U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 10:12 PM

148 posts, read 66,706 times

Advertisements

Mexican food is terrible north of Texas and California anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 10:28 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Mexican food is terrible north of Texas and California anyways.
No worries, you can just make Chicagonut's recipe at home.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:52 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,122,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh dear, now where will people eat?

Mexican National Sentenced to Nearly Four Years in Prison | WKBW News 7: News, Sports, Weather | Buffalo, NY | Crime Report

Simon Banda-Mireles, 50, aka Jorge DeLarco, a native and citizen of Mexico, also must pay restitution in the amount of $239,089 to 15 illegal aliens who worked for him. Previously, the defendant had agreed to forfeit money and property valued at $70,009 to the government.

"Today the leader of a criminal organization received both a significant sentence and financial penalty for using illegal alien labor to operate seven Mexican restaurants throughout New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia," said Lev J. Kubiak, special agent in charge of ICE HSI in Buffalo.
The guy was closed down way back and the restaurants here still sit empty. They are worth more than the $70K. I resent the fact we have property on the county tax rolls here not getting taxes paid ( probably go to auction now that he is sentenced). I also resent the fact we have to pay for his incarceration.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:39 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,411,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
no worries, you can just make chicagonut's recipe at home.
lol... ... You forgot "with a twist".

Old 07-18-2011, 02:27 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,411,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I choose don't legalize them.
I respect this opinion. I don't agree with it but I do think it is far more realistic than stating that we would be able to deport 10 million. We will also have a large segment of the population uneducated and unable to contribute to the future of the country.

Quote:
According to the open borders side, we need people here illegally to do the low paying hard work kind of jobs and pay into social security and never be able to take out of it. If you legalize them, it defeats the whole purpose and their their employers would have to start over and bring in new illegals.

Plus many will self-deport, more would self-deport if they realize they aren't going to be rewarded for breaking the laws.
I dont agree with the open borders group. We are trying to get our country back on track and bringing in more illegal immigrants is counter productive. Furthermore, many will not self-deport. They didn't leave prior to the "National Walk-Out" why would they do it now? Even if there is not legalization, even if you take welfare, I guarantee, most will not leave. Studies have shown this before. They are not here because of the benefits. They are here to work.

Quote:
There are actually some illegals who would just as soon return home to the families they left behind someday. And really our social security system cannot handle millions of people who may have just showed up at age 52 starting to claim their check after just 10 years of work, or they'll claim they were here 10 years when actually they weren't.
If there were (re: 1st sentence) they would have left by now. This is one of the sad realities of illegal immigration, but it is what it is. I don't think that it is realistic for our government to issue social security benefits to someone who does not have "documented" contributions to it. I wouldn't be concerned about this. If they claim they have been here for 10 years, our government will ask for proof. Nothing is grated without proper documentation. I'm sure you know this.

Quote:
Leave them here illegally, we know Obama isn't going to do anything about the problem, but some states have plans to have immigration laws enforced. They have the option if they have no record here to return home and start over the right way, but if they are caught, it should bar them from legal reentry and legal residence.
That is a risk, I'm sure, they are willing to take. Otherwise they would have left by now.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I respect this opinion. I don't agree with it but I do think it is far more realistic than stating that we would be able to deport 10 million. We will also have a large segment of the population uneducated and unable to contribute to the future of the country.

I dont agree with the open borders group. We are trying to get our country back on track and bringing in more illegal immigrants is counter productive. Furthermore, many will not self-deport. They didn't leave prior to the "National Walk-Out" why would they do it now? Even if there is not legalization, even if you take welfare, I guarantee, most will not leave. Studies have shown this before. They are not here because of the benefits. They are here to work.

If there were (re: 1st sentence) they would have left by now. This is one of the sad realities of illegal immigration, but it is what it is. I don't think that it is realistic for our government to issue social security benefits to someone who does not have "documented" contributions to it. I wouldn't be concerned about this. If they claim they have been here for 10 years, our government will ask for proof. Nothing is grated without proper documentation. I'm sure you know this.

That is a risk, I'm sure, they are willing to take. Otherwise they would have left by now.
I guess removing the job incentive part just flew right over your head? You say they are here to work rather than the benefits. I said remove ALL of the incentives to remain here one of which is job opportunities by implementing e-verify in every workplace.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:23 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
lol... ... You forgot "with a twist".
Your lame attempt at sarcasm is duly noted. You and yours couldn't argue the fact that there are plenty of Mexican-Americans who can make authentic Mexico food, so sarcasm was all you had to come back with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or