U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Reputation: 2345

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Again, there is a huge difference between individual comments and actual treatment. However, how is the referenced comment deemed offensive, or a depiction of people in a sub-human manner, while it is considered perfectly acceptable for pro-illegals to constantly accuse every person opposed to illegal immigration of being Nazis, racists, bigots, xenophobes, haters, etc? Why is it only sub-human treatment when expressed by an anti-illegal, but somehow acceptable when pro-illegals denigrate their opposition?
I would like to know this. Why is okay to tar all opponents to illegal immigration as racists but it is not okay to tar illegals in a negative light?

 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I'm pretty sure it is you grasping at anything you can. I said they wouldn't commit ID fraud and SS number theft. You still haven't shown any case stating otherwise, just some scary videos that have little to do with the topic being discussed.

Also, first you failed and said 27% were illegal, since you were called on that it's now just scary that there are 27%, legal or illegal. You still have no answer on figuring how illegals could not be under ICE jurisdiction which states that 1.6% are illegal. You can't link to any thing that tells us how to but still try to claim there are more illegals in the prison system somehow. You have no explanation for incarceration rate differences. In other words: durrrrrrrrrr.......
For the umpteenth time, what concrete evidence do you have that amnestied illegals would refrain from committing ID theft or fraud? Your opinion doesn’t count. You refuse to accept the fact that a whopping 27% of our federal prison population is comprised of non-citizens. Now, said non-citizens are either legal or illegal. Since we have no data that separates the two, we can only speculate. Either way, is it totally unacceptable for such a disproportionate number of people who are not citizens of this country to be incarcerated on taxpayers’ dime.

You can continue to try to argue on behalf of illegal aliens, but without any credible evidence, you are, and will continue to, grasp at straws. You cannot refute the facts.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:34 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post

You turn adults into children who simply aren't capable of adhering to basic social norms including obeying laws. That's highly insulting to them.
No, we do not. I mean, has anyone even loosely implied this? I am pretty sure almost every illegal would be fully capable of obeying the law. Just like you and I could, if we felt the urge, go through the rest of our lives without jaywalking or loitering. But we won't, right? Why IS that?
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Why do you and your little friends keep denying that illegal immigration has consequences? Illegal immigration hurts our society in many ways including educationally, fiscally and environmentally. Comparing their decision to immigrate with our poverty stricken peoples is ridiculous. We have a responsibility to our poor people that we do not have to every poor person in the world. To claim otherwise is to single out a handful of Americans and place insane burdens on them and them alone.

The only people who dehumanize illegals are you and your fellow illegal advocates. You refuse to hold them responsible for their own behavior and thus utterly infantilize them. Americans should learn Spanish but illegals have no responsibility to learn English. Illegals can seek a better life for themselves for Americans cannot protest when that seeking hurts them lest they be declared racists. Illegals can disobey laws if the laws hurt them but Americans can never change the laws to hurt illegals. La Raza and Latino advocacy for illegals are okay but protests against identity politics are racist.

You turn adults into children who simply aren't capable of adhering to basic social norms including obeying laws. That's highly insulting to them.
This is what I have never understood. They whine about the treatment of illegal aliens. Yet, they treat them like idiots who are too stupid to assimilate, and lack the maturity to recognize right from wrong.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:37 AM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
For the umpteenth time, what concrete evidence do you have that amnestied illegals would refrain from committing ID theft or fraud?
I'm not the one that originally made the claim that they will continue to commit crimes. You did. I asked for proof which no one has provided yet. I then asked if you had any stats on how many legals continue to commit ID fraud or SS # theft. Actually, I didn't even ask you, I just said I wondered if any such stats exist. It seems kind of slanderous to make this claim without proof. You don't care though do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You can continue to try to argue on behalf of illegal aliens, but without any credible evidence, you are, and will continue to, grasp at straws. You cannot refute the facts.

Ummmmm....... my "opinion" actually comes from two government links lol. Are you going to refute the incarceration rates or the ICE figures? I mean, you haven't provided one link or argument refuting these two "opinions" I quoted word for word from gov't websites at all rofl.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No, we do not. I mean, has anyone even loosely implied this? I am pretty sure almost every illegal would be fully capable of obeying the law. Just like you and I could, if we felt the urge, go through the rest of our lives without jaywalking or loitering. But we won't, right? Why IS that?
Please stop these asinine comparisons between illegal immigration and jaywalking/tickets. It only makes you look juvenile and foolish.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is what I have never understood. They whine about the treatment of illegal aliens. Yet, they treat them like idiots who are too stupid to assimilate, and lack the maturity to recognize right from wrong.
No, that's what you treat them like. We believe they assimilate faster than you claim they do (we also generally are claiming that it doesn't matter much). No one here has ever said illegals can't recognize right from wrong except for your side. This is basically 100% projection.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I'm not the one that originally made the claim that they will continue to commit crimes. You did. I asked for proof which no one has provided yet. I then asked if you had any stats on how many legals continue to commit ID fraud or SS # theft. Actually, I didn't even ask you, I just said I wondered if any such stats exist. It seems kind of slanderous to make this claim without proof. You don't care though do you?




Ummmmm....... my "opinion" actually comes from two government links lol. Are you going to refute the incarceration rates or the ICE figures? I mean, you haven't provided one link or argument refuting these two "opinions" from gov't websites at all rofl.
Sorry, but I am not clairvoyant. Hence, I cannot predict the future behavior of the untold millions of illegal aliens IF they were amnestied. Nor can you. However, you continue to ignore the fact that 27% of our federal prison population is comprised of non-citizens. Why don’t you address this issue? Or, are you afraid?

I posted a report and link to the GAO data on incarcerated non-citizens. Again, if you have another report that is more current or concise, please share.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No, that's what you treat them like. We believe they assimilate faster than you claim they do (we also generally are claiming that it doesn't matter much). No one here has ever said illegals can't recognize right from wrong except for your side. This is basically 100% projection.
If they are assimilating so quickly, why are we spending billions annually on Spanish translators/interpreters? And, if they are capable of recognizing right from wrong, yet continue to violate our laws, would that not indicate a propensity for criminal behavior?
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If they are assimilating so quickly, why are we spending billions annually on Spanish translators/interpreters? And, if they are capable of recognizing right from wrong, yet continue to violate our laws, would that not indicate a propensity for criminal behavior?
How long does it take you to forget what we're talking about? You JUST accused us of believing that illegals were too dumb to assimilate. I siad no, we don't believe that, we believe they assimilate faster than you believe they do. You then post this, proving my point. How hard is it to discuss a single issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top