Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

BBC News - Hispanic education in crisis

They make up 16% of the population now and will account for 29% of the population by 2050.

The issue has essentially reached a tipping point. It's harder to ignore the problems facing a minority group when they affect a third of the population.

It's also harder to solve their problems when they are growing so fast in numbers. You don't get the idea that the "hispanics" plan to pay for all the government assistance they believe they require.

We really are fast becoming another two-class Central American nation with incredible birth rates and very massive poverty.

Not only are will now unable to fix the problems of lower class Americans, the whole system is being overwhelmed by huge numbers of poverty-stricken foreigners moving in and their sky-high birth rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
I wonder what part of illegal the BBC doesn't understand......? Lets ship them over to England and let them deal with it.....

Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I wonder what part of illegal the BBC doesn't understand......? Lets ship them over to England and let them deal with it.....
The article implies we need to give all we can to the illegals moving here in very high numbers and lift them up out of their poverty and pile on more free education for them, but the only thing giving them more does is encourage many more to come and have children they can never afford here.

How do we keep paying for the impoverished of the world to come here and have their high living standards? The main problem with their education however is the laziness of the parents who refuse to prepare their children for school. Language is just one part of it.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
BBC News - Hispanic education in crisis

They make up 16% of the population now and will account for 29% of the population by 2050.

The issue has essentially reached a tipping point. It's harder to ignore the problems facing a minority group when they affect a third of the population.

It's also harder to solve their problems when they are growing so fast in numbers. You don't get the idea that the "hispanics" plan to pay for all the government assistance they believe they require.

We really are fast becoming another two-class Central American nation with incredible birth rates and very massive poverty.

Not only are will now unable to fix the problems of lower class Americans, the whole system is being overwhelmed by huge numbers of poverty-stricken foreigners moving in and their sky-high birth rates.
I couldn't have put it any better myself, and I agree completely. I'm just glad I never had kids.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:25 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,153,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I couldn't have put it any better myself, and I agree completely. I'm just glad I never had kids.
Maybe if more Americans like you had kids we wouldn't need all these illegals to come in this country.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:10 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Maybe if more Americans like you had kids we wouldn't need all these illegals to come in this country.
We don't need all these illegals to come here period.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
What?

Old 09-30-2011, 03:51 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
So you think the illegals are population replacement because Americans aren't having kids so it's o.k.?

That's about as sane as watering flowers with chocolate.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So you think the illegals are population replacement because Americans aren't having kids so it's o.k.?

That's about as sane as watering flowers with chocolate.
If that is what this person is insinuating then they need to get a grip on reality. Americans are producing at replacement rates. The birthrates in this country are still nearly double our deathrates. We have a shortage of jobs in this country with dwindling resources. Yeah, that's all we need is to promote illegal immigration into our country for population growth.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:31 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If that is what this person is insinuating then they need to get a grip on reality. Americans are producing at replacement rates. The birthrates in this country are still nearly double our deathrates. We have a shortage of jobs in this country with dwindling resources. Yeah, that's all we need is to promote illegal immigration into our country for population growth.
There is only one real solution to your dilemma: Tell all of your fellow Americans that aren't any particular ethnicity that you can complain about to have more children...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration