U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2011, 11:03 AM
 
148 posts, read 67,223 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Could one of you people just answer a question instead of building straw men?
Are you really that limited?
people can sleep in your metaphorical bed and eat all your metaphorical food all they want. It's your actual bed they can't sleep in and your actual food they can't eat.

 
Old 07-15-2011, 11:04 AM
 
951 posts, read 620,808 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Could one of you people just answer a question instead of building straw men?
Are you really that limited?

Wait. Who is building straw men? Are there or are there not illegal immigrants living in your apartment, or anyone's apartment eating their food?
 
Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 AM
 
403 posts, read 282,522 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yet you want them granted a free pass.
Yours is the strawman.
QF Lulz
 
Old 07-15-2011, 11:30 AM
 
951 posts, read 620,808 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No kidding!

All of this stuff makes me want to shout: "Would you tolerate this crap if the demographic we were talking about was 11 million Canadians"?

You're wearing of rose coloured glasses and willingness to accept this is simply because it's convenient to put a humanitarian face on these people as "escaping poverty" or "bettering themselves" or because you're one of them.

How would you react to 11 million border crashers from the "great white north" coming down to enter your job market? How would both segments of your population, legal or illegals, react to that little conundrum?

Would all of you "illegals have rights" folks tolerate the entrance into your job market of a bunch of folks with a higher level of education (than your basic illegal) and predominantly white anglo saxon background, simply turn a blind eye to once again be charitable and scream "but they're not criminals"?

I don't believe that for one second and, further: I'll go on record right now as saying that would prove the lie to all of your so-called compassionate bullcrap. You're being tolerant because it's convenient and a "makes me feel superior" panacea only! Truth is; if they were all coming from your northern border instead; You and all of the rest of your bleeding hearts would be lined up with pitch forks screaming "kill the illegals" because it would be YOUR jobs at stake.

You so called compassionate folks are so patently tranparent it's almost sickening to behold.

It's cute that you are trying to label us as racist against whites or something, but I would feel the same way I do now. Apparently you would feel differently though I guess? Many of us compete with foreign workers in our work place already.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 11:33 AM
 
403 posts, read 282,522 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No kidding!

All of this stuff makes me want to shout: "Would you tolerate this crap if the demographic we were talking about was 11 million Canadians"?

You're wearing of rose coloured glasses and willingness to accept this is simply because it's convenient to put a humanitarian face on these people as "escaping poverty" or "bettering themselves" or because you're one of them.

How would you react to 11 million border crashers from the "great white north" coming down to enter your job market? How would both segments of your population, legal or illegals, react to that little conundrum?

Would all of you "illegals have rights" folks tolerate the entrance into your job market of a bunch of folks with a higher level of education (than your basic illegal) and predominantly white anglo saxon background, simply turn a blind eye to once again be charitable and scream "but they're not criminals"?

I don't believe that for one second and, further: I'll go on record right now as saying that would prove the lie to all of your so-called compassionate bullcrap. You're being tolerant because it's convenient and a "makes me feel superior" panacea only! Truth is; if they were all coming from your northern border instead; You and all of the rest of your bleeding hearts would be lined up with pitch forks screaming "kill the illegals" because it would be YOUR jobs at stake.

You so called compassionate folks are so patently tranparent it's almost sickening to behold.
Psychological projection
 
Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 796,749 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
So, the law that says I can't just come into your house and eat your food and sleep in your bed is unjust?
Please explain how you get from me saying "this set of laws is unjust" to me believing "some other law that isn't in that set is unjust"
 
Old 07-15-2011, 11:52 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,403,633 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I'm not kidding.

Violently interfering with my decisions as to who I do business with is unjust.

Telling people they can't come here to work unless they jump through a bunch of arbitrary hoops, most of which they aren't even allowed to jump through even if they want to, is 100% unjust.

The fact that people have to use a bogus ID number because a bunch of bozos somewhere else demand people have one to work, and then prohibit some people from getting one is unjust. Is this "fraud"? Yes, in a technical sense. Who is actually harmed by it, though? We're talking about victimless crimes here that mostly exist just so certain people can be discriminated against, excluded and marginalized. That's unjust.
You can't do business with anyone you please. You certainly can't hire a six year old or a pedophile to work in a daycare center. Social security numbers are essential to help determine many aspects of employment in our society including taxes owed and benefits accrued. Anyone who makes one up is helping to destroy workplace protections that exist for a reason.

Why are you and your little friends so opposed to any sort of workplace protections? Or any limits on employers?

Excluding certain people from our workforce is not discrimination. Said people would not marginalized if they adhere to basic responsible norms in their own society such as not dropping out of high school and fathering children they cannot afford to support. It is unjust to hold Americans responsible for fixing their failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Hey, if you have any proof that these people would continue to commit these crimes if they were given an easier legal option to enter and work I'm willing to read it. I don't think you do though. You just like to generalize and make **** up.
Americans do not owe high school drop outs from Mexico who don't speak English the right to come to our country and work under the table. Are there any laws you and your friends believe should be enforced at all? Or just those that benefit foreign nationals at American taxpayer expense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So you actually have illegal aliens living in your house and eating your food? Here I thought they rented apartments and worked and such.
They live in my country without permission. They have children and demand we feed them with food stamps.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 12:00 PM
 
951 posts, read 620,808 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Americans do not owe high school drop outs from Mexico who don't speak English the right to come to our country and work under the table. Are there any laws you and your friends believe should be enforced at all? Or just those that benefit foreign nationals at American taxpayer expense?
So that's a no on providing any information showing that they would commit these crimes with easier legal options mixed in with some more made up stuff and straw men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
They live in my country without permission. They have children and demand we feed them with food stamps.
And another no to the question on whether they are actually living in people's apartments and eating their food.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,403,633 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So that's a no on providing any information showing that they would commit these crimes with easier legal options mixed in with some more made up stuff and straw men.



And another no to the question on whether they are actually living in people's apartments and eating their food.
The purpose of our immigration laws is to make life easier for Americans. The purpose of our immigration laws is not to make it easier for unskilled, non-English speakers to come here and get jobs and welfare so they can support themselves on such low earnings.

I am sorry you believe otherwise. I am also sorry you believe that said unskilled foreign nationals have the right to break our laws until we change them to suit their economic needs.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
 
17,287 posts, read 25,103,836 times
Reputation: 8538
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So that's a no on providing any information showing that they would commit these crimes with easier legal options mixed in with some more made up stuff and straw men.



And another no to the question on whether they are actually living in people's apartments and eating their food.

A metaphor, no?

Do you have a right to restrict entry into your home? Do you have the right to allow only invited guests and roommates into your home?

Should non-invited guests, looking for an upgrade in living conditions, be allowed to move into your home without your express consent or permission?

If not, why not? I'm sure you have plenty of space in your home to accomodate the needs of several third world immigrants. Would you allow a family to move into a spare bedroom without your permission? It would be unjust for you to deny them the opportunity, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top