U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And you know this as fact how? Making up things again to try to bolster your point?
Hm? Oh, she actually lets everyone know before she puts them on ignore, so you can keep a pretty decent tally.

 
Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And you know this as fact how? Making up things again to try to bolster your point?
Actually, I do have about 30 of this "tag team" of pro-illegals on my ignore list because of their anti-American sentiments towards Americans and American workers, their chasing their tails around with the same old arguments that keep getting debunked over and over in here with stats and their refusal to honor our immigration laws. I have no desire to debate with these anti-American haters many of whom are driven by ethnic, racism.

They are openly smearing us anti's in another forum also.
 
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,596 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post

Do you have any proof that they won't? Other than wishful thinking, of course.
I'm not the one who made the outlandish claim that they would continue committing ID fraud and stuff if they could just legally sign up for a job and not have to use a fake id. If you want to continue to make this assumption I'm going to need to see a citation or something. A stat showing all the legal aliens committing ID fraud would suffice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Good question, since being illegal we have no way of accurately counting them. So tell me, how many are there?
Huh, maybe you should l2read or something. Here I'll quote it again with the important word bolded. But since you brought it up, the Government Accountability Office report Benicar linked in this thread says it the number of illegals is approximately 10.8 million.

Quote:
How many legal immigrants are committing id fraud, etc right now?
Please try to pay attention. OK?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You do realize that "going back" and being deported are two different things, right?

Here you go failing at reading comprehension once again since I was specifically asking how many go back voluntarily after their visa expires vs. the ones that stay until they get caught.
 
Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,596 times
Reputation: 89
I never said any specific number went back voluntarily. Not once. You really need to read what you are replying to before responding. I was asking if anyone had stats showing how many do. Do you think they just all stay here when their visa expires or do some go back? Actually, I believe the numbers of illegals has gone down the last year or two because of the recession.
 
Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I'm not the one who made the outlandish claim that they would continue committing ID fraud and stuff if they could just legally sign up for a job and not have to use a fake id. If you want to continue to make this assumption I'm going to need to see a citation or something. A stat showing all the legal aliens committing ID fraud would suffice.




Huh, maybe you should l2read or something. Here I'll quote it again with the important word bolded. But since you brought it up, the Government Accountability Office report Benicar linked in this thread says it the number of illegals is approximately 10.8 million.

Please try to pay attention. OK?





Here you go failing at reading comprehension once again since I was specifically asking how many go back voluntarily after their visa expires vs. the ones that stay until they get caught.
A prime example of tap dancing from a pro illegal. Make sure not to answer any question directly and try really hard to redirect the discussion to cover your dodge.
 
Old 07-16-2011, 09:39 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,596 times
Reputation: 89
Huh? What question did I dodge exactly? I asked someone a question and haven't got a response from one single person yet lol. You just asked a bunch of questions back in response to my original question which basically just showed us all that you didn't/couldn't read what I wrote.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 03:07 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Don't hold your breath for an answer. I also posed a question under another topic about "if" we legalized those who are felony free, not doing a job that an American would do, how about we pull equal numbers from different ethnic groups to be able to stay diversified and fair and send the rest back home? The silence was deafening.
Why would they want that? Nobody care about the illegals from outside Mexico, Central and South America. Nobody wants an illegal that is working a high paying job to stay here. Why? It would be too much of a threat to those who defend them so fervently.

It is very easy to come here and play the sympathy card. Wait until you lose your g'damn job so that an illegal alien can take it and we will see how "unfair" it is to deport them and even keep them from coming here.

Don't worry.. When my daughter is old enough to understand things, I am gonna tell her we are on Welfare because her daddy's construction job was "taken" away by someone who just wanted a better life! Someone who wanted a better life so badly that he/she made the choice to bypass all of our immigration laws to come here...as if he/she were special enough to think they were entitled to be here. I am sure my family is not the only one growing through this bull crap.

I guess my SO is not brown enough for a construction job anymore. Or even a Fast Food job anymore. Oh yeah, nevermind! Those are just some of the jobs Americans won't do. Silly me, I almost forgot...

I have never supported illegal immigration because I know what my relatives had to go through to come and live here legally. And I don't understand how someone in their right mind would be okay with the invasion that is taking place. It is disgusting.

Like you, I also have a few folks on my ignore list. I just can't deal with the never ending nonsense and the constant sympathy card being thrown on the table. It just frustrates me more than I could ever put in words.

I am embarrassed to say I live in Massachusetts... That I was born here and I pay taxes in this frickin state. Our governor is an illegal alien lover and now the mayor "mumbles Menino" won't shut his trap about illegal immigration. The people in this state are getting sick of it and many have already left the state. I can't wait til it's my turn.

My SO needs a car. He could try and steal one but that would land him in jail because he is American. He would have to pay for his crime.


But noooooo. An illegal could commit the exact same crime and some of you would still feel sorry for him.

Yeah I forget. There are 2 set of laws in this country. One that we must follow and if we don't, we pay for it. The other one... Well, you can pick and choose the ones to abide by... But you are only given that privilege if you are here illegally.


This country is soooooooo awesome!
 
Old 07-17-2011, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I swear....The Mayor of Boston doesn't think illegals should be deported for auto teft!

Deport illegals for auto theft? - Mayor Tom Menino (http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/morning/state-of-the-city-mayor-tom-menino-20110714 - broken link)

I really am looking forward to moving away from this state when I am financially able to do so.

It is such a pity because I was born here and I love Boston but I am done with this BS!
Love the woman who said she doesn't think stealing a car is a deportable crime. Who are these nitwits?

At any rate it's good to see that even in far left cities like Boston there is suitable outrage over this mayor's nonsense.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 08:04 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Something tells me it's simply beyond your ken.
Something tells me when you dodge a question and reply with an insult instead, it's because you know you don't have a real answer.

case in point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
What is your native language? You seem to have difficulty understanding English. Why exactly do you suppose I said that?
A pattern emerges...
 
Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
To you they're unjust, but to many they are important and should be enforced.

So if I think property rights are unjust, I should be able to take up residence in your house without your permission?
Wow, that's a horribly weak argument, did you even think about the implications of it? Let's use your argument, if I think slavery is important, I should be able to keep humans as property?

You should consider the difference. Laws preventing people from squatting are inherently different than laws concerning immigration. When someone moves from location X to location Y to look for work, we're talking about them, as a consenting adult, agreeing to work for another consenting adult. The fact that some third party doesn't consent to that transaction is, frankly, uninteresting.

When we talk about them squatting, we're talking about them doing something WITHOUT the other directly involved party's consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top