans first.
OK, so I'm in the market to hire some drywall hangers. The only guys I get offers from are spanish speaking. They have documentation but come on, we all know it's bogus, right? So, I should do what? Go find some unemployed white guy and force him to work for me?

Old 07-17-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Your complaint is really about poor people, not illegal immigrants. Illegals live somewhere, so they're paying the same property taxes (which is what funds public schooling) as everyone else. If they're not paying enough to cover their share, neither are legal/citizen poor people.
Then can we ship our poor people to Mexico and demand that middle class Mexicans learn English and pay for them? Illegals do not pay for the costs they impose on our society. We have every right to ask them to leave. We have enough poor people. We don't need to import anymore. We also have a responsibility to our poor that we don't have to the world's poor. Especially those from Mexico who live in a society nearly as rich as our own.

Quote:
The housing market would collapse.

Entitlement programs fueled by illegals paying in to programs they can't collect from would go bust.

US economy would implode.
As has been pointed out by those of us who live in the real world, the housing market has already collapsed. The threat of deflation will not be cured by low skilled immigrants working off the books and claiming access to social programs they have not paid into.

The US economy has already imploded at least in part because we've allowed illegals to stay here and demand money from the American taxpayer. With a nearly 10% unemployment rate the last thing we need are more low skilled migrants who don't speak English, earn little and need to tap into social programs merely to put food on their tables.

People who naively believe otherwise are wrong.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No. With the number of Americans out of work and the number of houses going to foreclosure the last thing we need are illegals here to do drywall and construction. The jobs are gone, why aren't they?

Mexico has a much much lower unemployment rate than we have in the USA. Something like 5.2% -- imagaine! We haven't seen 5.2% in years now.
Complete dodge of the issue. It doesn't matter what they're here to do. It doesn't matter what the unemployment rate is here or other places, either. If you remove 20 million people from the housing market, the ALREADY bloated supply of housing will be instantly REALLY SUPERDUPER BLOATED. This will cause prices to crash even more. And likely even harder. And it won't be restricted to just the low-end of the housing market. It will ripple through every corner of it.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
OK, so I'm in the market to hire some drywall hangers. The only guys I get offers from are spanish speaking. They have documentation but come on, we all know it's bogus, right? So, I should do what? Go find some unemployed white guy and force him to work for me?
Obey American employment laws and hire people who are here legally? Why is obeying our laws so hard for some people? Why do you think you can't find any legal American citizen drywall hangers?

Why do you believe that all laws can get ignored unless they benefit illegals? As I wrote before, this is yet another demonstration of the problem with illegal immigration. Illegal migration tears at the very fabric of our society by deeming all laws something we can ignore at all. That's nothing more than a recipe for anarchy and chaos.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Complete dodge of the issue. It doesn't matter what they're here to do. It doesn't matter what the unemployment rate is here or other places, either. If you remove 20 million people from the housing market, the ALREADY bloated supply of housing will be instantly REALLY SUPERDUPER BLOATED. This will cause prices to crash even more. And likely even harder. And it won't be restricted to just the low-end of the housing market. It will ripple through every corner of it.
So if a billion starving people want to move here it doesn't matter?

The people in question barely earn enough to buy anything let alone a $200k house with $5k in property taxes. Low skilled migrants don't pay much in taxes. If they leave most Americans will be better off.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Then can we ship our poor people to Mexico and demand that middle class Mexicans learn English and pay for them? Illegals do not pay for the costs they impose on our society. We have every right to ask them to leave. We have enough poor people. We don't need to import anymore. We also have a responsibility to our poor that we don't have to the world's poor. Especially those from Mexico who live in a society nearly as rich as our own.
No, you can't ship poor Americans to Mexico. This is a pretty bogus argument because nobody is shipping poor mexicans to the US. They're coming here on their own. They're making the decision. There's nobody rounding them up and dumping them here. They're not being imported.

Quote:
As has been pointed out by those of us who live in the real world, the housing market has already collapsed. The threat of deflation will not be cured by low skilled immigrants working off the books and claiming access to social programs they have not paid into.
As has already been pointed out by those of us who understand how prices work, housing prices can and would fall even more than they already have.

Quote:
The US economy has already imploded at least in part because we've allowed illegals to stay here and demand money from the American taxpayer. With a nearly 10% unemployment rate the last thing we need are more low skilled migrants who don't speak English, earn little and need to tap into social programs merely to put food on their tables.

People who naively believe otherwise are wrong.
So leaving a bunch of low-paying jobs for americans to do, so that more americans need to tap into social programs, but now with fewer people to fund those programs, is somehow the magic answer?

Old 07-17-2011, 11:16 AM

15,527 posts, read 29,233,815 times
I have to wonder why laws are not enforced and these people are STILL HERE?

Maybe if law enforcement was not so busy arresting college kids for smoking pot, they would have time to get these people the hell out of this country.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-17-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Why do you believe that all laws can get ignored unless they benefit illegals?
Why do you just make stuff up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration