U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 PM

105 posts, read 238,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You can do it in 30 days or less.

The government offers a $5,000 bounty to anyone who identifies an illegal alien who is deported, $100,000 for information leading to employers who hire illegal aliens (and that bounty is paid by the employer) and $1 Million to any person who is bribed by an employer not to report illegal aliens (paid by the employer).

It wouldn't even take 72 hours before the illegals were stampeding for the border.

I would even take DNA from illegals, give them a life-time interdiction, and ban their descendants for 7 generations from entering the US.
It could work. I think an easier option would be announcing that the next illegal alien found will be hanged publicly and will be the regular punishment for being in this country illegally. That would cause quite a few of them to get out, although not a huge amount... That is until we call their bluff. I'd support it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 11:36 PM

1,574 posts, read 791,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymaple View Post
It could work. I think an easier option would be announcing that the next illegal alien found will be hanged publicly and will be the regular punishment for being in this country illegally. That would cause quite a few of them to get out, although not a huge amount... That is until we call their bluff. I'd support it.
Yes, I'm sure you could also create a huge decrease in speeding if you shot speeders in the head, too.

Spoiler
Remember when I said some people think of these people as subhuman and everyone acted like I was crazy?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,187,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
Things are SO bad in Georgia, that they tried some program to reduce prisoners sentences and even let some go, after picking for a season. Most of the convicts said, no. And those that did say yes they would try, didn't go back the second day, and dropped out of it.

Georgia unemployment is 9.8% higher than the national average, and our seasonal part time unemployment is around 15%.
Why would a prisoner want to pick cucumbers in the Georgia summer heat when he could sit in an air conditioned cell watching TV? If there's a choice, then why do it? Prisoners are not subject to the same whims of necessity as unemployed American's.

I don't believe using the prisoner argument exactly supports the "American's wont do it" argument at all.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:07 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,324,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Eliminate the host and the parasite will die along with it.

Wow BentBow;
that is the best analogy of this situation i have ever heard. You know what in this way, so utterly true?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:09 AM

148 posts, read 66,768 times
Nope, no dehumanizing here.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:46 AM

9,958 posts, read 7,329,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You'll have to prove that one
Prove what?

There are millions of illegals in this country? YES / NO?
Those same illegals take advantage of our social services? YES / NO?
Those same illegals regularly kill Americans? YES / NO?
Those same illegals regularly drive on our roads without proper documentation, insurance or ID? YES / NO?
Those same illegals use our ERs like free clinics raising the cost of medical care for Americans? YES / NO?

Please, I would love for you to explain a NO vote on any of those points so I can put you in your place.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:35 AM

1,574 posts, read 791,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Eliminate the host and the parasite will die along with it.
So, destroy the USA in order to get those dastardly immigrants?

Old 07-19-2011, 07:43 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
No hold the employers accountable for their crimes. make the penalty stiff enough so that its no longer cost effective or worth the risk to break the law.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm sure you could also create a huge decrease in speeding if you shot speeders in the head, too.

Spoiler
Remember when I said some people think of these people as subhuman and everyone acted like I was crazy?
Your spoiler is valid....
However imagine how much worse speeding would be if we didnt enforce the law or did it to the same degree we enforce immigration laws.
What if the fines were slight say $5.00? No deterent what so ever.
There is no need to kill the criminals simply hold them accountable when they are caught.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 AM

9,958 posts, read 7,329,435 times
Quote:
Who said anything about destroying the USA? We need to secure our borders and I mean really secure our borders. Is that destructive or beneficial to our country? Name one thing that would fight illegal immigrations that would also destroy America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or