U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2011, 12:55 PM
 
951 posts, read 314,760 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
However, you continue to ignore the fact that 27% of our federal prison population is comprised of non-citizens. Why don’t you address this issue? Or, are you afraid?
I'm not addressing this at this time because it is off topic and has nothing to do with illegal aliens over representing the prison population unless you are going to let us know how to know how many of that 27% are illegals. Remember you first tried to claim that all 27% were illegal lol. If you want to discuss legal immigration perhaps start a thread in the legal immigration section.

BTW, If you believe this somehow shows that legal immigrants are more apt to commit crime as well are you also against legal immigration?

Last edited by huddledmasses; 07-17-2011 at 02:13 PM..

 
Old 07-17-2011, 03:03 PM
 
47,585 posts, read 35,961,238 times
Reputation: 21593
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I'm not addressing this at this time because it is off topic and has nothing to do with illegal aliens over representing the prison population unless you are going to let us know how to know how many of that 27% are illegals. Remember you first tried to claim that all 27% were illegal lol. If you want to discuss legal immigration perhaps start a thread in the legal immigration section.

BTW, If you believe this somehow shows that legal immigrants are more apt to commit crime as well are you also against legal immigration?
One of my former neighbors got deported because he was in a brawl at the local bar that caters to illegals.

He's okay with it actually, he says he's staying in Mexico now because he'd rather work his own farm in his own country than be some low paid farm hand for someone else.

Do you think it was really terrible that he was deported? The guy himself doesn't think so.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 05:24 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 1,262,041 times
Reputation: 2334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No, we do not. I mean, has anyone even loosely implied this? I am pretty sure almost every illegal would be fully capable of obeying the law. Just like you and I could, if we felt the urge, go through the rest of our lives without jaywalking or loitering. But we won't, right? Why IS that?
Oh yes you do. Constantly. Your side constantly insults Americans. We don't speak Spanish. We don't work hard enough. We're lazy. We're racists. We're nationalists. We're stupid and self centered and we can't compete in a global economy.

Meanwhile illegals who don't speak English well they're just working too hard to learn it. Illegals who come here eight months pregnant well they're just unicorns who don't exist. Illegals who hold up Mexican flags well their nationalism is okay but American nationalism is evil.

There's a huge double standard here.

One group -- American citizens -- are expected at all times to adhere to laws, learn another language and gleefully welcome strangers even when they overcrowd schools and grab social services needed by many Americans. That group is not allowed to be nationalistic lest they get labeled racist. They aren't allowed to stand up for their own self interest in the slightest. Meanwhile another group of people are not expected to do anything at all.

Your comparison continues in an even more ridiculous vein. Jaywalking is not the same thing as forging documents, driving without licensure or insurance and not paying taxes. Most illegals commit these crimes. They have no other choice or they cannot survive here economically.

Why do you let them off the hook for such crimes? You treat them like children. Why? How is that not ludicrously racist? Is it because you simply expect that brown people are too dumb to adhere to social norms that most people in this world manage just fine? Why do you hate Mexicans so much that you turn them into little kids who just can't be bothered to respect fully agreed upon boundaries and borders let alone employment or motor vehicle laws?

I really wonder sometimes . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is what I have never understood. They whine about the treatment of illegal aliens. Yet, they treat them like idiots who are too stupid to assimilate, and lack the maturity to recognize right from wrong.
Exactly. There's this whole belief that illegals are just stupid people who can't be bothered to act like mature adults.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 05:29 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 263,112 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but I am not clairvoyant. Hence, I cannot predict the future behavior of the untold millions of illegal aliens IF they were amnestied.
So you're withdrawing your unsubstantiated claim that they would commit all these crimes then?
 
Old 07-17-2011, 06:04 PM
 
828 posts, read 809,413 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
That's not the claim.

The claim is that people on this forum go out of their way to characterize illegals in such a way that allows them to be portrayed as less than human.

I mean, imagine any other topic where some group is being discussed. That groups members committed a crime that inherently affects no one else [effects NO ONE else? let me see MANY who enter illegally ARE criminals BEFORE they enter this country! They STEAL Social Security numbers to get ID's to work or to get welfare YOUR and MY tax money!!] and in practice, at worst, is a financial drain the produces the same problems that native poor populations do.[Maybe but it's OUR people doing it in OUR country!] Imagine that someone came out and suggested summary execution for those people. What would the response be? [CHEERS more then likely as most are getting "except for the few retards" sick of this drain on the resourse.]Here it was (I believe malamute) saying, in essence, "well that's a little strong." There was no outcry. If someone said "poor Americans should be executed," that thread would explode with outrage. And rightly so. So maybe you should ponder why that didn't happen.
I tell you i'm all in favor of the death penalty NATIONWIDE for things like rape, muder, and drug dealing[and maybe a few others out there].

Apparently the word ILLEGAL is not part of yours and many others vocabulary. I guess you don't understand the ideas of BORDERS. I guess you and others feel it's okey dokey to cross from country to country whenever OR whereever you desire. IF you feel that way try, JUST TRY crossing into MEXICO some night without going thru channels and see how far you get and see how YOU find THEIR prisons [I think you'll see ours are a whole lot better,we coddle them here]

The trouble is [and many will never get this thru their cement heads] THEY ARE INVADERS plain and simple!!! They scoff at laws or any idea of decency. They will break into YOUR house, eat the food YOU buy, steal YOUR property, Rape YOUR womenfolk. and LAUGH about you stupid gringos.

They will lie and get a car [if not steal it outright] drive around qithout a license or insurance ignoring the laws of the road [again they scoff they have no use for such laws] they kill people or mutilate them and only get a slap on the wrist spend some time in jail a cot and 3 squares a day then get sent back to Mexico and then turn right around cross over AGAIN and start all over AGAIN. AND SOME OF YOU NUMBNUTS WILL BE OUT THERE SUPPORTING THEM!!!!
 
Old 07-17-2011, 07:19 PM
 
4,360 posts, read 3,672,996 times
Reputation: 3858
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Wow, that's a horribly weak argument, did you even think about the implications of it? Let's use your argument, if I think slavery is important, I should be able to keep humans as property?

You should consider the difference. Laws preventing people from squatting are inherently different than laws concerning immigration. When someone moves from location X to location Y to look for work, we're talking about them, as a consenting adult, agreeing to work for another consenting adult. The fact that some third party doesn't consent to that transaction is, frankly, uninteresting.

When we talk about them squatting, we're talking about them doing something WITHOUT the other directly involved party's consent.
Talk about weak argument, comparing slavery to enforcement of immigration laws. Show us where the immigration laws in any way promote the sub-human treatment of the illegals.

ID theft, unlicensed drivers, unisured motorists, etc... Oh yes, an argument can be made in comparing a squatter to an illegal immigrant.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 263,112 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Talk about weak argument, comparing slavery to enforcement of immigration laws.
So your argument isn't about "what's important" to you? Because if that IS your argument (as you said) then it doesn't matter if I'm comparing slavery or prohibition or any other law. Your argument was the fact that a law was "important" (in your opinion), ergo they should be enforced.

So make up your mind.

Quote:
ID theft, unlicensed drivers, unisured motorists, etc... Oh yes, an argument can be made in comparing a squatter to an illegal immigrant.
There's a super-easy solution if those are the crimes you're really worried about.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 10,289,255 times
Reputation: 2984
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So you're withdrawing your unsubstantiated claim that they would commit all these crimes then?
Unless you or someone else can provide evidence to the contrary, then yes, I do believe most will continue to flout our laws. As I previously mentioned, you cannot easily change a culture of corruption. After all, lawlessness is essentially ALL they know. If you believe their behavior will suddenly change simply due to the passage of a law, you are living in a fantasy world.

Morality cannot be legislated. Nor can we reprogram illegals to respect our laws, or our country. Naturally, there will be a few rare exceptions, but generally, they will remain scofflaws and parasites. Bear in mind, they are not the cream of the crop.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:06 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 263,112 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unless you or someone else can provide evidence to the contrary, then yes, I do believe most will continue to flout our laws. As I previously mentioned, you cannot easily change a culture of corruption.
So if we passed a law making it illegal for people with blond hair to read, and those people continued to read in secret anyway, do you think they (seeing as they would now be "criminals" and be living in a "culture of corruption") would suddenly be MORE likely to steal, rape, murder, etc?

And if we then repealed the law so that they could legally read again, would they then continue stealing, raping, murdering, etc at their new elevated level because it's too hard to change their culture?
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:10 PM
 
148 posts, read 20,253 times
Reputation: 24
Those people would be parasites on the non blond population. Leeching knowledge from good hard working non blonds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top