U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 AM

2,798 posts, read 5,394,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The problem is that much of the welfare they receive is through their anchors. Birthright citizenship in its present interpreted form needs to end ASAP!
Yes, I agree with this as well. Still having a real internal battle with myself over the whole issue. On one hand, as I've recently stated, I believe that some illegals have proven themselves worth of receiving amnesty. But, on the other hand, I see American students of all ages being denied funding to attend higher education, especialy those in the older sector who are now unemployed after many years and desperately NEED new skills in order to be employable. I tried to apply for a Pell grant a few months back and was told by the person I spoke with that they were no longer accepting the Pell due to misuse of it by people who were donating Pell grants to illegal immigrants. The person who informed me of this is a long time administrative assistant at this particular school and was a friend of my mom's. Illegal immigrants cannot apply for a Pell grant, but they CAN accept one which is donated to them. I also applied for funding at the local college, due to being out of work and living on one income. I was a student at this college back in the 1980's. Again, I was turned down.

I'm just very, very thankful that I am now employed full time again. It means that in 6 months, when the lease is up, we can move into a house and get out of here! Over the last 4 or 5 months we have seen a lot of American citizens moving out because of job loses, so the property company has been accepting MORE section 8's, with a LOT of them most lkely being illegal, with only one legal family member as the actual approved applicant. Needless to say, this once quiet community has become noisy, dirty and nobody can get into any of the pools or the tennis courts because they are bringing 15 to 20 guests at a time! No, they don't actually PLAY tennis, they just allow their kids to run around on them screaming and throwing things at each other until midnight. They don't obey the pool rules and they plant their butts their at 10:00am and don't leave until nearly midnight. The laundry rooms are impossible to get into any more and are now filthy!

Like I said, I am struggling internally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 11:57 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,166,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Give every illegal alien in CA a jackhammer and a promise:

If they chisel CA off and remove it from the continental U.S., they can stay in CA.

That would solve all kinds of problems.

It seems every day California feels the need to correctly prove they are indeed the land of fruits and nuts.
Excellent!

The same should go for NYC (just the city)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or