Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 01:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,484,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
I agree!! They should be taken to a secluded area and shot in the head and buried in a deep hole!! Consider them an invasion and deal with them as such!!
Or else something a lot less extreme. Just have them returned home.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,386,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I didn't start this "they're all criminals" blanket statement nonsense. The point is to show how ridiculous such blanket statements are. Some one to use the fact that "they're all criminals" as justification for treating them as sub-human, but they're ignoring the fact that pretty much every "real" american US citizen is ALSO "a criminal" in that everyone has broken a law at one point or another.

Huddledmasses: You are correct and I owe an apology to you as I incorrectly attributed the above quote to you. Dang I hate it when I do that!

Old 07-16-2011, 03:47 PM

827 posts, read 1,667,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or else something a lot less extreme. Just have them returned home.
It's been tried BUT somehow they just can't get it they are not allowed to jusrt waltz back over the border. As they ARE CRIMINALS the moment they cross illegally then doing any other crime is worse off. Now IF you just end it with a bullet then any of them with 1/2 a brain will get the message.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,148,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I swear....The Mayor of Boston doesn't think illegals should be deported for auto teft!

Deport illegals for auto theft? - Mayor Tom Menino (http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/morning/state-of-the-city-mayor-tom-menino-20110714 - broken link)

I really am looking forward to moving away from this state when I am financially able to do so.

It is such a pity because I was born here and I love Boston but I am done with this BS!

of course they should not be deported, at least not until they have been banded and branded. then it would be easy to pick out the criminal aliens coming back illegally.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:51 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,277,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Okay - to all the open borders types who insist we need illegals: Should they not be left illegal if we need illegals? What would be the point in legalizing them? That would only defeat the purpose in bringing this cheap labor in the first place.

No longer would they be the happy dirt-wage peons we supposedly need here.
Don't hold your breath for an answer. I also posed a question under another topic about "if" we legalized those who are felony free, not doing a job that an American would do, how about we pull equal numbers from different ethnic groups to be able to stay diversified and fair and send the rest back home? The silence was deafening.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:04 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,206,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Don't hold your breath for an answer. I also posed a question under another topic about "if" we legalized those who are felony free, not doing a job that an American would do, how about we pull equal numbers from different ethnic groups to be able to stay diversified and fair and send the rest back home? The silence was deafening.
Note that c-nuts has everyone who disagrees with her on ignore, so her posing questions to the opposition actually holds no meaning.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:20 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,155,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I didn't start this "they're all criminals" blanket statement nonsense. The point is to show how ridiculous such blanket statements are. Some one to use the fact that "they're all criminals" as justification for treating them as sub-human, but they're ignoring the fact that pretty much every "real" american US citizen is ALSO "a criminal" in that everyone has broken a law at one point or another.
How is refering to all illegals as criminals treating them as subhumans? I agree some radicals spout killem all rhetoric but not most or even many of the so called pro enforcement crowd.
How is holding them acountable for their crimes mistreating them?
The speeding analogy thats used so often. is it mistreatment to make the caught violater pay the posted fines?
What about legal citizens or residents caught commiting fraud or ID theft?
The real issue is some dont feel deportation fits the crime as a punishment inspite of the fact a legal VISA holder would more than likely be deported for any number of the crimes the average illegal commits. If one is to believe the restrictions and warnings given a person here on say a tourist VISA. Like working without the correct VISA or documentation.
What about operating a vehicle without a license or insurance?
Is it treating a legal Immigrant or VISA holder as subhuman?

Old 07-16-2011, 08:07 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,523,905 times
[quote=huddledmasses;20041380]
Quote:
Conjecture is fun. Do you have proof or evidence that they will go on to commit the crimes they committed to get work?
Do you have any proof that they won't? Other than wishful thinking, of course.

Quote:
How many legal immigrants are committing id fraud, etc right now?
Good question, since being illegal we have no way of accurately counting them. So tell me, how many are there?

Old 07-16-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
lol. ok.

Approx. 1/2 are visa overstays and already tried the legal route. I wonder if there are any stats on the numbers that actually go back when their visa expires without waiting to get deported.
You do realize that "going back" and being deported are two different things, right?

Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Note that c-nuts has everyone who disagrees with her on ignore, so her posing questions to the opposition actually holds no meaning.
And you know this as fact how? Making up things again to try to bolster your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration