Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:15 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Legal immigration: http://www.city-data.com/forum/legal-immigration/

Illegal immigration: http://www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/

NOT the same topic. Otherwise, we wouldn't have this long process for legal immigrants and they can just hop the border.

How can anyone say legal and illegal is the same thing?
I didn't say "legal" and "illegal" are the same thing, champ.

You could have a forum called "legal drugs" and a forum called "illegal drugs," and I assure you at some point the lines would blur because the discussion would turn to what should be legal and what should be illegal.

The entire OP is about addressing the primary concern everyone here seems to have with illegal immigration.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Yes, and? The whole point of this is to address your primary concern about illegal immigration.

I would apply this to people who are here illegally also, but since saying such would result in 10 people having a simultaneous "ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL" spasm I left that out of the initial discussion. Of course, it did not stop the spasms, because the spasms have consumed you.
Quote:
Not too good with the reading, huh? I didn't say this forum was for legal immigration, I'm just saying there is enough overlap that this is properly placed. Also pointing out that this subsection of politics has clearly been isolated to quarantine the frothing-at-the-mouth anti-illegal immigration types here.
Why not simply state you posted this in the wrong forum. Or, better yet, come clean, and admit you posted this under the guise of methods for legal immigration, when your “real” intent was to put a price on legalization for illegal aliens.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why not simply state you posted this in the wrong forum. Or, better yet, come clean, and admit you posted this under the guise of methods for legal immigration, when your “real” intent was to put a price on legalization for illegal aliens.
....I literally said as much in the post you're responding to right now.

But no, this is not in the wrong forum, it's a proposal that would turn the flow of illegal immigrants into a lucrative stream of legal immigrants. So yes, it IS about both illegal and legal immigration. You should probably get over this.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:25 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
I didn't say "legal" and "illegal" are the same thing, champ.

You could have a forum called "legal drugs" and a forum called "illegal drugs," and I assure you at some point the lines would blur because the discussion would turn to what should be legal and what should be illegal.

The entire OP is about addressing the primary concern everyone here seems to have with illegal immigration.
Correction: This is YOUR concern, not ours. You are the one who believes we should “relax” our laws, and make it easier for Mexicans to enter this country. The only problem I have with our current laws is their lack of enforcement.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
But no, this is not in the wrong forum, it's a proposal that would turn the flow of illegal immigrants into a lucrative stream of legal immigrants.
A lucrative stream of legal immigrants.....

You are obviously oblivious as to how much it costs to verify anything a foreigner says.....

At 5 grand a pop once again the government will be in a money loosing situation......

Let me ask AGAIN:

Quote:
The process has been documented for many many decades and it can even be done online:

U.S. Citizenship Application - Form N-400 Online

So tell me again why the existing procedure is good enough for the rest of the world and not good enough for illegal aliens who flout the laws of the United States.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Correction: This is YOUR concern, not ours. You are the one who believes we should “relax” our laws, and make it easier for Mexicans to enter this country. The only problem I have with our current laws is their lack of enforcement.
...in part because it leads to costs imposed on taxpayers.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:45 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
A lucrative stream of legal immigrants.....

You are obviously oblivious as to how much it costs to verify anything a foreigner says.....

At 5 grand a pop once again the government will be in a money loosing situation......
How do the "name checks" work for legal immigrants right now? USCIS is funded solely on immigration and naturalization petition fees. Last question, why do you link to hack sites for immigration that aren't official?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Every once in a while you guys say this. This is obviously about both legal and illegal immigration. These are basically the same topic, I assume they were split into two forums due to anti-illegal types taking over other threads (which explains the subsection removed from the politics forum).
They were split because they are two very different things.

Read some of the posts in the Legal immigration forum, people trying to find out how long something might take, they will talk of how long they've waited, what the chances are of getting a job here so they can come --- they ask questions because they want to do everything the right way.

This forum is very much different. It's about people who don't choose to follow the laws at all, they expect some kind of amnesty with citizenship handed to them as their reward for being here illegally, they actually think they're above those who are trying to follow the laws, they believe they are entitled to something.

The illegals don't want to be like those legal immigrants.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Buy their citizenship???

Amazing what the illegal alien lovers can dream up...........
And at a bargain basement price too. $5K won't touch what they take out of they system in entitlements.

Ok, how about a $1 Million dollar price tag per illegal alien with transfer of an additional $5 million coming into the country with them as a condition of citizenship? Once citizenship test has been passed and funds wired, they get in line with everyone else. The far left wants a millionare tax......make it an entry fee for their special interst group. The state they want to live in the first 5 years gets 2/3rds of that fee and the federal government the remaining 1/3.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
Buy their citizenship???

Amazing what the illegal alien lovers can dream up...........
Hilarious. The plan would reduce the number of illegal aliens in the US. Drastically.

People who claim they care about THE LAW should love this plan. But, shockingly, they have revealed that they don't actually care about THE LAW, they care about... something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration