U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,115,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Implying the US does do this now?
What?

Stop giving citizenship to illegals babies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 10:13 AM

1,574 posts, read 791,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Their inability to drop their third world cultural ways, the culture of having children at age 13 or 14 has serious implications for us as a nation. The very reason they couldn't make it in their own countries, having many children they could never afford is fast becoming our problem.

Coming to "improve themselves" doesn't mean they intend to avoid having babies they can't afford, but means a very improved standard of living on food stamps and the many welfare programs.

Only those who adore the two class culture can possibly like this, the elite who love having an unlimited servant class, only what they don't realize is that those USA born babies to illegals are not about to do the hard work for little pay like some of their parents and grandparents did for a short time.
Yes, please, go on.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What?

Stop giving citizenship to illegals babies?
The babies of illegals are not themselves illegal. They didn't cross the border illegally. They aren't in the country illegally. They have broken no laws at all.

The US is not giving automatic citizenship to illegals.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
This will be the U.S own demise if we don't stop giving automatic citizenship to illegals.

La Raza doesn't need a civil war if they are invading on the illegal immigration front.
They are taking over by births from illegal alien parents and high teen birthrates within their culture in this country. It is the easy and cowardly's way of doing it. That is precisely why they don't want birthright citizenship changed.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:29 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,115,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
The babies of illegals are not themselves illegal. They didn't cross the border illegally. They aren't in the country illegally. They have broken no laws at all.

The US is not giving automatic citizenship to illegals.
Point is they should not be giving it to citizens of other countries.

Their offspring should be citizens of where there parents were born.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:26 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Quote:
Point is they should not be giving it to citizens of other countries...
A baby has no other citizenship at birth when born in the United States...

What happens when an immigrant naturalizes here? Aren't they given U.S. citizenship when they had citizenship from elsewhere? They still are "Foreign Nationals" until they naturalize.

Quote:
...Their offspring should be citizens of where there parents were born.
That doesn't work for naturalized citizens at all, care to rephrase your statement?...

Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
A baby has no other citizenship at birth when born in the United States...

What happens when an immigrant naturalizes here? Aren't they given U.S. citizenship when they had citizenship from elsewhere? They still are "Foreign Nationals" until they naturalize.

That doesn't work for naturalized citizens at all, care to rephrase your statement?...
Why would he need to? I think we all know what he meant even though it wasn't phrased right.

The issue isn't naturalized citizens, it is children born from illegal alien parents on our soil. I beg to difffer, I believe Mexico recognizes children born from Mexican parents outside of their country as Mexicans also or at least it is simple for the parents to make them so. Others countries have the same policies to.

Yes, we all know from the current interpretation of the 14th that children born from illegal alien parents are recognized as U.S. citizens according to our laws now. That needs to change to at least one citizen parent being the qualifier or at least a legal resident parent. Anyone who can't see the travesty and misuse by illegal aliens to gain all the goodies of being a citizen of this country for their kids either isn't dealing in reality or has an agenda and doesn't care.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why would he need to? I think we all know what he meant even though it wasn't phrased right.
Yes, I think we all know what he REALLY meant even if he didn't want to say it.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Quote:
Why would he need to? I think we all know what he meant even though it wasn't phrased right...
It needs elaboration, because the premise is flawed as stated. I want to know whom they view as able to be a U.S. citizen by birth in the United States. You even seem to have changed from an old opinion about the gender of the parent.

Quote:
...I believe Mexico recognizes children born from Mexican parents outside of their country as Mexicans also or at least it is simple for the parents to make them so. Others countries have the same policies to...
Specifically for Mexico (not all illegal aliens are from Mexico), there can be a petition filed with a Mexican Consulate to acquire Mexican nationality from Mexican parentage...

Not citizenship, nor is it awarded automatically at birth...

Old 09-12-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It needs elaboration, because the premise is flawed as stated. I want to know whom they view as able to be a U.S. citizen by birth in the United States. You even seem to have changed from an old opinion about the gender of the parent.

Specifically for Mexico (not all illegal aliens are from Mexico), there can be a petition filed with a Mexican Consulate to acquire Mexican nationality from Mexican parentage...

Not citizenship, nor is it awarded automatically at birth...
What are you talking about that I have changed my opinion on the gender of the parent? I have always stated that at least one parent should be at the very least a legal resident but "preferably" a citizen. As for gender, I "prefer" that the mother be the qualifier but would be satisfied with either/or.

When have I ever claimed that all illegal aliens are from Mexico? I also included other countries in my last post in regards to their citizens giving birth on our soil and the right of their offspring to claim citizenship in the parent's homeland. I don't give a hoot whether it is nationality or citizenship at birth. The point is that they can take steps to become citizens of their parent's homeland pretty much with ease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or