U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-14-2011, 07:27 PM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times
Reputation: 3583

Advertisements

I swear....The Mayor of Boston doesn't think illegals should be deported for auto teft!

Deport illegals for auto theft? - Mayor Tom Menino (http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/morning/state-of-the-city-mayor-tom-menino-20110714 - broken link)

I really am looking forward to moving away from this state when I am financially able to do so.

It is such a pity because I was born here and I love Boston but I am done with this BS!

 
Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Well -- after all the illegal stealing the cars was only trying to improve himself, get ahead in life.
 
Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 16,847,914 times
Reputation: 7619
The mayor (a Democrat of course) tries to excuse his way out of this with the old obama trick:
Quote:
I didn't have the luxury of a teleprompter
Another Democrat who is brainless, requires speechwriters and cares more about illegal aliens than the rights and property of American citizens....

I guess he's up for re-election and is pandering for the hispanic vote?
 
Old 07-14-2011, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
C’mon guys, give him a break. After all, grand theft auto is only a felony. It’s even a popular video game. Let ICE focus on the “real” criminals.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,408,714 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I swear....The Mayor of Boston doesn't think illegals should be deported for auto teft!

Deport illegals for auto theft? - Mayor Tom Menino (http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/morning/state-of-the-city-mayor-tom-menino-20110714 - broken link)
I think Mayor Menino has the wrong idea of secure communities. Even illegals don't want to be surrounded by people that steal in the community. They also look forward to a secure community and if those that steal aren't deportable, how safe do they feel calling the police to report a robbery?

I'm glad it was cleared up for him.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 07:07 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I think Mayor Menino has the wrong idea of secure communities. Even illegals don't want to be surrounded by people that steal in the community. They also look forward to a secure community and if those that steal aren't deportable, how safe do they feel calling the police to report a robbery?

I'm glad it was cleared up for him.
The problem with illegals is that will also ignore any law that isn't convenient for them. They do think it's okay to steal someone's identity, use a stolen social security card to take a job that an American citizen would be happy to have. Document fraud is also a felony crime which illegals think is perfectly acceptable. Even crossing the border with a laser visa card is a felony crime that many illegals don't blink an eye doing.

And how safe is a community when the foreigners coming in have not gone through any legal process, no background checks, many false names and aliases, a very transient type of people continually moving in.

Of course not all illegals are violent criminals, some are quite harmless but the whole problem with millions of people just coming in however they please, even using the cartels' smuggling rings to bring them in, promotes and enriches the cartels.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 08:10 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem with illegals is that will also ignore any law that isn't convenient for them.
That's not a problem with illegals. That's a problem with criminals. The vast majority of illegals are only ignoring a very, very small subset of laws. And that subset happens to be made up of laws that are unjust.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 08:14 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Reputation: 26656
The mayor of Boston is an idiot. Or a traitor. Or both.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 08:24 AM
 
574 posts, read 1,342,191 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
That's not a problem with illegals. That's a problem with criminals. The vast majority of illegals are only ignoring a very, very small subset of laws. And that subset happens to be made up of laws that are unjust.
WHAT??? You're kidding right??

Are the immigration laws "unjust"??? Is identity fraud to obtain a job, services, hospital care, rental or home purchase, etc., etc. unjust?? Are the laws to properly train to drive a motor vehicle, become licensed to drive it, and carry liability insurance to protect someone else from their stupid mistakes unjust??

Take a minute to consider what you posted!
 
Old 07-15-2011, 08:26 AM
 
574 posts, read 1,342,191 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I guess he's up for re-election and is pandering for the hispanic vote?
Unfortunately all of the politicians are doing it. They don't want to **** off anyone except the honest American citizen. They don't much care about us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top