U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lol, "true sense of the word."

No, in the "true sense of the word" they are clearly immigrants. Don't worry about checking dictionaries, that would only prove you incorrect.
Then please post up a link from the Feds to say your right and Benicar aint.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,007,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Prior to the change in the law, illegal aliens were NOT classified as immigrants, as was clearly indicated in the USCIS definition. Likewise, the term “undocumented” was not used by government agencies, prior to the infestation of political correctness. They were simply referred to as illegal aliens. Even the Supreme Court referred to them as illegal aliens, prior to Sotomayor’s assertion (surprise, surprise) that the term is offensive and discriminatory. I don’t subscribe to PC, so I will continue to call them illegal aliens.
Legal classifications =/= definitions.

But here you are admitting that EVEN BASED ON THE LEGAL CLASSIFICATION, they are immigrants.

I'm not even saying that they are not "illegal aliens." I don't think that term is technically inaccurate, so that was not my point.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:32 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,390,175 times
Quote:
So not only do you get the definition of immigrant wrong, you manage to make it clear that you don't know what an analogy is, either. lolz.

BTW recently in another thread you effectively stated that it was illegal to invite a criminal into your yard. No relevance to this thread, but I feel it's important to bring up the fact that you are a reminder away from forgetting to breathe at any given moment.
Benicar proved you wrong in this thread. An illegal is not an immigrant. Immigrant implies permanency. It implies all kinds of rights including the right to vote in our elections. Illegals are not here permanently no matter when they and their delusional supporters believe nor can they vote or drive or do one of hundreds of other things legal residents can. You cannot harbor criminals in your house. You will be in danger of arrest. I'm sorry you believe otherwise.

I'm also sorry that someone allegedly (god help us all!) studying to become a lawyer has so little respect for our laws.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:12 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,007,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Benicar proved you wrong in this thread. An illegal is not an immigrant. Immigrant implies permanency. It implies all kinds of rights including the right to vote in our elections. Illegals are not here permanently no matter when they and their delusional supporters believe nor can they vote or drive or do one of hundreds of other things legal residents can. You cannot harbor criminals in your house. You will be in danger of arrest. I'm sorry you believe otherwise.

I'm also sorry that someone allegedly (god help us all!) studying to become a lawyer has so little respect for our laws.
You have zero idea what you are talking about. Benicar admitted to being wrong in this thread, albeit without realizing what she was doing.

Go find a dictionary that agrees with you and not me (btw "permanence" does not mean what you think it means).

And, my God lololol, you CAN "harbor" criminals in your house. I can only assume you are conflating criminals and fugitives. Sad face.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:03 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,390,175 times
Quote:
You have zero idea what you are talking about. Benicar admitted to being wrong in this thread, albeit without realizing what she was doing.

Go find a dictionary that agrees with you and not me (btw "permanence" does not mean what you think it means).

And, my God lololol, you CAN "harbor" criminals in your house. I can only assume you are conflating criminals and fugitives. Sad face.
You are the one who has zero idea of what you are talking about. The only people who say immigrant and mean illegals are pandering pols. The rest of us know that an illegal is a criminal not an immigrant.

As for criminals there are all kinds of restrictions that one has when dealing with them. This includes who you cannot and cannot rent to and thus who you can and cannot allow in your house or your yard. I would expect a prospective lawyer to know this but you are clearly attending a law school in the bottom 4th of the rankings so I am not surprised you believe what you believe.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:05 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,621,295 times
Quote:
Perhaps their efforts should be focused on combating the “real” racism in Mexico, and fighting to improve their country. Then, these “immigrants” could remain in Mexico and lead prosperous lives, without being subjected to rampant racism and discrimination.
They'll just tell ya' this is mexico.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Illegal immigrants are still immigrants, as has been pointed out to you guys several times.
"Illegal" is as good an adjective as any when describing those who break immigrations laws.

Quote:
il·le·gal (-lgl)
adj.
1. Prohibited by law.
2. Prohibited by official rules: an illegal pass in football.
3. Unacceptable to or not performable by a computer: an illegal operation.
n.
An illegal immigrant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

il·legal·ly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
illegal [ɪˈliːgəl]
adj
1. forbidden by law; unlawful; illicit
2. unauthorized or prohibited by a code of official or accepted rules
n
a person who has entered or attempted to enter a country illegally
illegally adv
illegality n

Old 07-17-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Pretty clear that c-nut just admitted that illegal immigrants are obviously immigrants.
They would simply be a "type" of immigrant. That would be a "type" of immigrant no responsible person wants or supports.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And as I said it is imperative that the word "illegal" be used as an adjective to describe them. No just plain old "immigrant".
If one is indeed illegal then the use of the adjective is warranted.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:22 PM

187 posts, read 152,010 times
Quote:
And, shoplifters are still shoppers.
yes, and most are hard workers, family oriented, honest, etc. just like most anglos are. There is a large number of anglos that are pedophiles, thieves, shoplifters, serial killers, terrorists, etc, but that should not define anglos, isn't it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or