Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:02 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Sure they do. Legal immigrants have to prove that they will contribute to our country.

Why should criminals be given special treatment?
When he said "like everybody else" I assume he meant "like all citizens." I misspoke when I said "nobody." I withdraw that.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:03 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I will use that phrase if you start calling the True Americans who are unemployed because of illegal labor "lazy Americans"
Nothing like trying to change the subject huh?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Nothing like trying to change the subject huh?
I'd actually like to keep this far more on topic than it has been. I was just making fun of a silly request that I use the rhetoric of people I don't agree with.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
And some have no reasoning at all, and appearantly never will. What part of illegal is so very hard to understand, is illegal, something that is acceptable, oh i see right, commit a crime, and it becomes legal. Not the way it works in Other Countires, infact try doing some of these same things illegals have done in our Country in theirs! let me know what happens?

Don't make sorry excuses for them please, their Government owes them not ours?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And some have no reasoning at all, and appearantly never will. What part of illegal is so very hard to understand, is illegal, something that is acceptable, oh i see right, commit a crime, and it becomes legal. Not the way it works in Other Countires, infact try doing some of these same things illegals have done in our Country in theirs! let me know what happens?

Don't make sorry excuses for them please, their Government owes them not ours?
What does this have to do with this thread at all? We're talking about methods of naturalization.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:18 PM

951 posts, read 745,328 times
Way to spit out some words about illegals being illegal california-jewel. Perhaps if you could actually read the topic you would realize he is talking about people who want to enter but have done nothing wrong yet.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I'd actually like to keep this far more on topic than it has been. I was just making fun of a silly request that I use the rhetoric of people I don't agree with.
Illegal alien/immigrant. you can take your pick, the word one uses indicates their stance on the subject....

Either way they are criminals and invaders of the United States and don't deserve anything from the United States except a quick deportation back across the border.

I'll buy into this they buy their citizenship....

10 million US to file and if accepted another 10 million US for citizenship, it'll keep the trash out of America.....

Old 07-14-2011, 04:22 PM

951 posts, read 745,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
They had to have work or school sponsors, they had to have jobs lined up already...and they sure as hell passed the citizenship test in ENGLISH.
When was this? I have relatives that didn't speak English very well for their entire life. Someone else posted today that his grandparents or great grandparents never learned English, ever.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Illegal alien/immigrant. you can take your pick, the word one uses indicates their stance on the subject....

Either way they are criminals and invaders of the United States and don't deserve anything from the United States except a quick deportation back across the border.

I'll buy into this they buy their citizenship....

10 million US to file and if accepted another 10 million US for citizenship, it'll keep the trash out of America.....
How are they criminals? This is a proposal for allowing immigrants to become LEGAL citizens, dude.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
How are they criminals? This is a proposal for allowing immigrants to become LEGAL citizens, dude.
Lemme see, they crossed the border illegally, breaking American law, THAT makes them criminals..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration