U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:44 AM

300 posts, read 195,846 times

Advertisements

What a few misguided posters refuse to believe is that entering the U.S. is not a RIGHT, it is a PRIVILEGE, and as such, it is subject to whatever stipulations we deem necessary.

The fact is the country is overpopulated as it is, and ALL forms of immigration should be stopped for at least a period of 10 years, if not more.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:44 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,248,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Can we start referring to Cindy as criminal Cindy since she obviously has committed crimes before?
"criminal Cindy". That's a new one.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:46 AM

951 posts, read 617,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
The fact is the country is overpopulated as it is,
It is? I don't think you've seen an overpopulated country.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:50 AM

300 posts, read 195,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
It is? I don't think you've seen an overpopulated country.
Actually I have (India), but that is an entirely different story.

To put it bluntly, this country simply cannot absorb the millions upon millions that continue to come here. The strains on the economy and infrastructure would result in a reduced standard of living for everyone, lower wages, and higher crime rates.

The borders need to be closed to ALL immigrants for at least a decade, hopefully longer.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:53 AM

1,574 posts, read 792,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Whoa big fellah!

Let's start with the criminal aspect first and then deal with the humanitarian aspect after we establish if illegal aliens are; or are not "criminals".

My understanding may be off here but, if they are in the country illegally as in "illegal aliens"; does this not make them 'criminals' by default?

The formality of actually prosecuting them and sentencing aside; because you haven't rounded them all up and put them through the court process doesn't mitigate the fact that upwards of 11 million of them are breaking the laws imposed by your founding fathers, and subsequent duly elected representatives and are thus "criminals". Agreed?

"Treating them as sub-human": This one is far easier to deal with. How is taking them to task for breaking your laws and categorizing them verbally deemed sub-human? Were you ever called a less than flattering name while going through that great morale builder known as the "public school system"? I mean c'mon now; did you characterise this as being sub-human treatment?

Your point is not made adequately to pass any litmus test of "rediculous" but rather shows the problem with the political correctness permeating the vote greedy times we are now in.

Laws are being broken that would deem them to be criminals but instead they are given a pass whereas, you yourself have postulated a case that like 'speeding' they should be given a ticket just as any other law breaker and hence be deemed a criminal. Yes or no?
You're missing the point. Go back to the statement that started this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem with illegals is that will also ignore any law that isn't convenient for them.
As I said then, this isn't a problem with illegals. It's a problem with criminals. It applies to US citizens who break the law. After all, why do speeders and jaywalkers speed and jaywalk? Because it's convenient for them to ignore those laws.

Agree or disagree?

From there, malamute went on with his handwringing about "community safety". But he doesn't seem to be up at night worried about all the US-born criminals, and he probably unknowingly sees and interacts with more of those than illegal aliens on a daily basis.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 AM

4,126 posts, read 4,342,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
That's not a problem with illegals. That's a problem with criminals. The vast majority of illegals are only ignoring a very, very small subset of laws. And that subset happens to be made up of laws that are unjust.
So, the law that says I can't just come into your house and eat your food and sleep in your bed is unjust?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:58 AM

148 posts, read 66,861 times
In case people didn't know Joe is talking about a metaphorical bed and metaphorical food.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:58 AM

951 posts, read 617,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
So, the law that says I can't just come into your house and eat your food and sleep in your bed is unjust?
So you actually have illegal aliens living in your house and eating your food? Here I thought they rented apartments and worked and such.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:01 AM

4,126 posts, read 4,342,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So you actually have illegal aliens living in your house and eating your food? Here I thought they rented apartments and worked and such.
Could one of you people just answer a question instead of building straw men?
Are you really that limited?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:02 AM

16,813 posts, read 9,544,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
What a few misguided posters refuse to believe is that entering the U.S. is not a RIGHT, it is a PRIVILEGE, and as such, it is subject to whatever stipulations we deem necessary.

The fact is the country is overpopulated as it is, and ALL forms of immigration should be stopped for at least a period of 10 years, if not more.
No kidding!

All of this stuff makes me want to shout: "Would you tolerate this crap if the demographic we were talking about was 11 million Canadians"?

You're wearing of rose coloured glasses and willingness to accept this is simply because it's convenient to put a humanitarian face on these people as "escaping poverty" or "bettering themselves" or because you're one of them.

How would you react to 11 million border crashers from the "great white north" coming down to enter your job market? How would both segments of your population, legal or illegals, react to that little conundrum?

Would all of you "illegals have rights" folks tolerate the entrance into your job market of a bunch of folks with a higher level of education (than your basic illegal) and predominantly white anglo saxon background, simply turn a blind eye to once again be charitable and scream "but they're not criminals"?

I don't believe that for one second and, further: I'll go on record right now as saying that would prove the lie to all of your so-called compassionate bullcrap. You're being tolerant because it's convenient and a "makes me feel superior" panacea only! Truth is; if they were all coming from your northern border instead; You and all of the rest of your bleeding hearts would be lined up with pitch forks screaming "kill the illegals" because it would be YOUR jobs at stake.

You so called compassionate folks are so patently tranparent it's almost sickening to behold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration