U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,897,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So if we passed a law making it illegal for people with blond hair to read, and those people continued to read in secret anyway, do you think they (seeing as they would now be "criminals" and be living in a "culture of corruption") would suddenly be MORE likely to steal, rape, murder, etc?

And if we then repealed the law so that they could legally read again, would they then continue stealing, raping, murdering, etc at their new elevated level because it's too hard to change their culture?
This “analogy” is much too ridiculous to even dignify. Try again.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:59 AM

4,126 posts, read 4,355,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Something tells me when you dodge a question and reply with an insult instead, it's because you know you don't have a real answer.

case in point:

A pattern emerges...
The answer was already stated as simply as I know how. I'm not a 2nd grade English teacher nor am I trained in remedial education and your failure to comprehend simple concepts is not my concern. To be honest I simply can't dumb it down enough to make the answer within your grasp. I have tried to use small words and simple sentences to make it easier to no avail. It's clear from your replies that you are having difficulty understanding what many people are saying and it's obviously angering you.

I had at first assumed your lack of understanding was because English was your second language. Apparently I was mistaken. For that I am not sorry but you have my pity.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:14 AM

148 posts, read 67,223 times
lol at Joe assuming English is anyone's second language.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:49 AM

321 posts, read 307,118 times
wow all the bleeding heart *******s should adopt all the illegals and house, feed, and cloth them.

EZ solution, amirite.

*******s are the death of america

Old 07-18-2011, 01:55 AM

Your views are new and interesting. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:31 AM

4,126 posts, read 4,355,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
lol at Joe assuming English is anyone's second language.
If you were to examine the sentence structure of your above quoted sentence, it should be clear why I made such an assumption.

Sometimes it's just too easy.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
If you were to examine the sentence structure of your above quoted sentence, it should be clear why I made such an assumption.

Sometimes it's just too easy.
Feel free to expound on how exactly you determine who speaks a second language and how.

Hint: Errors in grammar and spelling aren't enough

Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Yac

5,885 posts, read 6,334,543 times
I was going to delete some of the comments, but then as it turned out something like 80% of this thread is off topic/trolling/personal attacks. So I won't bother, instead I'm going to close it.
I just hope that maybe some day you will stop using double standards, ignoring uncomfortable questions and attempt to ridicule your "opponents" and instead actually try to discuss. Like adults. Not angry children.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration