Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Chicagonut is on record as opposing legal AND illegal spanish-speaking immigrants (do a search for her "little havana" rant).
And of course she did this little gem a few days ago:

¨Mexicans and other illegals need to return to their homelands, not be given a pass for not following the rules¨

It made my ¨Quote of the Day¨...

And that was on a topic about a German illegal alien...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 09-18-2011 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
FYI, the fertility rate for women in this country has declined for four consecutive years according to both the CDC and the BLS.
Our birthrates are still nearly twice the number of our deathrates and the huge increases in birthrates are mostly from foreigners both here legally and illegally.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And of course she did this little gem a few days ago:

¨Mexicans and other illegals need to return to their homelands, not be given a pass for not following the rules¨

It made my ¨Quote of the Day¨...

And that was on a topic about a German illegal alien...
You and your buddy can twist my words to fit your agendas all you want. It doesn't change what I have actually said and qualified what I said.

German illegals don't fit with my statement above "Mexicans and OTHER illegals....?

Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is precisely what we have been saying. The Hispanic growth in this country is due primarily to the illegal alien birthrate.
On another thread, there was a debate about "Mexican Babies" being born in America at a high rate. One American poster living in Mexico, said it wasn't true. She couldn't believe people were coming here to make American babies.

Now she might believe CNN!!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
and God knows how easy it is for those illegal Germans to just stroll across the Atlantic Ocean!
Of course they don't "stroll", they have the Visa Waiver Program to misuse...

Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,028,585 times
Quote:
Of course they don't "stroll", they have the Visa Waiver Program to misuse...
Any stats on how often that happens, versus the "just stroll across the border" tactic that the illegal Mexicans use?

At least I don't have to press "3" for German, and our taxes aren't trying to keep up w/ all the German anchor babies popped out here...

Old 09-19-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Any stats on how often that happens, versus the "just stroll across the border" tactic that the illegal Mexicans use?
Well, from chicagonut's recently quoted article, a description specifically about the Visa Waiver Program:

"...As Americans, in the name of "National security" have been forced to surrender most of their expectations of privacy called for in the Fourth Amendment, the number of countries whose citizens are not required to apply for visas before seeking entry into the United States continually increases and today there are some 36 countries on that list for that program that endangers national security and the lives and safety of our citizens..."

It isn't "illegal Mexicans", as one is not illegal to be a nationality...

"Illegal aliens" will do just fine...

Quote:
...At least I don't have to press "3" for German, and our taxes aren't trying to keep up w/ all the German anchor babies popped out here...
They would be American Anchor Babies...

But again, it's not an ethnic or nationality thing, right?...

EDIT: If each time generically produces an illegal alien on either side, there should be equal opposition no matter where they are coming from, or how they do it...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 09-19-2011 at 09:58 PM..

Old 09-20-2011, 06:46 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,028,585 times
Quote:

It isn't "illegal Mexicans", as one is not illegal to be a nationality...

"Illegal aliens" will do just fine...

Mexicans who are here illegally.
(If it weren't mostly Mexicans, La Raza wouldn't have such a field day with our immigration laws.)
But if you want to keep pretending most of our illegals aren't from Mexico, don't let me keep you from being wrong.

They would be American Anchor Babies...
If it keeps making you happy to shell out $$$ for their education, birth costs, translation services, healthcare, etc I suppose you can call the babies whatever you like.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:54 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
If it keeps making you happy to shell out $$$ for their education, birth costs, translation services, healthcare, etc I suppose you can call the babies whatever you like.
So you don't like paying to educate other people's kids is what you're saying?

Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
Quote:
But do the lowered costs in produce, maid services, restaurants, building janitorial services, etc. make up for it? Who has determined that?

And to whom? Which segments of the population?

If MOST of the country benefits from hiring low skilled illegals, then the powers at be would be glad to throw the most uneducated Americans under the bus to help the rest of the United States. And the middle and upper classes would happily back them.

If only a select FEW benefit, then anti-illegal immigration people need to demonstrate that to get the middle and upper classes behind them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration