Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Right, my post isn't about "criminals," it's about ways for immigrants to LEGALLY enter the country. Not that complicated.
Your correct again. it's not that complicated to enter the United States legally.

The process has been documented for many many decades and it can even be done online:

U.S. Citizenship Application - Form N-400 Online

So tell me again why the existing procedure is good enough for the rest of the world and not good enough for illegal aliens who flout the laws of the United States.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Legal immigrants already spend a crapload of money to get in legally.
They most certainly do. In addition, this is the ILLEGAL immigration forum. So, why are we discussing methods for LEGAL immigrants to enter this country? Or, are we?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times

Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
10 million US to file and if accepted another 10 million US for citizenship, it'll keep the trash out of America.....
yeah. Just like making weed illegal has kept it out of america.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:48 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They most certainly do. In addition, this is the ILLEGAL immigration forum. So, why are we discussing methods for LEGAL immigrants to enter this country? Or, are we?
Every once in a while you guys say this. This is obviously about both legal and illegal immigration. These are basically the same topic, I assume they were split into two forums due to anti-illegal types taking over other threads (which explains the subsection removed from the politics forum).

Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Every once in a while you guys say this. This is obviously about both legal and illegal immigration. These are basically the same topic, I assume they were split into two forums due to anti-illegal types taking over other threads (which explains the subsection removed from the politics forum).
But, you keep saying we are discussing LEGAL immigration. So, how is this topic related to illegal immigration? In addition, you said we are only discussing people who are not currently here, but wish to come legally. Right?

Allow me to refresh your memory. . . .

Quote:
How are they criminals? This is a proposal for allowing immigrants to become LEGAL citizens, dude.
Quote:
Um, what? Like I said, we're talking about immigrants who are arriving here.
Quote:
Right, my post isn't about "criminals," it's about ways for immigrants to LEGALLY enter the country. Not that complicated.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Wrong again bucko...

If it is for both legal and illegal immigration then there would be just one forum and it would be called "Immigration" wouldn't it?

Posts concerning "Legal Immigration" get posted Hmmmm I wonder where.... OH YEAH, in the "Legal Immigration" forum

If this concept is too hard for you to comprehend I'm sure if you ask one of the mods they'll explain the difference between legal and illegal immigration.....

Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But, you keep saying we are discussing LEGAL immigration. So, how is this topic related to illegal immigration? In addition, you said we are only discussing people who are not currently here, but wish to come legally. Right?

Allow me to refresh your memory. . . .
Yes, and? The whole point of this is to address your primary concern about illegal immigration.

I would apply this to people who are here illegally also, but since saying such would result in 10 people having a simultaneous "ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL" spasm I left that out of the initial discussion. Of course, it did not stop the spasms, because the spasms have consumed you.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times
Quote:
Legal immigration: http://www.city-data.com/forum/legal-immigration/

Illegal immigration: http://www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/

NOT the same topic. Otherwise, we wouldn't have this long process for legal immigrants and they can just hop the border.

How can anyone say legal and illegal is the same thing?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Wrong again bucko...

If it is for both legal and illegal immigration then there would be just one forum and it would be called "Immigration" wouldn't it?

Posts concerning "Legal Immigration" get posted Hmmmm I wonder where.... OH YEAH, in the "Legal Immigration" forum

If this concept is too hard for you to comprehend I'm sure if you ask one of the mods they'll explain it clearer for you........
Not too good with the reading, huh? I didn't say this forum was for legal immigration, I'm just saying there is enough overlap that this is properly placed. Also pointing out that this subsection of politics has clearly been isolated to quarantine the frothing-at-the-mouth anti-illegal immigration types here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration